Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Quasimango posted:

Bryce Harper in the NLDS: .294/.368/.882 for a 1.251 OPS

All other Nats: .148/.204/.183 for a .387 OPS

I'm sure someone else has mentioned that but I just worked it out and it's amazing.

Rendon needs some credit too. If he and Bryce were near each other in the line up, some more runs would have scored.

The Nationals beat themselves last night. San Francisco would not have taken the lead IMO if Gio hadn't walked in a run or Barrett hadn't thrown wildly. I'm not sure LaRoche is going to be around next season with his post-All Star Game performance and hopefully Ryan Zimmerman takes his spot at first if he can stay healthy. They desperately need more consistent offense.

I slept on it and I can't be too mad at the Giants at this point. What's the story people were talking about in the GDT of why Vogelsong is actually a cool dude?

TenaciousJ fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Schweinhund posted:

Denard Span
Anthony Rendon
Jayson Werth
Adam LaRoche
Ian Desmond
Bryce Harper

It's not all that crazy. He's been worse than most of those other hitters this year. And Desmond has been pretty hot in the second half.

It kind of depresses me to think that the Nats would have scored runs if Rendon and Harper weren't so far from each other in the lineup, but Bryce didn't do a whole lot during the regular season to warrant hitting earlier in the lineup. I wouldn't be terribly shocked if he moves up in the lineup next year if Adam LaRoche is gone.

• Locked thread