Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

FoglyOgly posted:

From the radio I've listened to this postseason, I almost get the feeling that Denny still can't believe we've gotten this far and doesn't want to jinx it by getting excited.

I've listened to him for years, thats just who Denny is. I don't think there's a chance in hell that a younger version of him would be accepted as a new hire, but at this point he's been there many decades, people are used to him, and he's a hall of famer as an announcer so it's pretty much up to him when he should quit.

Denny basically believes (he's articulated this before, so it is intentional) that the announcer can allow himself to get very slightly excited at times, but he should just primarily focus on calling the game and let the roar of the crowd do the rest. Which, there's something to that, but he's taken it way too far to the point where he's just not communicating the amazing accomplishments of the team. Rex Hudler on TV is Denny's evil bizarro-world twin in that he's an excited goofy clown.

Lefebvre and Physioc probably strike a happy balance between the extremes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Even old white people who can afford world series tickets?

Trust me. In KC, we have heard all about Lorde, whether we wanted to or not.

• Locked thread