Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
I dislike the Giants' success because they seem to be able to respond to the pressure and win when they have to in order to accomplish their overall goal, whereas my team seems to mainly focus their skills on losing exactly when they need to in order to do the opposite.

I know thats a bunch of bullshit #narrative reasons to want a team to fail, but when another team coasts into the playoffs on magic dust over and over with contributions coming from all over and your team goes twenty years without being able to even secure a wildcard appearance, you will become naturally resentful.

That said, Buster, Timmy and Panda are all about as likeable as professional athletes can be and Bochy is a pretty cool dude and they play in a really nice park. I don't think I hate any of the Giants, but gently caress do I ever hate the Giants.

Go Royals. Don't make me cheer for the Giants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Why would you ever have Barry Bonds on the bench?

Some sort of weird mercy rule?

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

This suit chat has me pretty scared for the offseason.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Are they a sandwich or are their batflips and showboating ruining this game?

Stay tuned all winter as we come to the opposite of a meaningful conclusion!

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

FairGame posted:

AJP has been virtually the same hitteras 2nd half Yadi. I guess that says more about the lovely offense than anything else, but AJP 6th is fine if Yadi 6th was.

e: what the hell, Oscar Taveras still isn't playing ahead of Grichuk.

HE LITERALLY DID THE BEST THING POSSIBLE IN HIS ONLY PLATE APPEARANCE THIS SERIES

In before allegations of rampant organizational racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Is he going to dump Kemp, Crawford or Mattingly first?

Will Maddon be pried away?

• Locked thread