Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

Steve2911 posted:

This just in Lugar hates scruffy computer types.

And quality products.

Explains a lot about Amstrad.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

My husband just told me suga doesn't get paid for the apprentice and the 250k is his own money. Is this true?

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Nick's combover is getting really obvious these days.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

According to a quick and maybe unreliable Google, he donates his fee to Great Ormond Street Childrens Hospital.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
AHEM

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Cough!!!

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
It's time.

:rolldice:

Edit: :tviv:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

SNAKEY MAAAHHHHKKK

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

God damnit.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Boooooring, yet another seo company, safe and boring.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

So we know now that Nick left because Suralan ignored him and chose Mark :smith:

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
was lugah really ever going to back someone who isn't white?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He's such a product man and it was such a huge risk that the last three winners were service industries.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
The hot tub always wins.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Devol_Tettran posted:

The hot tub always wins.

Wingon
May 7, 2007

LETS GO DRINK DRUNK
I was expecting Bianca, but Mark slithered into the big pile of cash in the end.

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
Alright Paperhouse, time to start dealing the dirt

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
This is the first year I can remember that YF/YH hasn't included the usual lineup of ex-Radio 1 DJs from the late 90s-early 2000s.

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently there's a Nick tribute later in the show

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

was lugah really ever going to back someone who isn't white?

Ehh this guy won the show.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

sweek0 posted:

Ehh this guy won the show.

And look how uncomfortable Sugar is...

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Professor Grumpy posted:

This ;)

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
I've said it before, but Nick still has that really difficult dayjob of staring at Rachel Riley's arse to look forward to.

16/18 on the online series test.

Devol_Tettran fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 22, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Professor Grumpy posted:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm not surprised Mark won. After all, his whole episode was basically "yeah your market research basically says exactly what I already know and have planned for my business" while Bianca's was like "Oh, you mean 35 GBP for a pair of tights is too much?" and just a whole bunch of really, really basic poo poo that should have already been nailed down (like a colour scheme for the packaging that doesn't make it look like a supermarket brand) that was done completely wrong.

Like, her idea was good and all, but it's almost like she just wrote down the idea and did absolutely nothing else for her business idea in terms of research or planning before applying for the show.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
was a shite series of this programme imo. probably won't watch again tbh :(

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Ugh, seriously.

Solomon (Paperhouse) is selling selfies on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Official-Signed-Solomon-Akhtar-Photo-/321623593654

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
The highlights bit really showed some classic Apprentice cast, Paul Torisi what an absolute legend. Season 1 was the best wasnt it?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

*508 VIEWS PER HOUR*

3 Sold

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

:stare:

quote:

Official personalised Solomon Akhtar signed Photo Cards (6x4") AND sprayed with my favourite aftershave! 100 Exclusively Available.

The photos are Postcard size and each photo will be personally signed, sprayed, and scented and sent by me! Each photo will include your name and a cheeky message from Solly

I think that they should end/rejig the series next year, the format now is next to pointless.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

HookShot posted:

I'm not surprised Mark won. After all, his whole episode was basically "yeah your market research basically says exactly what I already know and have planned for my business" while Bianca's was like "Oh, you mean 35 GBP for a pair of tights is too much?" and just a whole bunch of really, really basic poo poo that should have already been nailed down (like a colour scheme for the packaging that doesn't make it look like a supermarket brand) that was done completely wrong.

Like, her idea was good and all, but it's almost like she just wrote down the idea and did absolutely nothing else for her business idea in terms of research or planning before applying for the show.

There are reports that she nicked the idea, which seems pretty possible considering she had absolutely no idea what she was doing with it.

She was a dud candidate and would have been eliminated earlier if it wasn't for her business idea. A 35 GBP price that can instantly be slashed to 24., and then to 20. She clearly had no idea about margins or costs. She stuck with the "luxury" idea even after being told by everyone that this was a terrible idea. It made the episode so anticlimactic, despite the editing it was really clear Mark won.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Turns out that Climbonline.co.uk/.com have been registered for ages by climbing blogs.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Wait... Solomon is a goon?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Maybe clim-bonline.com is available...

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Robnoxious posted:

Wait... Solomon is a goon?

Apparently Paperhouse *MIGHT* be but so far we haven't had any real confirmation....

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My sources have a rate of 100% :colbert:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

My sources have a rate of 100% :colbert:

They keep notebooks full of vital information for when its needed

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Let's see the proof Taff.

This is the Iraq 45 minute dossier of the thread. We need to know if it's been sexed up for parliament or not.

(That's possibly the most Mark from Peep Show thing I've ever written)

Devol_Tettran fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 23, 2014

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Not much I can say that hasn't already been said, poor finale. I hope it's true Bianca nicked her idea because she seemed to know gently caress all about it. I've come up with pie in the sky ideas that had more research than hers, it was a shambles. Considering Mark seemed to know every inch of his business and only had to nail the branding/USP aspect, she didn't seem very aware given it was her field of expertise.

Even if she was on the ball, someone did a breakdown on another forum that showed that Mark had the best chance of making a profit. To run an SEO company he can pay a couple of tech guys salary, it doesn't matter where they are located so can save money by running it out of somewhere like Belfast etc.

Meanwhile Bianca would've needed all of her stock manufacturing before having to buy or rent warehouses, which then would need staff to manage them and security, never mind sales staff... She'd need to flog a lot more tights to pay one staff member's salary than Mark would contracts.

As we know she was only in the final because her plan was relevant to the market she wanted to enter (by which I mean some industry luvvie had told Suralun it was a good idea), which saved her from earlier elimination despite being wank at negotiation on numerous tasks (exclusivity on the board game, telling that group of people they were desperate on the coach trip).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rondette posted:

I think that they should end/rejig the series next year, the format now is next to pointless.

Yes it should be more like Exam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkdt2Sygew0

• Locked thread