Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hockey isn't my primary sport, but i feel like if you get outshot 48-16, you're going to lose the hockey game. Good work Avs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

fits posted:

when's curling starting up?

At least we have the Olympics to look forward to this year, right?

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
The Flames were loving awful tonight and still blew out the Oilers in the 3rd period on the second night of a back-to-back. Hilarious.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

TeamJesus posted:

The Flames were loving awful tonight and still blew out the Oilers in the 3rd period on the second night of a back-to-back. Hilarious.

In front of the dynasty team!

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
Scott Cruickshank ‏@CruickshankCH
#Flames win 5-2 -- and an Oilers jersey hits the ice at the buzzer.

The first of the season!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
^^^ edit: yeeeeeeeeeeeesh ^^^

Zurreco posted:

Glendale has an opt out clause if their team hemorrhages too much money in the next season or so (I think its $50m in losses within 5 years and they're already like halfway there). Both the NHL, Glendale, and Seattle recently made it public that had the Glendale vote not gone through, the team would have been shipped to Seattle overnight. That, and Bettman seems keen on not actually following through on his Seattle threats.

I just want a good hockey team near me and the Silvertips + Thunderbirds are cheap WHL substitutes.
Had a feeling this was gonna go back to the Seattle Times / McGinn article.

Current situation: Different mayor (who doesn't care), mostly different city council (who don't care), our newspaper of note is publishing stories of "Key Arena turning a profit without sports tenant t:mad:t eat it sportsball fans!", and still no building. Current climate is most likely expansion or nuthin' for us. :shrug:

Literally, I'm not even kidding, the current mayor came out the next day and said "this isn't a priority for us."

God I hate Mayor Babymouth and still can't believe he won.

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 10, 2014

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

GuavaMoment posted:

At least we have the Olympics to look forward to this year, right?

go barons. season opener vs san antonio saturday!

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Duke Chin posted:

Literally, I'm not even kidding, the current mayor came out the next day and said "this isn't a priority for us."

Quit making GBS threads on my meager demands, man

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Coyotes should definitely move to a real hockey town so they can get treated like the sens or flames

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Zurreco posted:

Quit making GBS threads on my meager demands, man

GIVE ME A HOCKEY TEAM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

hifi posted:

Coyotes should definitely move to a real hockey town so they can get treated like the sens or flames

Minnesota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

It's the coffee, man.

• Locked thread