Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

It's been 450 days since I did my first time account reroll slog in P&D so I guess I should be over my PTSD by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Byolante posted:

I want to play this but its not out in my region (asutralia) and vpn doesn't seem to work

Make a US itunes account (use a false address) and download it that way, no VPN needed.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

No idea if the gift will be retroactive. It would be, wouldn't it?

Every time I rerolled yesterday I got both the starter (Bahl/Grace) and then Kuscah right after, so I guess the announcement is just late and its been active for a while?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Gunjin posted:

Got Rikken on my second try, should that be good enough?

I started with Rikken and she doesn't really seem much better than Grace yet, and she seems strictly worse than the A-class lightning mage dude I pulled. I think the idea is that the SS really only start to shine much further into the game than where I'm at though.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Zotix posted:

Is there a set schedule for the metal dungeons? Also any tips for catching those runners? It seems like if I get them it's mainly luck.

Depends a lot on where they spawn but if you do big loops around the outside of the board you can herd them into little traps. They generally run directly away from where you approach but sometimes they just fly off wherever.

By the way, Rikken's third job second ability "control time", does anyone know if this works like the increased orb timer mechanic in P&D? Does it stack? Because having two whole more seconds of movement seems tremendously powerful.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Just pulled Gugba then after opening my day 4 login mail for the bonus energy, which is now my third SS along with my rerolled Rikken and Czekras.

I've put about $20 in so I feel exceedingly lucky, but I also suspect the 5% thing might be a bit off.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Outside of the battle system its very much a mix of Summoner's War and Brave Frontier, but I didn't really get into either of those games because you don't really 'do' anything in the battle system. You activate spells maybe but mostly you just sort of spectate.

I think the general advantage of not benching your SS healer is that you build up their skills while you go I guess

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Ah but you got Bahl instead of Grace, better chuck that one in the bin sorry.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Is Bahl bad? I just got her with a 5 energy pull, but I started with Grace.

Both are very good, Bahl is slightly worse I suppose due to the fact that she doesn't start with an attack skill like Grace.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Solkanar512 posted:

Really? I feel like now that my folks have a few more skills, they're getting skillups every level for the mages, and every other level for the others. Though I'm at the end of CH8.

I think it just becomes a bit more noticeable when your 50% mages don't proc and you take ridiculous damage later on.

Definitely concur with the folks complaining about the weird/sticky orb movement, compared to P&D it seems a lot more clunky when trying for fast big moves.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

I got Czekras and Samupi (SS and A respectively). Are either any good?

Czekras has a delay like echidna from P&D and he's the only character in the game with the spell, although it's deep in his evolution tree and I don't think it works against bosses. He wont be doing much damage until level 15 when he gets his 80% activation frost spell, but he'll do a lot of the heavy lifting after that.

Samupi is a ghetto Yukken with access to all three weapons and by all accounts is very useful and versatile.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Yukken is awesome, but Sorman is a bit of overkill since you'll get a free Kuzcah and starting with two healers will be a bit slow. I'd probably pick the Czekras account over it, but both are fine if you're getting sick of rerolling.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

First wall I've hit is chapter 10-10 with the time-mechanic boss. Pretty sure I just need some more levels so I can pump out damage faster, but the time limitation debuff is super annoying regardless.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Kemito posted:

Hey cpaf! Try hitting that guy with lightning damage and he usually short circuits for that turn. Makes the fight a bit more strategic and way more bearable.

You are a wonderful person, I guess the clue should have been the game gifting me the lightning sword guy who I've never used.

Edit: Welp bringing along a really underlevelled Bagunar as a puny taser made that level ridiculously easy

Thinking fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 14, 2014

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Zotix posted:

I'm pretty sure I spent more time on PAD in 2013, than any other game in the last 5-6 years.

Pretty sure I got through the entire set of PAD normal dungeons pairing up with your Isis

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Cryohazard posted:

The time reduction only applies to the four races- stonefolk, lizardman, beastman and human. Monster cards are immune, so if you have one in your team, just use that to shunt the others around.

I eventually killed him with lightning stunlocking after other advice in this thread, but this is also good to know. The little mechanics like this give a surprising amount of depth to the game.

Really hope they're intending to support it as it ages past the "download starter" with more descend-type bosses like bahamut, but the whole bluetooth multiplayer/hard reset making stoning pointless angle doesn't give me a lot of hope for longevity.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is there a list of where to farm the drops for the 3rd job on SS characters? Gugba needs to AOE some stuff.

terrabattlex lists materials needed for job evolution and then tells you where to get it ie. Excalibur drops from 18-10 for Gugba but I have no idea how accurate it really is. It's definitely the best resource around right now though.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

xarg posted:

So this is pretty obvious, but I'm rolling with a Lewto and I just pulled an Amina from the tavern. I assume this is goodbye Kuscah, hello anyone who sees me play this game thinks I'm a creeper? There's no point using them both right?

Amina and Kuscah are pretty comparable, Amina will only really start to shine in the very late stages of the game where Kuscah will level up faster and probably be stronger a lot sooner. If you were say, comparing Kuscah and Amimari, then Amimari would be the standout choice since she is both a capable healer as well as doing reasonable damage. Use whoever you personally like the best, all the dudes in the game have a use and can be circumstantially strong.

People have said previously in this thread that Kuscah gets his revive faster than the SS healers but right now with the hard reset making revive completely pointless it shouldn't be a strong factor in your decision, although nobody really knows if/when they will fix it (hopefully soon, because I think it's dumb).

Using them both is a thing and it's definitely handy to have 2 healers on the board in certain situations, but overall the game will be much slower and more of a defensive slog

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

It really doesn't matter since you can switch jobs whenever you like, but it's a generally good idea since you'll likely have three job skills to fit perfectly into three extra job skill slots in job #2, which is super helpful in gaining skill rank

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

New Leaf posted:

So if you saved up 20 energy and hit "4 times in a row", you'd get 4 unique characters.

I don't think this is correct, I spent $30 worth of pulls at once last week and got three Gaigas in the same batch. All three were in the pull announcements and I ended up with a 20% Gaiga

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I'm pretty sure the only way to stop or affect pact of X drops is to have a specific monster at 100% skill rate, which prevents them from dropping anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Another incentive for levelling up a Bahamut (or in my case farming to get my first one) is that 15 stamina for 10 battles is pretty efficient for getting skill levels at the same time.

• Locked thread