Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

*Lighting chat*

My shop (40x60x30h) has 13 old t12 two lamp 8' single pin fixtures. (Sounds like too few, but about 20x20 of one corner is framed out office space, and the large roll up doors prevent hanging lighting where they go up. Given that, the current fixture placement seems to make sense.). All the ballasts are bad.

How about this deal on amazon? Works out 60 bucks per fixture (minus one bulb) to go LED with a minimum of work, and their products are pretty highly reviewed, other than needing center support for the 8 footers.

quote:

8FT 40 Watt T8 LED Tube Double-end Power 96W Fluorescent Tube Cool White Color 
Input Voltage (VAC):110-265Vac. CCT :6000K 
CRI:85 
8 FT, 6000K 
FA8 Base 
Double-end Power 
3600Lm, 80W Fluorescent Tube Replacement 
No UV or RF interference 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Bandwagoning the suggestion for a larger spare conduit. It will be worth it.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

kastein posted:

Need to do any engine swaps immediately? Because bobcats are great as engine hoists.

Yeah, but only if the machine has holding valves. Some construction equipment not designed to have man-lift capabilities do not, which is part of why they display many visual warnings not to get under the load.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I've got these, and replaced the motion sensor with a photo eye for dusk to dawn. They are effing bright.

Apparently my neighbors say my house is "lit up like a prison".

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Also interested to know what came apart, especially in a truck that was maintained. I know they are vvt engines, and knowing Toyota, interference.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I love it.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

So, what was the evap doing to cause a too rich condition? I thought the evap solenoid opened once the engine started, and stayed opened until you shut it off? Hell my old tundra would draw the gas tank down to a pretty decent vacuum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Oh MAN if I wasn't jealous before...

• Locked thread