Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Sweet, got Amina after maybe 10 rerolls. So is there a friend system like pad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
So uh, what do I spend coin on other than rolling the crappy monster thing? Should I be saving them for the job stuff?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Got strange meat dude from the 2nd roll, thanks for the tip

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Zotix posted:

When does metal 2 become available again? I mean what stage, not time.

After stage 8 I think

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
So my guys are all leveled up to late 20s, and I want to start getting them more jobs, but getting the Ore or tears or whatever doesn't seem to be happening. I got some random bits from missions (am currently on Chapter 11), and thought that Pudding time was the way to go. I have run it about 6 times so far today and haven't gotten a single non ring drop. Is this my best bet? I am running it from Hunting Zone 2, should I be doing Zone 1 instead?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

bathroomrage posted:

You know what really helps? Reading the big-rear end splash screens they put up the first time you go to places so do you don't look like an ignorant dork when you pass up obviously-signposted information. Pudding Time primarily gives you rings, there are different hunting zones based on the day of the week that give you different items. Ore can show up in Pudding Time if you're lucky or get some big chains, but don't count on it.

Whoa there, calm down dude. I understand that Pudding time drops rings, and I was mostly asking about the drop rate of Ore in Zone 2. I just got 1 drop of ore, so I guess it does drop, seems rather rare. Also, you mention big chains, does the length of your chain influence drops?

For those that are further ahead, how did you get the materials to get 2nd jobs for your dudes? Should I just keep running through the story or keep on trucking with pudding time/other dailies?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

milward posted:

I just just reached 13-8 and that is the hardest level so far with a big margin. Time to grind out some more jobs and levels on the team. Second job on my SS is going to suck since I need 6 rare drops from pudding time.

Anyone got any tricks for 13-8 or should I just get a better team?

Supposedly you can hit it with dark attacks and it will freeze up. I need to get some xp on my one dude with that element and hope he doesn't get teleported away I guess

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Qylvaran posted:

So has anyone farmed up a weapon to get an SS to job 3? Supposedly, I need the boss drop from 12-2 for Lewto, and I have the shells and 2/3 animatons. About how many times should I expect to run 12-2?

Also, y'all weren't kidding about 13-8. Those spear guys hit hard, and the boss hits harder. Plus the gimmick, which I don't have ANY dark-element folks to use for. I guess I'll use the same team to run 12-2 and hope for a level or two to make things easier.

I just beat 13-8, having a (edit: dark attack) dude at level 20 made it a heck of a lot easier. I wonder what the next big challenge will be? I now have 2 levitation dudes, so whatever thing needs them in chapter 18 shouldn't be too bad..

Edit: Clarified what dude I had at level 20 (a dark attack guy), the rest of my team was at 30-35

two_step fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 20, 2014

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Qylvaran posted:

Seriously. Lewto and Gatz are getting close to 30 on their second jobs. Hammerpact and Sorman each just got their third skill. Maybe my problem is that I have two sword users on the team, and that's why they can't take a hit.

Hmm...Sorman/Kuscah/Lewto/Hammerpact/Lunato/Bat-thing...Stevie Wonder would be good, since he's bow in his second job, but he's low level right now...

I think I have a plan.

I edited my post. I meant I had one dark attacker at 20 (this guy http://terrabattlex.com/characters/zenzoze) who I leveled up just for that mission.

Don't take sword people at all. They just get one shot if you screw up. Bring a dark attacker, if you don't have one I guess it can be beaten, but it will be a heck of a lot harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Okay so what am I doing wrong on mats for upgrades? I'm pretty good on getting the first two items, the third items in the line aren't showing up for me. I have like 1 of 3 needed for several people. I got the lists from the sites earlier, but there seems to be conflicting information. Do specific bosses drop them, or just any enemy on that map, or are they only from the Hunts?

I just did the Hunting Zone 2 missions a bunch last week and they are a rare drop from there. I didn't spend any energy for stamina, and maybe ran each one like 10 times and managed to get enough bits to give 5 or so people their 2nd job. I wouldn't bother farming for them before you have access to Zone 2 though.

• Locked thread