Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

CuddlyZombie posted:

i made that post once on badgame already but gently caress it im making it again

the pedophiles on there were probably busting up over that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Seshoho Cian posted:

please don't talk about Gamergate

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

AE-35 Unit posted:

toad can pick stuff up really fast

i always valued toad for this

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
toad's limited jumping ability may seem like a handicap, but whenever the situation calls for precise timed jumps, such as when running a gauntlet of albatrosses on an icy bridge or fighting the crab monster "clawglip," its revealed as an asset. very poignant

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
designing good platforming levels for 4 or 5 different walk/run/jump speeds/heights is probably really hard

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

toad is a caricature of a castrated subaltern serving the europeanized royalty of the mushroom kingdom. i dont like toad anymore. gently caress that guy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

swamp waste posted:

toad is a caricature of a castrated subaltern serving the europeanized royalty of the mushroom kingdom. i dont like toad anymore. gently caress that guy

good thing captain toad isnt toad

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

swamp waste posted:

I thought the toads were supposed to be Arabs because the mushrooms looked like Turbans and they wore the same clothes that Aladdin did in the Disney movie.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

CuddlyZombie posted:

Captain Toad visits the Saigyou Ayakashi. Bloom nobly, cherry blossoms!

i'd kill for a toad/touhou crossover

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

swamp waste posted:

he is a mushroom man from the mushroom kingdom. there is no racist subtext

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

its clear that in the mushroom kingdom toads are valued less than italians but more than turtles or ghosts

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

CuddlyZombie posted:

i made that post once on badgame already but gently caress it im making it again

It was gay then, and it's gay now. You're a Fag, Cuddly Brown.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The Bayonetta 2 thread that got stickied has become a pissing contest about "who can do the best LP of a videogame that nobody is going to play".

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Bayonetta 2 thread that got stickied has become a pissing contest about "who can do the best LP of a videogame that nobody is going to play".

You snide little rear end in a top hat. Go eat poo poo.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

What the gently caress does that even have to do with Toad.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

conceitedguy posted:

What the gently caress does that even have to do with Toad.

Well we're talking about games that nobody is going to play here, Toad looks like it's ripe for LP superstardom.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Well we're talking about games that nobody is going to play here, Toad looks like it's ripe for LP superstardom.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
*dons sun glasses and pushes crowd aside*

Excuse me Clerk of Gamestop store I would like to purchase this game not because of quality or personal enjoyment but how many youtube clicks it will get me.

Yes that's right "I" film myself while playing videogames.

Ohoho a real job I should get you say? Why would I lower myself to your level employee of gamestop.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 11, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAINT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAPURRRRR!

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

chip cheezum obviously, i don't even see why this is even a question

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAINT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAPURRRRR!

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

*dons sun glasses and pushes crowd aside*

Excuse me Clerk of Gamestop store I would like to purchase this game not because of quality or personal enjoyment but how many youtube clicks it will get me.

Yes that's right "I" film myself while playing videogames.

Ohoho a real job I should get you say? Why would I lower myself to your level employee of gamestop.

You're not funny or even really particularly obnoxious. I don't get it. I s this the best 'troll' this shitheap can produce? gently caress!

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

conceitedguy posted:

You're not funny or even really particularly obnoxious. I don't get it. I s this the best 'troll' this shitheap can produce? gently caress!

Wormskull is our highest ranking imp zone troll i think

or maybe PewDiePie

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dexters Secret posted:

Wormskull is our highest ranking imp zone troll i think

or maybe PewDiePie

You wouldn't know a good troll if it caved your retarded skull in with a tire iron.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You wouldn't know a good troll if it caved your retarded skull in with a tire iron.

look i'm sorry but i just don't think its your strong suit

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
toad owns

game's gonna own

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
toad is a cutie patootie

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Cap'n Toad's Baller rear end Adventure

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Toad King posted:

toad owns

game's gonna own

im gonna have to trust you on this

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Dexters Secret posted:

look i'm sorry but i just don't think its your strong suit

You're going to wake up tomorrow with a rubber horse mask in your bed.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Do you ever wonder if Mario eats any of the toads since he eats mushrooms to power up which is what Toads are.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

dude NWS that poo poo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I don't want to meet any joyless fucker who could hate Captain Toad, Toadette, Toad, Blue OR Yellow Toad in real life because they are probably just really terrible unpleasant people to be around

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don't want to meet any joyless fucker who could hate Captain Toad, Toadette, Toad, Blue OR Yellow Toad in real life because they are probably just really terrible unpleasant people to be around

n-no.. not you too fangio...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

codenameFANGIO posted:

I prefer my disposable 3rd and 4th player characters to be Viking Princesses tbqh...

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

my toad racism has ruined my life

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dexters Secret posted:

n-no.. not you too fangio...

I'm sorry but I just can't get behind you on this :negative:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Honestly how could you even accept Blue and Yellow Toad as 3rd and 4th player characters when Wario and Waluigi exist?

Have you no standards/shame?

I mean the toads are just a step below Daisy and Daisy is like a billion levels below Waluigi.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Toad

Speed: ♦♦♦♦ - Jump: ♦ - Power: ♦♦♦♦
He may look like a pipsqueak, but Toad is powerpacked and ready for action. He's happy. He's loyal. And he's a helpful member of the team in a pinch. The Princess' retainer, Toad is the wost jumper, but he is not hindered in the least by the weight of items as he scampers along. Pile enemies on his back. Stack vegetables on his head, and this little guy will still play to win. He is the strongest and fastest character, but he jumps like a broken pogo stick. Talk about a weed-eater, this guy can really mow a lawn. He's your man if you want to collect lots of coins; you'll see he's got a heart of gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Honestly how could you even accept Blue and Yellow Toad as 3rd and 4th player characters when Wario and Waluigi exist?

Have you no standards/shame?

waluigi is garbage

• Locked thread