Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck

Harlock posted:

It's cute that the ALCS is filled with fun and unique teams that haven't been there in a while but I can't pretend that they're good enough to beat the Playoff Giants (who are somehow much better than Regular Season Giants) and the Cardinals (who are just a good team all the time)

I am just mentally preparing myself now. I would love to be wrong.

Neither of those NL teams set the world on fire during the regular season. At this point I don't think there's a matter of not being good enough for any team, although I think the Royals are probably still the weakest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

I think the O's could sweep the Royals and go up 3-0 in the World Series and Fangraphs would still be really down on them

http://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Asema posted:

It's supposed to rain all day friday in Baltimore. How does that uh, work in the ALCS? Just everything is pushed back including the travel day or do they play a day game on Sunday and travel same day to KC?

Also interested in the answer to this since I'm planning on making a futile effort to purchase a ticket to Game 2 when tickets go on sale to the public today

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

the popes toes posted:

"Game 1 would become Saturday's game if Friday is postponed.

According to the Orioles, should game 1 be rained out tomorrow night, HOME GAME 1 ticket holders would then be admitted to SATURDAY'S game, as that would now serve as "Home Game 1."

Though unofficial, the prevailing prediction is that Game 2 would then take place on Sunday at 4-5 PM, eliminating the travel day, forcing the Orioles and Royals to play on five consecutive days."

(from the O's Hangout board)

Ugh. I can't do Sunday if it gets pushed back. Thanks for nothing, weather.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Asema posted:

On the otherhand I could go to a Sunday game :getin:

Tried to PM you but you either can't receive them or have them disabled

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Asema posted:

the waiting room thing that the mlb uses is really bad and clunky and I hate it.

edit; every single O's ticket sold out in 5 minutes whelp :coffeepal:

I got in around 12:02, but everything seemed to be sold out already.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

So does this mean there were enough current season ticket holders, people who reserved season tickets for next year, and people who reserved partial season tickets for next year that there were only enough tickets to last less than 5 minutes when they went on sale to the general public? Because that just seems absurd to me.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

spanky69 posted:

Just wait until April and May in 2015 when you can get in on a Tuesday night for $4 when it is 43 degrees

That'd be awesome if I wasn't living in DC with no car :gonk:

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

angrygodofjebus posted:

Scalpers/brokers. The cheapest tickets on Stubhub are ~$140 for standing room.

So are scalpers buying season tickets then? Sorry, I have no idea how scalpers work under these situations.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Roflex posted:

If I had any kind of smart device I would've ordered tickets from the train.

I was gonna take the MARC from DC instead of renting a car for the day if I was able to get a ticket. Maybe I should just do that and see how StubHub looks on the way up

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I think you're grossly underestimating how fast limited quantities of tickets will sell.

Possibly. I knew they'd go fast. Just didn't think it'd be that fast.

FairGame posted:

If the WS ends up Cards/Os I will probably break my "Don't go to postseason games and root for the road teams" rule since I have enough Os fans friends that we'd all be cool with one another and drink beers and stuff.

If this happens, I will PM you; there's always room for 1 more.

Sounds good. I'd definitely be down for that.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

I know about sample sizes and all but it's still a bad sign.

It's not really a sign at all

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Ended up going to the game yesterday. It's going to be great when/if the Orioles' bullpen can stop making GBS threads the bed.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Fully expecting Jeremy Guthrie to embarrass the Orioles tonight

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

It sucks enough when your team is about to be eliminated, but it really sucks a lot more on top of that when some pinch runner's prophecy is also about to be fulfilled at the same time

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Kind of surprised that Delmon_Dogg could never learn to be a serviceable first baseman since he's fat and can't move well

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

Cue the Benny Hill music any time the ball is hit to LF

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

The O's were so enjoyable to watch this year, and it's all coming down to an unfortunate end tonight after being poo poo-talked by a pinch runner who didn't really do anything this series and having to start Nelson Cruz out of necessity in a spacious outfield. Adam Jones will also record 3 strikeouts on 9 pitches that are not in the same universe as the strike zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

lagcats posted:

I don't see the Orioles getting swept..the NLCS is shaping up to be more interesting :raise:

The game doesn't start until 4:00 :rimshot:

Also, looks like the O's won't be picking up Markakis' option worth $17.M for next year but will be giving Nelson Cruz a QO of $15.3M

Whodat Smith-Jones fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 15, 2014

• Locked thread