Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They certainly aren't wasting any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not that surprised that they ditched this girl after this episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I liked Dr. Fate's helmet. This show is moving way too fast though. There's no time to breathe on anything that's happening.

I have to wonder how much of this set up will be used in subsequent episodes seeing as they changed things up after they filmed the pilot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And here's where we write her out of the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

From the "coming up this season" preview it looks like they're keeping the safe house, which is just kind of goofy seeing as they made a big deal this episode that it belonged to her/her father.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Eugh

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, apparently "no smoking" didn't really stick very long.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

John bringing a TV dinner to a funeral reception is pretty funny.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I thought was kind of weird is that it really felt like it was originally written with the series or at least this episode taking place in England, all the Welsh stuff and the Episcopalian (Anglican) priest.

All in all I did like this episode better than the first. Less time spent on set up meant the episode was paced better. There were some good character moments (like John and the frozen dinner) and Zed feels like a much better female lead. Mostly because they set her up to be mostly on a similar level as John, instead of just a walking damsel in distress.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's not like John wears an elaborate costume, he wears a white shirt and a tie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Firstborn posted:

While this is true, it's the same shirt and tie. Not even a different color. And it's done in a way that looks like he's trying to recover from a bender, even though he put it on that way.

I really hope the show changes it's mind about Swamp Thing, because mind the walrus' post makes me want to read every goddamn issue.

Nah, when he started the episode he was wearing a red tie but after the mud it was black.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hopefully if this gets renewed they just let him smoke because dancing around the subject like this is already pretty silly. I'm pretty sure at the start of last week's episode when he was first walking into town they had him smoking, just shot from behind so you couldn't actually see the cigarette in his mouth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of funny how the loss of the original girl also resulted in Chaz getting a mild rewrite. Like before the end of the first episode his character was written as almost mute.

Also hope that door bit means we might eventually get a "House of Leaves"-esque episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hannibal is different because despite the name Will Graham is the main character of the show. Also everyone knows that Hannibal will eventually go to jail for his crimes. Constantine just has John and if the show goes too dark there really isn't any other strong characters to care about.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, good job spoiling the special guest star, credits.

Edit: guess it wasn't a secret for long.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 22, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who was that girl Constantine was shacked up with early in the episode? She looked familiar but I can't place her.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that they seem to trade off partners every other episode. Last week had Chas and Zed but that seemed like an outlier, usually its one or the other.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Require More Fire posted:

Haha god poor Chaz.

He suffers from Wolverine syndrome, where just because he can regenerate he is constantly being grievously injured.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Constantine: No, Smoking Please

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The goofy part of Matt Ryan's audition is that when he sent it in he had a crazy beard and long hair because of a play he was in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zed episode, so no Chaz.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Was that the Psycho Pirate mask?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, so because the Lucifer comic is a spin off of Sandman and Sandman technically happens in the DC universe, DC's God situation is kind of weird. Because in Lucifer God has abandoned the throne and wants someone else to take it and the person who does is (Lucifer end spoilers) the daughter of Archangel Michael who looks like a 12 year old girl. She isn't though since by the time she takes over the throne she's been a god in Lucifer's universe for several thousand years. But she takes over as capital G God of the main DC universe. Of course this is all before the New 52 reboot but you wouldn't think something like that could change who God is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought it was really annoying of NBC to leave that episode with a cliffhanger and then the "next time" instantly spoils it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its not that he lives, they literally say what he does to get out of there. It kind of kills any tension.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mark Margolis (Breaking Bad's Hector Salamanca) is going to be showing up as Felix Faust on January 23rd's episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Does the sound seem off to anyone? Like Manny seemed really high pitched.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming that it was John's drunken protection spell that made Chas immortal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not sure how Chas is supposed to regenerate from that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He got the grenade from the army surplus store earlier in the episode. You see him pocket one while commenting on them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They haven't really used the house that much for anything mystical. Zed used it that one time to get rid of her attackers but that's pretty much it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's only like 2 more episodes after this isn't there?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Look out everyone, Tom Cruise's cousin is going to kill you!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is a weird episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

This show needs more Jeremy Davies. Add him to the group with Chaz and Zed.

I liked that apparently he is just kind of weird and twitchy as he started doing a lot of stuff he did as Dickie Bennett on Justified.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Certainly was an extreme way to kill off that plot point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wait, Eclipso?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So unrealistic, what young girl wouldn't want to marry a greasy unshaven Cajun?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I did like the other bit of foreshadowing with Corrigan, where instead of bringing the killer to justice he enacts vengeance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

Also not having Chas for the season finale and instead having McBeardface is really an odd choice.

The show has been kind of weird about that all season, trading off episodes where Constantine is working with Zed or Chas. There were plenty where it was both but there were certainly enough with just one or the other that it was noticeable.

• Locked thread