Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
so they changed all the poo poo with the demon on the roof, that was totally different in the leaked copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Demon looked different, it wasn't John, it looked like a electro/fire demon but in the guard. Astrid was there, the dialog was different. Also she didn't disappear and leave the necklace, so the bar scene was different. Was identical until the dude came on the roof.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He came back, what's the issue?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Codependent Poster posted:

He got better!

I'll keep watching the show. It has potential and I'll forgive the pilot for being all over the place. Just gotta slow down and give time for poo poo to sink in before immediately jumping to the next scene.

It was less disjointed in the original pilot. Because the chick was still on the team at the end.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Must be how there is a 720 rip with no watermark for todays episode

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was alright, Zed's attractively seductive. Constantine is well English, dead happy with that

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it the pilot though, if they changed it over the original pilot.. Episode 1 is probably more accurate

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ghosts and fantasy stuff don't do it for everyone. The Supernatural fans don't take to kindly to Castiel knock offs (i know).

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

KatWithHands posted:

You know what, the front 95% of the episode was entertaining to me. It wasn't anything special, but it felt like a season 1/2 Supernatural episode, back when I still watched and liked the show. I didn't know they would be going the procedural route, but all in all I don't really mind it, especially paired up with Grimm.

The end, though, with John just casually tossing out that line about "nothing blacker than gypsy magic" made me cringe hardcore. I mean, in a show about magic, you're going to have people representing a religious/ethnic/etc group that are bad guys, and that's not a problem. You can have someone who is Romani, who is also the bad guy, but don't have someone who is the bad guy because they're Romani, man. That's hosed up. That entire scene would've gone the exact same way if they dropped that one line, because it wasn't actually necessary.

If i've learned one thing from TV and Gypsies in general. They throw black Magic and curses around like it's their job.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kampfbereit posted:

He wouldn't, as he can't drive, which is why Chas has to drive him everywhere. But that is in the comics, he's probably a baptist NASCAR Marine here.

(Also, John would never allow himself to be pickpocketed, especially by someone he thinks is going to steal his wallet.)

Why does he explain his coal mining knowledge by saying he grew up in Liverpool? There are no coal mines in Liverpool AFAIK. Can any UK goons confirm/deny?

Liverpool is a port city, they used to, and probably still export coal from there. Wales is not pretty much across the bay from Liverpool.
Liverpool used be in Lancashire up till the 70's. Plenty of coal mining in Lancashire back in the day.

I have no idea how old Constantine is supposed to be

Edit: The Miners Strike was going on in 84-85 when he was created, so it's works for me.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 3, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
For a fraction of a second, but just the end of it, you can't see his mouth.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Clamknuckle posted:

Well Walrus you sold me on Swamp Thing. I've always been a Marvel guy but I've been meaning to get into some DC titles for years. I'll be getting the first volumes of Hellblazer and the Moore Swamp Thing trades.

I'd read Sandman too, if you haven't already. Everyone should read it at least once.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
why can't they start off as peers and antagonists, then become buds.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a network TV thing. Smoking isnt allowed. They blur it in Thailand.

http://2bangkok.com/2bangkok-simpsons-simpsonssmoking.html

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
There was a few times during that last episode, the scouse accent was there under the gruff.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the eyeball...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pwnstar posted:

I laughed when Constantine took the time to update the "Days Since Last Accident" sign at the meatpacking plant.

soon as i saw the sign, i was like "Go on my son!"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hopefully Netflix or Amazon picks it up and goes to loving town

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
A bunch of rich Japanese and gastronomy weirdos crowd fund Hannibal, where's the Goon kickstarter for Constantine?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Didn't mind that episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah i like Zed. Hotness aside, she does sell that lost trying to find her place vibe.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not a praying man, but if this gets cancelled and not picked up by Amazon. I hope he gets to play Constantine in JLD

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Desperado Bones posted:

There are unconfirmed rumors that Guillermo del Toro loved Matt's performance and sort of wanted him for JLD. But rumors are rumors and del Toro is del Toro, so who knows. That movie might never me made. I'm still waiting for Hellboy III but I know it will never happen.

Yeah i read all that. But it could be 2020 before anything is done. Constantine and Swamp Thing in the same movie would be beyond epic.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He didn't inhale...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Two Vdubs, there was a combi too

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
How does NBC gain revenue from Stream and DVR?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Confirmed audio mix was for the birds. When manny was in the tunnel, the reverbs and echo were loving with it. also in other places kept being muffled when actors were moving or faced away from camera.

Threw me because usually the sound is really good.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

hollylolly posted:

Ratings rose slightly to a 0.9! :toot:

Seriously, just sell it to CW, they'd get a woody with those ratings

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Drivers union.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

They need to end season 1 by burning down that god drat deux ex machina watermill.

Why, he's got himself a magical Bat Cave

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's a Batcave, it's got a house above it, a bottomless pit. And heaps of poo poo you can't touch.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Agreed, and in Hannibal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

cool kids inc. posted:

Some interesting (and more than likely of the "my uncle works at nintendo" variety) rumors swirling that they are considering moving Constantine to Syfy and rebranding it Hellblazer.

Obviously, "sources" here could be just made up wishful thinking, but I would be actually okay with that.

Not exactly the news i would have hoped for, but it's better than nothing.

• Locked thread