Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
regfairfield
May 22, 2005

toadee posted:

I seem to remember a study that showed most of what goes into preventing steals is on the pitcher's time to delivery and that catcher's arm (mainly accuracy) plays a relatively small role.

The big thing Molina does is prevent people from even trying to steal so going from that to AJP is going to be a huge difference. This year alone people tried to steal 44 times with a 52% success rate in 940 innings against Molina and 38 times with a 79 percent success rate against Cruz and Pierzynski in 510 innings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regfairfield
May 22, 2005

Worthleast posted:

The Giants don't steal. And their fast guys are never even on base.

Edit: Why is Travis Ishikawa batting 7th?

You did see the part where I was responding to a guy saying losing Molina won't make a much of a difference when it comes to the Cards controlling the running game.

regfairfield
May 22, 2005

Mornacale posted:

If anything, you should be rooting for the Royals' stupid ideas to pay off so that all the bad GMs in baseball will go "see, I was right all along!" and do really dumb and funny poo poo to try to imitate them.

Say what you will about how good the Royals ideas were but that they clearly had a plan, win in 13-14 with defense and fly ball pitchers, and stuck to it puts them ahead of all the really bad orgs out there. Jack Z would have ran Chris Getz and Paul Maholm out there instead of Infante and Vargas. That Moore put himself in an all in situation and actually acted like it makes me respect him way more than I did a year ago.

regfairfield
May 22, 2005

zakharov posted:

I agree, as the architect of his own horrible trade Pierzynski definitely deserves to be seriously injured.

Pierzynski did kick the Giants trainer in the testicles and has massively badmouthed San Francisco since. Giants fans have lots of reasons to hate the dude.

• Locked thread