Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
My first pull was an S-rank Sword guy, Zuzu, and I am lazy so I am just gonna stick with him. Better than a B I guess. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Cool, thanks for the code, got a Pupropu from that! He's pretty good

MotU fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Oct 10, 2014

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I am on Chapter 5-1, and I am having an issue with some wyrms in the corners of the maps. Maybe I am forgetting/missing something, but is there any way to force them out? They just sit on the corners and spam breath attacks without moving

Edit: Nevermind, corners count as surrounding, whoops

MotU fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 11, 2014

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Just pulled an S Rank Lizard Swordswoman named Sha'plar and she seems really good? Is Shadow Element, has 2 pincer attacks on Job 2, an Area on Job 3 and a 30% Instant Death proc on Job 1.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Cool, got S'naip who is apparently an insanely good archer despite being A-Rank

MotU fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 16, 2014

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
One shot the 9-10 Golem, and I got him as a drop. It would be kind of cool if some monster units were worth using outside of the debuff thing, like if they had different jobs, too.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Choose one or the other and stick with it, when you l get to Ch 12+ leveling up someone quickly via metal zones is much easier since you can bring higher level units to weight the average

Does this mean bring higher level units to low level zones or lower level ones to high zones?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Is there anyone in particular I should be saving up materials for getting their 2nd jobs first?

I have Kuscah, Zenzoze, Zuzu, S'naip, Pupropu, Ba'gunar, Palpa and Sha'plar. I also have Eileen but I have her 2nd job already for Levitate.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Had enough energy for 2 pulls today and welp I got 2 more Sha'plars from it so now I have a 34% Boost one

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

coyo7e posted:

Okay I am Bad At Game, how the gently caress do I deal with these mantledrakes at the end of chap 6-10 or whatever (the magma mantle chapter), they seem to be the first enemies with real AI that prevents me from getting them to get the gently caress out of the corner behind a wall of magma they're hiding in, and they have 2200 hps so they can eat two or three well-orchestrated hits from my 20-25ish party and then AOE them into the loving lava and then attack me next turn before I can get anyone around them again.. REALLY wish I had levitate. :(

Yeah, however both might say "5k" and then you go into a metal level, gain 50k and notice the SS guy's bar barely moves...

I am reasonably sure all characters got the same actual experience number last Metal Zone I did and I have guys Rank S to B in my group

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I have been getting garbage from the Tin Parade today but then again I only have hunting ground 2. I also seem to have gotten ever single kind of ore in abundance except the one I need to Job-Up Sha'plar :arghfist:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

coyo7e posted:

So someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but does the stamina "battery" meter take longer to restore 1 point, the more chapters you beat? I recall when I started that it'd only take 3 or 4 minutes for 1 point of stamina, and now down at chap 10ish, I just noticed that the "battery" can be over half-empty and still say 4+ minutes..

You're always going to either get Grace or the Sword chick (I forgot her name). Grace's second job gives her a decent AOE ability although its targetting is a bit odd.

And yeah, the Lion King is badass, he hits like a truck and he's still 5-8 levels below most of my party.

Its targeting is actually a 1 block area around her such as:

xxx
xox
xxx

If you position her on a chain near enemies it is pretty great

Edit: Whoop, just pulled my first SS

Eh, it's Camellia

Also got Bonna though :toot:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

coyo7e posted:

Yeah I understand that, it's just that the skill chance is low enough it doesn't go off as reliably as I expect, and I've also seen her do that "arrow storm" AOE or whatever it's called, on groups of enemies a couple squares away from her. I was like :catstare: because I thought I'd figured out that it always centered around her.

She has Megabow and Megabow [Area 1]. You probably had her as one of the characters leading the Pincer and both of the skills went off.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I think she gets multiple elements?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
5 Free Energy for the Bahamut event. I pulled another Pupropu but his skill boost is like 22% now!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Fat Samurai posted:

I want all the drakes. How long does the event last? Any obvious things I should know going in?

Bahamut is Fire Element and has a Hit-All attack he opens with and alternates Column/Row fire attacks. The rest of the guys are all pretty simple and forgiving as any large group starts out with 2-3 turn delay. There are some dudes that lay poison but they aren't that obnoxious. If you are above the level of the zone, which is 20, it is pretty simplistic. I guess the reward is supposed to be a chance to drop Bahamut?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Does average level affect Bahamut drop rate like it does Pudding/Puppet/Tin? I'm like 7 in on my level 40 guys and no drops at all of anything

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I'm like 0/16 now I am gettin' upset

0/18

MotU fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 25, 2014

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I don't have a Negotiator but I do have an impressive streak of 0/20

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
1/24 :smug:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

SSNeoman posted:

Jesus. Congratulations man, seriously. I hope the game at least dropped a fair bit of items during all those runs. RNG is such bullshit.

Thanks, I actually got enought o stick both Bahl and Grace into their 3rd jobs if I felt like it. I have something like 10 available jobs to me but not Sha'plar which is who I want

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
It says on some of the screens pretty sure that if your party's average level is greater than the level range, you will get reduced drops.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

EzEight posted:

Team Mistwalker apparently did an interview on Nico Nico(ie. Japanese subscription based youtube)

A few juicy bits:
2) Sakaguchi really likes Amazora,she is a "Moe-Tan" and is considering raising her grade.(Just his opinion, not official)
http://www.terrabattlex.com/characters/amazora

Good, I have her + she has kickass 3rd Job artwork

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Got a Masamune on my first run of a boss but no one I got needs it :(

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
0/3 let's see if I can beat my record

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Got a Caladbolg on my 4th run. Better than the 24 for Bahamut himself

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

SSNeoman posted:

Anyone know what the requirements are for Bahamut's third job?

Caladcholg, 15 Fire Rings and 3 Oxsecium

Woop got Maralme from free Energy so now I got both Maralme and daughter Velraine. They cover all 4 Elements between them which is pretty sweet even though they are melee

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Didn't realize I had 15 energy, drew 3. Got Samantha, Ellvern and Hammerpact :getin:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I got a 33 Item Pudding Time today but it was all rings :v:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Inferior Third Season posted:

I just started playing two days ago. My pulls so far have been Sha'plar and Olber, which I think are pretty decent.

But I've noticed that the tile switching fucks up fairly regularly. I thought it might just be me making imprecise movements, but then one time I moved through two of my guys that were next to each other and pinned against the wall by enemies, and the second one didn't move, creating a gap between them, which should not have been possible to do. It's very annoying when this happens, because this can create gaps unfillable by anything other than the movement tile, and there simply isn't enough time with the timer to fix it and set up the attack. Is this happening to anyone else? (iPhone 4, btw)

It has happened to me a few times, but it hasn't happened often at all. I'm on Chapter 18 now for reference. Sha'plar is really good and one of the melee characters that gets abilities to attack out of pincer (mage second job) and Olber is good for support/melee I think. He has a few heals and a tank ability as well as a couple Evasion buffs so he has a kind of unique role

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

New Leaf posted:

I don't like that guy. His first job is fine, but his second (and possibly third?) jobs switch from archer to some kind of Mage with no spells? He turns into some kinda lame anti-poison guy. It's a bizarre design choice considering he's "the marksman" in title. I honestly don't even know how to classify him but I jobbed him up weeks ago without doing my research. He doesn't have nearly enough damaging potential to use long term. I found out that the hard way since he was one of my original pulls on this run.

He actually has okay dmg potential but it is all in higher levels and his third job. A lot of it is area so he can activate abilities while in a chain rather than a pincer initiator

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Jeez Gaiga's profile dialogue with the 3 Stonechildren is a bit :pedo:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Zenzirouj posted:

Just pulled Amazora. She doesn't look awful, I guess?

She's got cool 3rd Job art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

ijii posted:

My sentiments on this guy is the same as the person above. I just wanted to add that he's farmable, so if this is like a starting roll, I would reroll.

This is a coin roll meaning it ain't possible to be a starting roll

• Locked thread