Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OOC thread

Prologue: The Call to Adventure

Gressenheller University
London, England
October 10, 1:00 PM GMT

You find yourself on the grounds of Gressenheller University, one of the most prestigious institutions for higher education in all of England. Usually, you would see a crowd of students going to and from class, but as the midterm break has started, many of them have gone home for the week. However, you're not here for classes right now. You have a different purpose here. Right now, you're heading to the History department.

Gressenheller University
Layton School of History

The interior of the department building feels like the inside of a castle, befitting the university's classic image. This is where you are now, sitting outside of the head professor's office with four others. These must be your partners on this expedition. You should get to know them.

Dramatis Personae

Victoria Mallory (LurksWithWolves)
Clara Torres (Kerzoro)
Dr. Lowthian Wei Yau (Comrade Gorbash)
Lachlan Willsbury (K Prime)
Charlie Lin (Mors Rattus)

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Dr. Lowthian Wei Yau

Dr. Yau is perched in a chair near the door, having too much energy to be properly sitting and slightly annoyed at having to wait outside. She's certainly the junior doctorate on this expedition, but still!

She sighs and adjusts her glasses, considering the other members of the group. The Mallory girl she recognizes - well, maybe she'll only be useless as opposed to an active impediment. The two boys are more promising. Not to mention - no, that would be inappropriate. Focus. She doesn't know Torres at all, but at least she looks excited.

<<How many of you can understand Mandarin?>> she asks, in that dialect, though with a noticeable Cantonese accent. She's gotten enough training that she can speak Mandarin without an accent, but old instincts tell her to keep that little fact a secret for now.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Concept: Espionage Archaeologist
Science: Working Construction of the Past
Intrigue: Off Her Majesty's Secret Service
Action: Queen of Talking Hands
Omega: Miss Congeniality

Skills:
pre:
		Science (+3)		 Intrigue (+2)		 Action (+1)
Superb (+5)	Archaeology,
		Notice
Great (+4)			
Good (+3)	Other Sciences,		Athletics, Burglary,	Combat
		Will			Contacts, Stealth
Fair (+2)				Deceive
Average (+1)							Physique, Provoke,
								Vehicles
Improvements: Specialized Archaeology, Combat. Focused Burglary, Contacts, Stealth.

Stunts:

Babylon-on-Thames: +2 to create advantages with Contacts when you have access to former SIS colleagues, even if just by phone.

Cross Disciplinary: During brainstorms, you gain a bonus to Science skill rolls to establish a fact or hypothesis equal to the number of different Science skills you've used on previous rolls.

Eternal Springtime: +2 to Combat when fighting unarmed.

Experimental Archaeology: When using an ancient device spend a fate point to operate it using Archaeology instead of whatever other skill would normally apply until the end of the scene.

Reinvention: +2 to Archaeology when inventing. When you create an invention with at least one mega-stunt, you can ignore one of its catches as long as the invention is based on a historical piece of technology (ie. at least 100 years old).

(Total benefits: 5 - 5 = 0 fate points to the GM’s reserve.)

Stress
Physical OOOO
Mental OOO

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Charlie Lin

Charlie is leaning with his back against a wall, completely at home in the hallowed halls of Gressenheller. He is less at home in chairs. Most of them are too small.

<<I speak it.>> Charlie's accent is a mix of British and Cantonese, but it's understandable. <<Better with Cantonese - I have family in Hong Kong - but still. And I can read Chinese fluently - both simplified and traditional, plus most historical scripts.>> What do you expect from a historian who likes to read from primary sources?

The students could've been better in some cases, but at least they look they can handle hard labor. ...well, mostly. Mallory might have to be forced to get her hands dirty in the ruins, but Willsbury and Torres, probably not. (And from what he's heard, Willsbury is probably a better speaker than him in Mandarin.) Lowthian he's actually heard of before - both as Miss Hong Kong and for her work in their shared field of Chinese history. That's good. Might need to spar with her, too, even if he prefers more modern styles.

quote:

Concept: World's Strongest Historian
Charlie is a gigantic mass of muscle and historical knowledge. He's quite possibly one of the most toned scholars in the world, and easily the strongest person working for the British Museum. Plus, he's a great historian!
Invoke: Feats of strength and historical knowledge!
Compel: "Oops, I didn't meant to break that."

Action: Do You Even Lift?
Invoke: Break things, feats of strength, hit someone really hard.
Compel: Become the obvious target, get into a contest of strength.

Historian: Classically Educated And Proud Of It
Invoke: Knowledge of all kinds! Be cultured and erudite!
Compel: Get mad over people assuming he's a musclehead, get into arguments over the classics.

Banter: Have You Read My Book?
Invoke: Fame, recognition and everything that goes with it.
Compel: Fame, recognition and everything that goes with it.

Omega: Subtle Like A Brick
Invoke: To bull through problems.
Compel: To bull into problems.

pre:
	Action (+3)		Historian (+2)		Banter (+1)
+5:	Physique
+4:	Notice, Provoke,	History
	Combat
+3:	Athletics, Vehicles	Will
+2:				Other Sciences		Contacts, Rapport
+1:							Deceive, Empathy
Stunts
Steel Fist: Weapon: 2 when unarmed.
Steal Fist: Use Combat in place of Burglary to grab weapons or artifacts from other people.
I Did My Homework: +2 to overcoming with History as long as Charlie's had time to look up the people or places involved.
Signature Aspect: World's Strongest Historian
Just A Big Guy: +2 to Deceive when pretending to be stupid.

Stress
Physical: ()()()()
Mental: ()()()

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Victoria Mallory

For her part, Victoria is standing in the corner, her back turned to her new teammates. She isn't trying to be anti-social, mind you. This is just the only part of the room that can get any cell reception.

"Morgan, I told you about this a week ago. I'm going on a dig, I can't go to your party. Wha-No, I can't just skip. I'll be halfway to Hong Kong by the time the bars open. Yes I know it's your birthday, you'll have another one next year, I'll go then. Hugs and kisses." She rolls her eyes as she ends the call. Her friends can be such idiots some times.

"Hmm? Well, I suppose you could say that I've dabbled in Mandarin. Not as good as you, mind, but I can manage." Of course, the fact that she answered in English says more about Victoria's fluency than she ever could, but she's seen the way Dr Yau looks at her. What's the point in trying to please someone who's already written you off? Then again, Mr Lin's book is half of the reason she's here in the first place and Lachlan is quite frankly a beautiful specimen of manhood, to put it bluntly, so maybe she should try a bit harder for her first impression.

Nah, no need to put in the extra effort. She's already stunning enough as it is.

quote:

Alpha: Haughty Investor’s Daughter
Dilettante: Only The Finest Thrills
Intrigue: Proactive Collector
Banter: Old Money Speaks Loudest
Omega: The Next Great Something

pre:
		Dilettante (+3) 	Intrigue (+2)		Banter (+1)
Superb  (+5)	Contacts 

Great   (+4)	Athletics               

Good    (+3)	Combat, Physique	Deceive
		Vehicles, Antiquities				
Fair    (+2)				Burglary, Notice,
					Stealth
Average (+1)							Empathy, Provoke,
                                                                Rapport, Will
5 points to spend

Antiquities: Create an Advantage by knowing a useful historic fact about relics, Overcome by applying a useful historic fact about relics. It’s basically a Science skill, what more do I need to say?

Stunts
-“One Time, In Milan…”: Once per scene, spend a Fate point and choose a skill. You gain +1 to that skill for the rest of the scene to a maximum of Fantastic(+6) as long as you tell everyone about how you have definitely done this before.
-Golden Smile: +1 to overcome or create an advantage with Rapport when showing off your obvious wealth.
-Signature Aspect: Old Money Speaks Loudest
-Two stunt slots to be filled in-game

Physical: [][][][][]
Mental: [][]

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 11, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Lachlan Willsbury

<<我不会说中文>> jokes Lachlan, leaning back in his chair. His Mandarin is nearly flawless, with just a touch of an English accent leaking in, along with the nasal harshness of the Beijing accent. He's leaning back in a chair front and center in the room, completely comfortable in the central position. The chair creaks a little under his weight.

<<No Cantonese, though...>>

He looks at Dr. Yau, curiously, swapping back to English. "You look familiar for some reason... were you on TV once or something?"

quote:

Concept: A True Sportsman
Action: PLAY BALL!
Science: Devoted to the Word Game
Banter: Cunning Linguist
Omega: An Ancient Chinese Dark Secret

pre:
                Action (+3) 	        Science (+2)		Banter (+1)
Superb  (+5)	Athletics(3) 

Great   (+4)	Provoke, Notice      Linguistics(3), Will      
		Physique (1)
Good    (+3)	Combat
			  Vehicles	
Fair    (+2)				Science               Empathy(1), Rapport(1) 

Average (+1)						     Contacts, Deceive, 

Stunt
The Importance of Body Language: As long as he can relate it to sports metaphors in a sport both people know, Lachlan can have a conversation with anybody.

If You Can Catch a Ball: Lachlan is immune to projectile weapons as long as he's aware of them.

The Pose: Lachlan may use Physique in place of Rapport or Deceive as long as the target finds him attractive.

Star QB: Objects thrown by Lachlan never miss their target.

Secret Dork: Lachlan may swap any Science sub specialty and Athletics once per scene by revealing his incredibly nerdy reason for knowing it. This lasts as long as someone who cares is witnessing his shame.

Stress
Physical: [][][][]
Mental: [][][]

K Prime fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 11, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Dr. Lowthian Wei Yau

Dr. Yau sighs and rubs the bridge of her nose. "Yes, I was. It was quite some time ago." She eyes Lachlan. "Did you have a question about that?"

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 14, 2014

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Clara Torres

Clara has been all but bouncing on her chair. So thrilling! A trip to China! Who know what kinda stories they would find there?

And her companions! She honestly didn't know most of them too well, although she was certain she had seen Mallory and Willsbury around. They were more or less impossible to miss.

At Dr. Yau's question she sits up, sowly trying to decipher what she said... and it all clicks to place when Mallory finally speaks! "Oh! <I speak...> ... um... <... small>" She frowns, clearly knowing it's not the right word, and she continues in english. "... Enough to ask for simple directions?" She takes out her cellphone. "I did get a dictionary to help! ... It's really hard to use though."

quote:

Concept: Enthusiastic Student!
Clara has always thought that archeology was pretty neat! It must be in the blood, really. She can spout off some interesting trivia and actually has a small collection of various items, courtesy of her dad. She does tend to lose interest in most other topics that aren't related to her interests, however, and as a student she lacks plenty of knowledge on several matters.
Invoke: I think I read about this for class...
Compel: Thaaaat went over my head.

Omega: The Occult Is Pretty Awesome
While she is an archeology student, Clara believes in ghosts, thinks magic is possible, and absolutely loves all things of the occult persuasion. She cannot help but keep bringing stuff like that up if the opportunity arises.
Invoke: Esoteric knowledge ahoy! Encyclopedia of creepy tales.
Compel: Inappropriate time and place! Oh man I totally bet there are ghosts here!

Action: Rollerblade Or Die
Clara's most prized possessions are a set of inline skates. They have seen some pretty heavy use, but they are also well maintained and in good shape. Frankly speaking, Clara feels more comfortable with wheels on her feet than just walking. On the other hand she is VERY good with those.
Invoke: Tony Hawking it up! Ridiculous sense of balance.
Compel: Some places are not made for skating. Would still like to use the skates anyway!

Science: Youthful Ingenuity
Clara is still young and has a bright, fresh perspective on things! She can come up with some out-of-the-box solutions with relative ease! ... Of course, they may not be entirely GOOD solutions...
Invoke: Lateral Thinking. Cheating is also a solution!
Compel: Psh, leave it to me! - Whoops!

Banter: It's Family Business!
Clara's dad was an archeologist, so she knows a few things about the trade from his stories. More importantly, he was a man of some renown, and his name still carries some weight even after his death... for good or for ill.
Invoke: Yes, I am his daughter! Ah, my dad told me about this place once...
Compel: Some people didn't really like him...

Modes:
Good - ACTION
Fair - SCIENCE
Average - BANTER

Skills:

pre:
		Action (+3) 	        Science (+2)		Banter (+1)
Superb  (+5)    Athletics, Notice 	 

Great   (+4)	Physique, Provoke	Science (Archeology)           

Good    (+3)	Combat, Vehicles	Will

Fair    (+2)				"Science" (Paranormal)
Average (+1)			                                Contacts, Deceive, 
                                                                Empathy, Rapport
Specialize from trained: ATHLETICS
Specialize from trained: SCIENCE (Archeology)
Focus from trained: PHYSIQUE
Specialize from focused: NOTICE

Stunts
1) Signature Aspect: Rollerblade or Die.
2) Personal Hardware: Inline Skates +2 to Athletics when running
3) I can do this all day!: The girl can run forever. +2 to overcome endurance actions with Physique
4) TBA
5) TBA

Stress:
Physical [][][][]
Mental [][][]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

As you talk amongst yourselves, the office door opens and this proper man pokes out.

Professor Archibald Lucas
Aspects: Head of the Gressenheller History Department, Adventure Into Tenure

"You may enter now," Professor Lucas curtly and very Britishly says before sliding back into his office.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Clara

At the very british statement, Clara promptly hops to her feet, picking up her bag from the floor. Two large rollerblades hang to the pack, and they clatter as they are lifted. She promptly slips into his office and... well, rubbernecks more or less shamelessly. What DOES a professor like him have in his office?

She does, however, greet him properly. "Good afternoon, Professor Lucas!"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Victoria

Victoria smiles to herself and slips her phone back into her coat pocket. Finally, this expedition can get started. Well, the final preparations for the expedition can begin, but that's still better than more waiting.

"Hello, Professor. Are you ready to go?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Dr. Lowthian Wei Yau

Dr. Yau is more than happy to escape the prior line of discussion, and follows Victoria and Clara into the office. "Professor," she says by way of greeting. She glances down at his desk, the usual check to see what books or primary sources or other materials he's pulled out to get a bead what his current focus is on.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Lachlan

Lachlan drops the subject, though the look in his eye says he'll bring it up later.

"Good afternoon, Professor! I want to thank you again for this opportunit-ow!"

As he walks in, Lachlan bump his head on the doorframe. "Bloody college doors!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

On Professor Lucas' desk are several books written in Chinese and a map of China. There are a couple chairs, but not enough for everyone to take a seat. The good professor takes his seat behind his desk and pushes a few things aside.

"Good afternoon, Torres, Mallory, Lin, Willsbury, Doctor. Pardon the mess, I've just been doing preparations. You all know that I've called you here for an expedition over the break. I should probably tell you what the aim of this excursion is. Tell me, have you all heard of Qin Shi Huang and the burning of books?"

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Clara Torres

Clara thinks. She is certain she hasn't had a class regarding that subject matter, but she is just as certain that she has heard or read the name Qin Shi Huang somewhere. Then it hits her.

"He was a Chinese Emperor. THE first Chinese Emperor, if I'm not mistaken! He's also known for the Terracota Army and the Great Wall. The book burning was... I think it was his attempt to remove conflicting practices during his rule. It was a pretty big loss of knowledge."

quote:

Rolling Science (archeology)
<Kerzoro> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> Kerzoro, -++++4 = 6

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Professor smiles. "Very good, Torres. Yes, the burning of the books was a loss of ancient knowledge only exceeded by the burning of the Library of Alexandria. However, some new ruins have been found in southern China that may point to a lost library of sorts, a...stash of information that Qin Shi kept before burning the rest. This may be big, and it's enough for me to get involved myself."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Charlie

"Surviving books from the Burning?" Charlie's face lights up. "I wouldn't miss this for anything. How did you even find out about this? That's thousands of years old and no one's heard of it before now."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"I've got an assistant in China right now, a graduate student. She'll be assisting you should you choose to go. There were some rumblings in the archaeological community about some new finds, so I sent her over to investigate. Some scrolls in a previously unknown temple pointed to a certain area as having a treasure trove of knowledge."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Lachlan

"I know a lot of books survived buried in wells and the like, but a library worth?" Lachlan raises his eyebrows. "That could be... that would be literally priceless."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Exactly. This has the community on fire. There are people who would take this knowledge and use it for their own purposes. I wish to prevent that from happening."

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Clara

Clara gives the professor a big ol' grin. "Then that's where we are going? I'm VERY much in, Professor!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Dr. Lowthian Wei Yau

"It would be the find of the millennium." Dr. Yau takes one of the chairs if no one else is, pulling out her tablet and checking some things. She looks up at the Professor. "How, exactly, does the government there view our expedition?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Charlie

"...yeah, I can see the government being a problem here." Charlie shakes his head. "They're not really, you know, the most sharing of people."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"The Chinese government does not officially know of our intentions to access the lost library. It's not the most legal thing in the world, but sometimes you have to break the rules for the sake of progress. I'd be careful either way."

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Victoria

"It's like my father always says. If there's no risk, it's not worth doing."

"So, when do we set off?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Dr. Lowthian Wei Yau

"I know I have a British passport so there's a bit of irony in my saying this - but the plan is to make certain this discovery isn't hidden by the PRC, and not to loot the cultural heritage of another country, right?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"What kind of archaeologist do you take me for, Dr. Yau? The distribution of knowledge is my top priority. Although I can't say the same for any other researchers who might be there."

The professor stands up and heads to the door of his office.

"Very well, then. It sounds like you're all on board for this. You'll set off towards Kunming in two days. I wish you all good luck."

The professor dismisses you from his office to prepare for the trip. What awaits you in those forgotten corners of Chinese history? Those lands...

Unmapped Theme

Prologue End.

The first post of chapter 1 will be coming this weekend. If you want to interact outside the office or on the day before the trip, feel free to do so.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Chapter 1

Kunming, Yunnan Province

A couple days later, you find yourself in Kunming, the largest city in the Yunnan province of southwest China. Professor Lucas told you to wait for his assistant in the Old Kunming Quarter, which is where you are right now. Even in this older part of the city, there is a hustle and a bustle all around you. Were it not for the hanzi on the street signs and the murmuring of Mandarin around you, you might as well mistake this city for an American city. You wait for about twenty minutes before a decidedly non-Chinese woman approaches you.

"Ah, there you are! You must be the Professor's team." She speaks with a clear American accent as she pulls out her phone to relay a message to the professor.

Madison Fairview
Aspects: Graduate Student TA, Yankee Doodle Dandy

"I'm Madison Fairview, and I'm Professor Lucas' assistant. Nice to meet you!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Dr. Lowthian Wei Yau

Dr. Yau adjusts her collection of bags to try and free a hand. She's actually traveling pretty light, considering, but gear adds up quickly on an expedition. At least it's still only as much as she can manage on her own, if with difficulty. After moment she gives up and puts down one of her bags, and holds out a hand to shake.

"Dr Lowthian We Yau, it's a pleasure to meet you. Any chance our lodgings are close by?"

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Clara

Clara put on her skates the moment they stepped off the plane, and has been rolling along ever since. She brought everything she needed in an oversized backpack, and has distracted herself taking quick snapshots of the city with her phone, before the lady approached them.

"Ah! Hello Ms. Fairwood, pleased to meet you! Clara Torres!"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Victoria

Victoria is decidedly unimpressed with Kunming. Yes, yes, Chinese signs, Chinese people, it must be very interesting if you haven't traveled before. But she has, so she's not really seeing anything here that she hasn't seen a dozen times over. Fortunately, it looks like the professor's assistant finally found them. Maybe now they can get something done.

"Victoria Mallory. You've probably heard of my father."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Charlie

"Hey, Maddie." Charlie's worked with the History department before - he knows the people there. His work at the British Museum means he's helping them with papers relatively often, and they're often helping him find things in the college archives. He has, before her arrival, spent his time getting a quick snack (mmm, meat buns) and reading. "Nice to see you again. How's that thesis coming?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Lachlan

"Nice to meet you, Madison." Lachlan smiles at her. "Anything I can do to help you out right now? Lift some luggage or something? All that sitting on the plane has got me stiff, I need to move."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Pleasure, Dr. Yau. It's actually, FairVIEW, Miss Torres, but pleasure to meet you too. Of course, I spent my freshman year living in Mallory Hall, Miss Mallory. Good to see you again, Chuck. This is pretty much my thesis right now. I'm fine right now, Mr. Footballer, but if you want, you can help the others unpack when we get to the hotel."

After making her piece with everyone, Madison puts away her phone, brushes off her jacket, and smiles. "Alright, you're all probably worn out and jet lagged from the trip, so we're going to make our way to the hotel and rest a bit before we set off tomorrow. The hotel's not far from here, and I'll go over our plans over dinner." She turns on her heels and leads the way to the hotel.

Liánhuā Hotel
Aspects: Mid-sized Hotel, Base of Operations

The Liánhuā Hotel is a medium-sized hotel at the end of the Old Kunming Quarter. It's definitely not a stock photo and it's also kinda hard to type, so let's just call it the Lotus after this. They're not first-class accommodations, but you suppose keeping a low profile and budget is important for a trip like this. Madison hands you the keys to your rooms in the lobby. "Alright, I'll give you a little time to get unpacked and decompressed. There's no rush, just meet me here in the lobby by dinner, alright?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Dr. Lowthian Wei Yau

Dr. Yau thanks Madison for the key and makes a beeline for her room. She mostly just dumps her bags there, though she does take a moment to exchange the sweatshirt she wore for the trip for a nice sweater. After that she goes right back down to the lobby to wait for the others. She pulls out her phone and sends some texts to let people know she's arrived safely, and checking the news.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Clara

Clara makes a mental note about Madison's last name (whoops).

Once at the hotel room, she pretty much flumps down on her bed. "Maaan... and I thought getting to London was a long trip..."

To her credit, she does not doze off, electing to unpack her stuff after a few minutes of laying down.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Victoria

Victoria is decidedly unimpressed by her hotel room. Now, she understands that the price is a factor here, but is this really what they decided to go with? The view's dull at best, the lights are dingy and to call the sheets threadbare would be generous. She has half a mind to book a hotel room herself... Then again, one night in a mediocre hotel won't kill her. Probably. As long as she doesn't spend too much time in here.

Maybe she should just head down to the lobby now. It looked better than this room, if nothing else.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Lachlan

Lachlan is almost immediately found back in the lobby anyway. <Do you have any larger beds?> he pesters the clerk. <My feet are hanging off of mine.>

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And let's just assume that we've all met back up. Madison lays a photo of some temple ruins out on the table.

"These ruins have been found a couple hours outside the city. Now, an initial investigation has found not only that these ruins go deeper than one would think, but also fragments of scrolls in some of the rooms. Professor Lucas believes that if this isn't the lost library, it might at least point us in the right direction. I've hired a local guide who will meet up with us tomorrow morning and take us to this ruin. Then, we're gonna make our way as deep into them as we can, until we've found what we're looking for. Now, we probably won't be alone in the ruins, so we'll have to be discreet about what we're looking for. Any questions so far?"

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Clara

Clara has been munching on a candy bar as she looks at the photos, studying them carefully. Her first real archeological adventure! She could BOUNCE right off her skin if it were possible.

"Yes! Um... have we learned anything about the first few levels of this place then? Any statues, particular symbols on the wall, burial chambers...?" Her eyes practically shine. "Traps?"

Somebody is waaay too excited about the idea of there being traps in an old ruin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Lachlan

"Traps would be ridiculous," scoffs Lachlan. "Even if they were once there, they've all probably decayed to uselessness over the millenia." He smiles, though. "Of course, if they were somehow still functional... that would be interesting in itself, yes?"

• Locked thread