Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quasimango posted:

Bryce Harper in the NLDS: .294/.368/.882 for a 1.251 OPS

All other Nats: .148/.204/.183 for a .387 OPS

I'm sure someone else has mentioned that but I just worked it out and it's amazing.

So glad he batted sixth in the lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Orioles gonna sweep the Royals and then get blown out by the Giants in the World Series.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Storm posted:

Yes but in what hilarious fashion? 6,7,8 Giants hitters hitting 2 dingers every game? 4 errors on the CF in one game? How??

Ok the Cardinals and Giants will go seven. San Francisco will eliminate St. Louis in the most heartbreaking of fashion -- Wainwright will throw batting practice in an emergency start and Yadier Molina will come out of the closet and openmouth kiss Brandon Phillips.

Giants starters will be so taxed that Tim Lincecum starts game one of the World Series and no-hits Baltimore. Joaquin Arias and Gregor Blanco will hit multiple home runs throughout the series. Nelson Cruz will go hitless and have 2 fielding gaffes.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ambassador of Funk posted:

I think it's more for "The Best Fans in Baseball" outrage it would produce.

Yeah about 3/4 of their tweets referenced Joe Buck going down on Kershaw, Magic Johnson having AIDS and giving it to players, and the bubble machine being gay.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

a rowdy mullet posted:

The library of congress released a recently found, highlight reel of the Washington Senators 1924 World Series win, and it's fuckin awesome. Walter Johnson makes an appearance in extra innings starting at 2:15; no idea how he could (supposedly) throw in the mid 90's with that delivery.

If only I could have lived in an era before Joe Buck and Chris Berman running their mouths during games :allears:

It looks pretty similar to a Randy Johnson fast ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbaKWvLFKjc

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

a rowdy mullet posted:

Walter Johnson's delivery reminds me a little of Paul Byrd, I always got a kick out of watching him use that old-school windup. It might be due to the cameral angles, but most of the old-time pitchers deliveries look so awkward, From the film I've seen it seems like pitchers didn't really incorporate their lower bodies into the windup until the 30's or 40's.

Yeah I am not sure how much of it is the mound being different, but I recall people arguing over who was the first pitcher to really drive with their legs and dig their knee down on delivery.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kawalimus is expressing his opinion in Sports Argument Stadium. A lot of these haters are just mad because he doesn't show the forum the proper respect or post the right way.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wainwright looks so bad it's great.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Vin Scully should call every playoff game from an ISDN line in his house.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Senf posted:

We'll always have this, Chip.

Please tell me they did a Coco Crisp cereal bowl promotion.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

zakharov posted:

ALCS Game 3 postponed :(

Extra days off gives the Royals plenty of time to turn back into a pumpkin.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tony Phillips posted:

Non-playoff NEWS : Today was my birthday.

VIEWS : My girlfriend is awesome.

N: Marry her
V: Right now

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought defense was proven to be poo poo in sabermetrics? Like most teams with bad defense and good offense go to the playoffs (COUGH DETROIT TIGERS), while teams with just good defense barely break even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

FairGame posted:

h/t VivaElBirdos

Foreword by Ned Yost?

• Locked thread