Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Any Map Gamers here?

This is a reminder that using "Kebab" and "Remove kebab" when referring to the Ottomans and/or Muslims in general is STRICTLY forbidden.

There has been a recent up-tick in usage of these terms so I am making sure that everyone is very, very aware of Paradox's stance.

Using these terms is considered racism, and so is against the Terms of Service and can result in infractions.

Knuc U Kinte fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

To my knowledge I currently own all but the free Yuletide DLC songs for mapgames since EU3 (I might be missing some stuff from HoI3 since I don't keep up to date on it too hard).

I own all the Ck2/Eu4 stuff, and Ill probably pick up the Vicky 2 stuff when I get into it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arumba is so inept at EU4 cf how good he is at CK2. He plays EU4 like he's been smoking crack.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

i took a break from keeping up with him a few months ago but at the time i thought he was getting better pretty fast

I'm watching a vid from just before WoN dropped and he's playing castile trying to do oclonies and he keep smashing Aragon and trying to break up their PU with Naples lmfao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Trigger warning for those borders. Yikes.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The golden rule of Map Gaming: Do not expand further if your borders look bad.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Europa Universalis 4 is the other easily accessible Map Game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Widestancer posted:

What are some of the harder to access ones and are they worth it?

We have a long running risk game at work in a back room where turns take place approximately whenever all involved have spare time. So far my Africa Strategy just isn't cutting it.

Victoria 2. Yes.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There's Hearts of Iron and tons of other crap, but I don't play them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

The first rule of mapgames is don't play the tutorial although the HoI3 one is kinda funny.

The EU4 tutorial is pretty deec iirc.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mobzy posted:

which mapgame is noob-friendly? i own ck2, eu3 and 4

Ck2 is more fun for roleplaying etc, but I think that EU4 is probably more straightforward.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

Do I need any other DLC for EU4 other than Conquest of Paradise? I think the only other one is like, a $20 expansion pack all about the Netherlands so it might not be worth it.

CoP is probably the most worthless DLC unless you wanna play native americans...WoN is the other good one with changes to trade.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

You know it

My prayers are answered.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

All the Vicky 2 stuff (literally all of it) was 5 bucks a month or two ago. I would have let you know if I knew you were gonna play....

I've been meaning to play for like 2 years. I was gonna pick it up last sale but all that EU stuff I didn't have was like $15

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

poland to germany is too goofy

I did it for the Chieves.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I didn;t go Germany tho, I went Poland to Prussia to HRE.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I can't imagine for the life of me watching someone else play a map game.

I watch Arumba sometimes to steal his ideas.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

He has good ideas when playing EU4, but he's got tunnel vision or something. Like he prioritises prestige over army trad when taking missions and he gets distracted doing poo poo that doesn't even matter in the scheme of his goals.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yolomancer posted:

Cool. I'll give it a shot. I just finished eating most of Bosnia, Serbia, Wallachia and Moldavia, but I didn't full annex them because I didn't want the AE and I don't really understand the best way to vassal feed.

There's a diplo point trade off with vassalising now if you want to annex. I didn't think much of it until I tried to annex portugal for like 800 monarch points or something ridiculous.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I ain;lt played eu4 in so long there's so much poo poo changed, mostly for the better .The AI is still really dumb when it comes to making peace tho. I see them absolutely smash their opponent and then let war exhaustion and lonas rack up before they peace out for 1 province.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

Charlemagne will be the time I finally boot up a mapgame again, at least thats what im telling myself.

It is going to be filled to the brim with bugs.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Paradox needs to sort their poo poo out wrt to breaking their games with every patch.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I'll play it anyway because I'm stupid as hell

poo poo, same here/.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What's a good game to do in EU4 after I get this 5 colonies chieve.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

westernized iroquouis

I already did the Cherokee one, and it bored me to tears so much that even new mechanics can't persuade me to play natives ever again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

i did a venice game where i carved through egypt to india. if you have res publica you put a trade post in every trade center province and then in india you grab all the trade provinces and protectorate everyone else and you get insane income because trade power of republics increases goods produced so all you have to do is be strong in an area and your protectorates will generate bonus goods

Hmm.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How do you build a trade post.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I might try and do Luck of the Irish.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

paradox has a bad habit of releasing expansions that are kinda buggy and then by the time they're fixed they've announced the next expansion and i'm all "oh that sounds cool i'll wait for that"

Yep. Ck2 has been stable and good for a while now. Eu seems good atm.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Has anyone done luck of the Irish? I just started as Ulster and Englad is protective of me...dunno whether I should ride that out and stab them in the back after stealing Scotland, or go full retard and try to beat up England with Scotlant.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

probably go full retard i think. if england collapses early with french and scottish help you can win big time

I decided to try helping england with scotland and steal the spoils...lo and behold the 100yw makes peace really quickly and England turns to domineering. :buddy:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I noticed that Ireland doesn't have that worthless national idea that increases republic tradition anymore...I also noticed that one of the sea zones by Ireland is called Dingle Bay.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

it's cool that if you are a republic it's really good. i think they still have it but it gives something else as well though

Oh.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I always lol at how crazy France is. I wanna do that Netherlands chieve and I had a poke around to see how people managed it and they all have these crazy strats to crack burgunday when they're weak by allying certain people and taking certain provinces immediately, but all I did was set a diplomat in france and beg them to be my ally and wait while France simultaneously beats them and Castile up for me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hay Man, what are the odds of the AI giving me poo poo I have claims/missions for in war?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress...I dunno if I wanna risk my alliance with France by peacing out early...but then again I want to get my poo poo before Austria gets it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress France. I waited out their gay war to see if they would give me stuff and they didn't, so I went to plan B which was to attack the coalition chain and bring in Burgundy because they warned me (lmao at being able to warn me with a truce, but whatever). France peaced out before I could even siege the 2 provinces I wanted and took they poo poo they sieged, leaving me high and dry against half of Norther Europe. Lmfao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Novgorod russia is actually easier overall due to the plutocracy idea group.

It's easier in the beginning too now that Poland usually wants to ally you fairly soon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Stink fag posted:

Tatars delivery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Je Maintiendrai is actually pretty hard. The only way to survive is to be super nasty but you rack up AE in the HRE so much it's freakign annoying!!!!