Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I know it's not the same thing but all my 6030 LEDs from China came in, that I'm putting in my garage. I'm installing 2 strips per 90deg flashing like that YouTube video. Each strip will be 8ft long and wired in parallel.

I bought enough to make 4 8ft segments, I currently have 2, 4 bulb florescent fixtures in the garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
A/C was a dealer option. You can find the underdash stuff for sale every once in a while. I'll try and get a pic of the one in my dad's 240z. That's the only thing I would use.

The other option is there's been a few people that do a vintage air setup. As far as I know, the later 280z underdash a/c stuff will not swap in.

Looks like a true American owned it, going by that stupid carb setup and a cam too big for a stock L24. If you're not planning on making it a drag car, the later r200 rear end can really take some abuse. Hell I've seen cars in the 9s and 10s on it.

What are you going to do to the t5? Does g force still make gear kits for them?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

If he were to build a wangan replica, it should be the one out of the late 80s movie.

Blow through triple webers on a TT'd stroked L series that made around 500hp back in the 80s!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

What mounts are you using? They look universal.

You can run a wiper motor from a newer Honda I think, but you lose the intermittent wipers. The turn signal switches can usually be fixes by tearing them apart, cleaning them with contact cleaner, and repacking the grease.

The fact that they intermittently work, I would check the hazard switch. You can pull it apart and clean it as well. Turn signals do not work with a bad hazard switch as all the power is routed through it.

It's an old cheap car. Most now require a lot of work to keep in "acceptable" levels of working.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Have you checked Motorsport Auto or Black Dragon for the belts? One of the two offers a bolt in retractable belt setup. We have it on my dad's gnose 72.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

kastein posted:

Remember to put "connector buttplugs" (not sure of the proper name, that's just what I call them when I'm not at work, where I just list a part number) in the unpopulated ECU pins, otherwise you'll let water and dirt leak through the hole.

They are supposedly different for each model/series/manufacturer of connector but honestly if it's snug in the connector's gasket/gland rubber, it'll do fine.

I'm pretty sure they're "cavity plugs."

Raluek posted:

How critical is this in non-engine-bay applications? I'm planning on doing basically the same thing, but mounting the ecu on the inside of the firewall behind the glovebox.

Not as critical, just make sure you have a dip in the harness to prevent moisture from wicking up into the interior/ECU.

• Locked thread