Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Buddy's dad, who has the only lift I have readily available in 30+ miles has his (30A 220V) compressor in an old horse tack shed about 15 feet away from the shop. Do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Your garage is awesome, fuzzkill. This thread ought to be full of awesome stuff from now on!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I'd never hesitate to buy a car from the vast majority of AI goons.

I also totally see where fuzzkill is coming from--a family friend is very good at flipping miatas and civics and he would never hesitate to do something like this--sometimes its the only way to make money on a car. That being said, its also not a 5k Miata, its a 20k truck.

Basically it comes down to if fuzzkill does these things to make a side income so that he could, I dunno, "Build a garage to feed his addiction?" Not all of us have the luxury of being able to justify a garage in our back yard without some sort of side income resultant from it. Fuzzkill may be one of those people. What he's doing is certainly not illegal, though the verbiage on "108k" is not as concise as some of us would like, I don't even think you could say its immoral, since, as we have all seen from this thread, fuzz does good work.

Fuzz, I love the thread and I hope everyone disagreeing with you won't cause you to stop posting because your projects are very interesting. I think everyone was just taken aback at what could be perceived as underhanded dealing when you were so meticulous in detailing everything else. I don't think you're in the wrong. I just don't think you're 100% in the right.

e: to meatpimps point about K&N and spark plugs, etc. Guys, step back from the precipice of automotive demagoguery. He's selling a truck. In Florida. To someone who will most likely be saying, "hurrrrr truck, yay!" They don't give a drat about these things like we do. The reason why we're here is that we're all goony and like to sperg about cars. Well, its 99% likely the guy he sells this to will not be a car sperg. Someone like that *might* go, "new spark plugs and K&N, cool." They might not even know what those things are. No one here is going to assert this truck would be unreliable so who cares? Would I put the fact in the ad? Maybe. But if you're trying to flip it to a non-car person, they're going to think about an engine swap and get worried/offer you less money/make it harder to sell/etc.

Perspective, people. :spergin:

SuperDucky fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 14, 2015

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
You bought a suby. In FLORIDA.

Obviously there's nothing wrong with it.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Glad y'all made it through. It gave us plenty enough wind to have a blast sailing on Saturday in Atlanta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Wrar posted:

Correct. Most newer I6 BMW engines have 2 banks.

Hell, everything newer than M50 has 2 banks.

• Locked thread