Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Perhaps an increased boob slider range is a special feature of the European server. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
So the main thing that we can get from episode 2 is: Demikas is whipped from all sides. All sides. ALL SIDES. Which is great

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
:can: IT COMES. :can:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

A casual relationship between two main characters? In anime? Seriously though I really liked that conversation between Naotsugu and Marielle. It really sells me the idea that these guys are adults, not dundering awkwards like anime likes to do.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

"Mr. Democracy" made me laugh more than it should have.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Raxivace posted:

"Mr. Democracy" made me laugh more than it should have.

This whole episode made me laugh more than I though Log Horizon ever would. I thought Tetra would annoy me to no end, but she may just be my new favorite character because of how much she fucks with people. Her whole introduction scene was just golden.

And, much to my disbelief, I really liked the animation this episode. Though honestly that credit should go more to the animation director than Deen itself.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
All the gags and jokes were pretty good, in a silly way. Them making stupid comments about underwear was good. And it's cute those two were calling each other every night.

Even though there was no fighting or economics, I enjoyed the episode. If it picks up next week back into big plot things I'll have enjoyed this episode more, knowing it was a nice silly one off, slice of life character thing.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Don't worry Akatsuki, someday you'll be able to afford the leet drops.

In other words I found this cute thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Anyway, it is kind of hilarious how Akatsuki is terribly worried about her lackluster gear due to never raiding while Shiroe is off getting sweet raid loot. I guess pulling unpaid bodyguard duty doesn't leave her much time for farming cash, either.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Annointed posted:

In other words I found this cute thing.

Is that a cute thing, though? Or is it just...a thing?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Serious Frolicking posted:

Anyway, it is kind of hilarious how Akatsuki is terribly worried about her lackluster gear due to never raiding while Shiroe is off getting sweet raid loot. I guess pulling unpaid bodyguard duty doesn't leave her much time for farming cash, either.

I think they were drawing a direct parallel between Delicious and Akatsuki. Both think Gear Score is the important thing for raids.

This episode was awesome. Regan especially, good lord man.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This is the face of a guy who has you by the ropes and he knows it. In any other story Shiroe would've been the best villain.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Ok so the pink haired girl is totally a dude IRL right?

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

What she reminded me of most was Kaeru from Turning Girls.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

KoB posted:

Tetra, before the Apocalypse, was a dude. However, without an appearance changer like Akatsuki got, he basically got stuck as a girl and seems to have embraced it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The important things we learned was Regan owns, Mr. Democracy is everybody's bitch, and role playing a weirdo lone wolf in a cooperative game doesn't actually work out in the end.

Also was Mariel implying that Henrietta was making calls to Shiroe to?

What the gently caress are these adult relationships doing in my animoos?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe something that was obvious to the people that have read the manga, but in the OP of the anime it's hinting at something awesome the group shot near the very end of the OP a shadow flies over them. I thought it was a dragon or something, but pausing on the scene it's a huge plane with the build of a miltary 1945-like bomber/modern cargo transport

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

EVIR Gibson posted:

Maybe something that was obvious to the people that have read the manga, but in the OP of the anime it's hinting at something awesome the group shot near the very end of the OP a shadow flies over them. I thought it was a dragon or something, but pausing on the scene it's a huge plane with the build of a miltary 1945-like bomber/modern cargo transport

Why do people keep saying 'read the manga'? The original source is the LN and the manga isn't even near where the anime is. But that aside Military planes and bomber, the possibilities. Magecasters enchanting bullets and AA turrets with fire and lightning. Formations involving summons to cripple supply lines. Tanks taunting on their fighter jets to disrupt enemy formations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I got the feeling that Regan's characterization shifted between the series. Is that just me? An illusion brought about by his limited screen time in S1 and his function as an exposition disperser? He seemed rather untrustworthy in the first series.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Annointed posted:

Why do people keep saying 'read the manga'? The original source is the LN and the manga isn't even near where the anime is.[/spoiler]

The manga has things drawn with the author's input, and sometimes includes background details that couldn't be presented via narration. For example, the very first hint of Roe2 was the login menu in Shiroe's screen in the manga, in the very first few pages.
Up to Book 7 there's no mention of that shadow or what it represents.

genericnick posted:

I got the feeling that Regan's characterization shifted between the series. Is that just me? An illusion brought about by his limited screen time in S1 and his function as an exposition disperser? He seemed rather untrustworthy in the first series.
He's always had this sketchy feel to him, but that's just because he's the fantasy version of a hikkikomori. Dude doesn't even bother to change his robes. Just look at his picture in the wiki.

Now that he's out in the sun and interacting we see more of his fun side.
He still gets weird at times, though.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 11, 2014

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames
I'm really surprised that Tetra is a cleric given that she wants to be an idol so badly. Wouldn't a bard have been better?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

KasaiAisu posted:

I'm really surprised that Tetra is a cleric given that she wants to be an idol so badly. Wouldn't a bard have been better?

In MMO's everyone wants a healbot.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Annointed posted:

In MMO's everyone wants a healbot.

Yeah, the healer is almost certainly the center of the party in any traditional MMO setting. It's a great fit for the character.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

meanwhile the rogues/akatsuki get left behind and are easily replaced by other generic dps/girls

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Kyte posted:

Spoilers

Could you put this is spoiler tags, please?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Regan was all business before because that's what the scenes he was in required. He jumped at the opportunity to start making dirty jokes as soon as it came up.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

korrandark posted:

Could you put this is spoiler tags, please?

What spoilers?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Kyte posted:

What spoilers?

Roe2

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

That's not really a spoiler.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I wonder how Plant Hwyaden is making their 10mil a month. Is like every adventurer donating like 50g a day? Are the nobles just footing the bill? I can't imagine them going for that every month?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Bad Moon posted:

I wonder how Plant Hwyaden is making their 10mil a month. Is like every adventurer donating like 50g a day? Are the nobles just footing the bill? I can't imagine them going for that every month?

They answer that in the novel. It'll probably come up in the anime too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Presumably they can tax everyone as hard as they want since the alternative is death.

KoB posted:

That is totally the dudest dude who ever duded. (Not a spoiler.)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Except that doesn't stop people from loving off to another city and moving their hearth there.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

For people who have read the books is Plant Hwyaden actively malicious or are they just a different way of running things that conflicts with the Round Table?

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Tetra is best girl

That's the main thing I am coming away from this episode with.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

EVIR Gibson posted:

Not to ruin your day or anything, but it's totally the building shadow lit up by the moon. OP Image here

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Overlord K posted:

Tetra is best girl

That's the main thing I am coming away from this episode with.
Tetra is not just a girl. She's an idol! Pheromones, Pheromones!

I could feel those Pheromones even through the computer screen.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Tetra sounds like they would fit in a Goon Guild

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Annointed posted:

Why do people keep saying 'read the manga'? The original source is the LN and the manga isn't even near where the anime is. But that aside Military planes and bomber, the possibilities. Magecasters enchanting bullets and AA turrets with fire and lightning. Formations involving summons to cripple supply lines. Tanks taunting on their fighter jets to disrupt enemy formations.

Turn Log Horizon into Chaika. I'd be okay with sniper rifle wizards. :unsmigghh:

Tetra was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I think Tertra was great because she really is Kaeru from Working Girls: a terrible idol that everyone is fully aware of how terrible she is. The show being in on the joke helps quite a bit.

The animation was pretty drat wonky this episode. Goddammit, DEEN! :argh:

• Locked thread