Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Awesome. My garage is roughly the same square footage and I absolutely love it. I wouldn't mind more area but it's honestly more than enough. Mine's basically the same layout, even the doors are similar. The only difference is the back 20' or so of the garage is taken up by a bathroom and office with a loft overtop that has a TV and couch/coffee table. It only extends about 75% of the width of the garage and there's a cutout that runs to the far back wall. I'm thinking I'll try and cram a boat back in there.

One mod I really really want to do though is skylights. Natural light is so nice in a garage. I've got a big "window" made out of those clear cinderblocks but it doesn't quite let in enough light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
That looks like some really nice concrete work

E: Keep it wet

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
You're gonna hate life without AC. Get one of those two-piece units, you can find them for 2-300 bucks.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I have T5s on my aquarium and there's no fuckin way I'd try to light my garage with them. We're spending probably 100 bucks a year on bulbs and that is just for four.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Even if it meant having to buy a new compressor twice as often I'd still rather have mine outside in a shed.

Got to love those quiet 2am wrenching moments when the compressor kicks on and startles the poo poo out of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
100 meters is like 300 feet.

I have regular cat5 run to my garage out back and I have no issues with the gigabit switch back there. 10gig is hundreds/thousands of dollars even now.

• Locked thread