Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superschaf
May 20, 2010

This game is pretty cool so far.
I have both an account with Zerro and with A'misandra. Not sure which one I will stick with yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I got Yukken on my Zerro account, so now I'm set.

I really like how the game forces you to think about positioning so soon. Different from PAD where you can just go for clearing a lot orbs mindlessly with most teams on most content.

The different twists on the daily/metal dungeon are nice as well.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I registered the channel #terrabattle on synirc.net. Hop on if you want to chat about Terra Battle.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Thanks. I went with my gut and tried it, rerolled 5 times, didn't get anything good. If there was a "skip tutorial" option I'd keep going, but this is getting tedious. My party wasn't bad before, just full of A's and B's. I still don't have a decent mage, and I scrapped my lovely nameless one to add Bahl to the party. I might regret it later, but I'm fine with it for now. I just got an A-class Swordsman with a self heal, but other than that he doesn't look too interesting. Name is Korin, so someone tell me if I'm wrong. He's going to be benched for more interesting B-classes until I hear otherwise.

EzEight posted:

Rerolling in 3 Minutes or less.

I've tested this and it works but I'm sticking with old fashioned rerolling.
====
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/41kiuvnrx6gjm46/AACmdcdIqH37WIT0vPotDl-Ba?dl=0
Download and unzip the .bin file

1.Connect your phone to your PC or have a file explorer(ES file explorer etc)

2.Enter the game
Name yourself
Proceed with getting Grace/bahl and Kuscah(2 draws)
When brought to the map screen
-STOP-
Exit to your homescreen/kill the app

3.Place the .bin file in the following directory
android/data/com.mistwlkercorp.guardians/files

4.Start the game
You will immediately be brought to you drawing a card(it's fake don't worry)
Now proceed to enter the code and perform 2 draws.
=====
WARNING:
This method does come with a few downsides:
1: you won't have the "Knight" draw as you will skip drawing him.(As far as I know he is a tutorial only card)
2: You will have to play through the tutorial and you should follow everything it says when it comes to setting party members. Since you don't have the knight card you will have to use one of your draw characters . Just follow all tutorial instructions otherwise the game may lock up. After the tutorial it is smooth sailing as far as I know.
3: Do at your own risk.

It also works on iOS using iFunbox, just put the .bin file into Documents instead.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Has anyone had luck running Terra Battle in an android emulator like Bluestacks or similar? I've found some Taiwanese blog posts about it but couldn't get it to run, now I'm wondering if it's even still possible.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Jehuti posted:

Is there a secret to 12-10's boss or is it just telling me to level up more? My guys are around 28 but the boss just counters me and kills my units mext turn. I don't know if I'm missing a gimmick or what.

If you killed the other enemies besides him and he can still kill one of your units in a turn you are under-leveled. Once you get rid of his goons you should be able to simply whittle him down, he flees once his HP gets low.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I got Regenercell from the coin gacha last night before going to bed, just in time to get the 5 energy compensation for the nerf. Pulled twice and got Sheena and Kuscah (finally, didn't get him since I started pre-global release).

RoboCicero posted:

I picked up a Mothbot and it's kind of neat in a niche way. Range 2 paralysis cure when you get it and, at level 15, a 100% activation paralysis status effect in a 5x5 square around it. It makes killing Runners in metal zones really easy, though of course it takes up an XP slot.
Does the paralysis really work on runners?
I got excited when I pulled him from the coin gacha and tried him out today but paralysis didn't affect them even once. The zone description only mentions some of the enemies being vulnerable to sleep.
Did I just get unlucky? Is paralysis less effective compared to sleep?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Each Zone has a different vulnerability for the runners. Zone 1 is paralysis, IIRC.

I was trying it on zone 1 and zone 2 also said sleep iirc.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

So using Mothbot on metal zone 3 is great. Makes papers a lot less annoying.
Now I need a Mech Orbling, anyone know of a good place to farm those? Also is there a petrification/confusion equivalent?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

RoboCicero posted:

I noticed recently that you can get more than one skill-up per dungeon (tracked by seeing two Skill Up notices, and then checking the info on the unit and comparing it to the end screen). Could you conceivably farm one of the levels with respawning units for infinite skill-ups?

It's capped at 0.2% as far as I know.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Lonely Wizard posted:

Row pincer or column pincer are two different spells. Note the name and damage.

Mistranslations. In the English version it always says Pincer Area. The only way to differentiate them is the activation chance.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

IntelligibleChoir posted:

Holy poo poo the boss on 13-8 is the first time I've lost a fight. Is there some trick to stop his dimensional shift bullshit?

Dark attacks cause him to go berserk and shift out his allies. If you don't have that, pay attention to his pattern. It's very easy to follow.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Deep Winter posted:

Bringing Elieen to the first two metal zones feels like a waste of a slot when her sleep misses more often than not. Whatever, I'll need get second job's levitation sooner or later.

Remember that it's a 3x3 area around Eileen and only works on the metal guys. It's guaranteed for the papers though.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

EzEight posted:

Amina is the best healer in game. As an SS she level really slowly tho.

Highest healing power, yes. I think most people would consider Amimari better though since they all heal enough and Amimari has more offensive power.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

.random posted:

At what stage does this really become necessary?

I technically have exactly 10 A+, but most of them are fairly worthless (Palpa, Pahrl, Metupi, Kana... Even Ka'pori, Kem, Manmer, and Djugan are not very impressive as far as I can tell).

I'm at stage 19 thus far and decided to spend some time jobbing people up finally, but to date, I've more or less only used Jennish (admittedly rather broken SS mage), Grace, Kuscah, and then 3 out of Ka'pori, Bahl, Sh'berdan, Ba'gunar, U'nasang or whatever, and very recently Djugan or Bahamut - i.e., a pool of 4 A+'s, 6 B's.

You can easily unlock 10 jobs in a week. It's not a big time sink at all.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Remember to change up your actions on the penultimate floor. If you keep doing the exact same moves, you'll get the exact same seed for the last floor and in turn the same drops.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Tamba posted:

If a character doesn't get XP from a low level Metal Zone, do they still reduce the XP everyone else gets?

Yes, try to field as few units as possible.

BambooEarpick posted:

Edit: I'm starting to get really curious as to what makes items drop. No matter what I do on a stage I always get the same number of items if I S/L it. So item drops are determined as soon as you start the match. Does that mean character placement is a factor in it? Or is it derived from something else? Is it just completely random?

Superschaf posted:

Remember to change up your actions on the penultimate floor. If you keep doing the exact same moves, you'll get the exact same seed for the last floor and in turn the same drops.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

coyo7e posted:

Ugh. What's the use of having a calendar if you can only see the day you're already on? :(

The servers only transmit information for the current day. No way to tell what the schedule will be even a day in advance.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Who wants a job?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Still one of the best pulls in the game. Healers might have the edge in the endgame if Kuscah is no longer given out for free but having an SS mage is worthwhile immediately.

Even once Kuscah is no longer free I'd still say the SS mages are the top pull. Assuming 50% B rate you have a 1 in 15 chance of pulling either Kuscah or Sorman, so starting with them isn't really required. It only really makes sense to reconsider the SS healers once they patch out save scumming.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Don't Ma'curi and S'naip have the highest single target damage potential? They both get physical DMGx 1.5 in their second job.

Yes, behind Camellia.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Jennish 100%
The mages benefit so so much from additional jobs.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Keep in mind that there is a ~50% chance of getting a B rank from a Pact of Truth. There are currently 15 B rank characters, two of which are great healers (Sorman and Kuscah). So you end up with a 1 in 15 chance of getting a great B rank healer. That is not counting the other healers.

So yeah don't feel compelled to reroll for a healer. I started with the generic healer they give out now, and got Kuscah before it became an issue.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

quote:

- Fixed minor bugs.
They also fixed the teleport bug which I wouldn't call so minor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi3MdsdiK58

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I don't care either way. Teleporting was cool and added a new layer of thinking on top, but this will allow you to actually move fast without skipping over units you want moved.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

As for Bahamut Ultra, based on the youtube videos out looks like the adds positioning is tailored for Grace quad debuff on turn 1, just a matter of surviving the damage on the following turn. I think there is already videos of Grace dragonslaying in the similar style to Levi. I imagine Starwhip would work too.

Doesn't work so well unless Bahamut decides to move straight down and not left or right. Otherwise his first attack will toast at least two of your team members. I had to go for two attacks on the enemies in one corner and another pincer on Bahamut, but it was still enough to beat him to a pulp in turn 2, so not a big deal.

I got the Leviathan and Odin 3rd job items earlier. Now I beat Bahamut but sadly no drop. I wish they fixed the S/L abuse and in turn made the bosses a little more lenient. The way it is now if you make a tiny mistake in the first two turns of the boss it's over. After that it gets a lot easier.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Sono posted:

Force close the game on the second to last battle. Copy resume.dat out of the app folder. Resume, beat the level. If you don't get the drop you want, force close and copy resume.dat back into the app folder to restart from the second to last battle. Saves your stam and you don't have to redo most of the level.

(It has to be second to last,since drops are determined when you start the battle.)

This was kinda fixed (though it's still possible with more effort). I was just talking about reopening the app to start the floor over. That's the bigger issue.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Yes, that's what this is about, I hate fun and joy. You nailed it. :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

SweetJahasus posted:

Okay so you'd rather wait another 4 hours for an attempt because the enemies all gang bang your one important character instead of just restarting the floor with S/L? It's not like the game is competitive in any way, so why not keep things that make less tedium.

If you looked up at what I said earlier I don't want them to fix this exploit and leave everything as is. The way the hardest dungeons are right now (Odin, Bahamut, Leviathan) require perfect execution and/or optimal team composition. I haven't anyone seen rave about how enjoyable these dungeons are on their hardest difficulty. Right now you basically keep resetting the floor over and over until you get the start where you don't lose one of your team members or you use some special strategy involving Grace or the Red Starwhip and position yourself in advance.

With S/L the dungeons need to be that hard though or everyone would just breeze through it. If they patch S/L out they can tone those fights down, so it doesn't just become a big "Where does Odin throw my characters this time? I hope it's not the area the other enemy is targeting!"

• Locked thread