Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

The Big Taff Man posted:

Im starting to loving hate Scott. I really like Solomon tho.

Maybe you should select him for your next winner and he'll be gone by next week.

Nevermind, he's gone :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Got to be Scott to go?

FAKEOUT

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
awh he didn't headbutt anyone :( he looked like he was 2 seconds away from it at one point

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Scott looks like he's on the verge of nutting somebody, he seems kind of aggressive and jugs his chin our a lot. Glad the twats gone.

Edit - great minds Gorki!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I need to add "Comes in and pretends everyone else was fired but only one dude was fired and the other person was hiding all along!" to the card...

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

gorki posted:

awh he didn't headbutt anyone :( he looked like he was 2 seconds away from it at one point

Suralan accused him of hiding away, that's something he takes very fuckin seriously.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I'm relieved that I had prepared this and I didnt have to post it

quote:

The Big Taff Man posted:

My favourites from the video - Pamela, Roisin, Daniel, Scott.

BUT I'm picking Chiles as my winner.

And Chiles went home week 1 and I pointed out that really I wanted Daniel to win but then he went home this week

If you look at this I didnt really like Daniel, Scott or Chiles because I said this

The Big Taff Man posted:

No one picks a woman to win, which is interesting because stats say a woman will win this season.

so clearly I was thinking Pamela or Roisin will win this season. Probably Roisin. Shes brilliant.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
MIXING THE TEAMS MIXING THE TEAMS

Wingon
May 7, 2007

LETS GO DRINK DRUNK
Oh yeah. Next time looks like a fun task of stuff going all manner of wrong. Can't wait.

Good night, everyone!

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
I hope this whole season is nothing but back to back failures.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

RedLobster posted:

Seriously. I want this to be the season of no silver linings. Just abject failures one after another.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

RedLobster posted:

The best business minds who want to end up on every third rate reality tv show going.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Love the "your fired" special effects.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So the whole '20 minutes to get ready and leave' thing is bollocks, right? They never look nearly unwashed enough for that.

Also Solomon is Tom 2.0, so he sadly can't win by default even though he's probably pretty good at the product side of things. L'ugar is once again proving himself to be a stupid oval office by thinking an online background is enough reason to lead a novelty fashion task.

And there was never any hope that they'd be able to do more than some awful looking LEDs. Why does the BBC insist on roping in these poor prototype manufacturers to pump this poo poo out?

stev fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 15, 2014

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Cunning Plan posted:

I'd not heard of firebox before, but christ they sell some poo poo.

Whhaaaaaat? They've been our emergency gimmicky Christmas present site for a decade.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
this guy is what would happen if Frankie Boyle knocked up Jack Whitehall and left him to raise the kid :gonk:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Daniel is really growing on me already which means he'll be out by week 4. Solomon is still my favourite so he'll go next week probably. The team with Sarah in will win every week until the interviews.

Nurun is rubbish at pitching and many other things. Roisin and the other one, the nose lady, entirely too sensible for this show. Lauren? Mark talks too much but I think he's quite on the ball.

Loved the Robert instakill. Made my night. Thanks Sralun.

Can't believe none of you lot commented on the sudden appearance of "Solly" :3:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I was really shocked to see Scott in the apprentice because I never knew he seen himself as a possible candidate.

He dj's Wednesday and Friday nights in the local poo poo nightclub that holds about 200 people.

I knew he done something medical but not to the extent where he'd apply and get on the apprentice.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

Haggis Heed posted:

I was really shocked to see Scott in the apprentice because I never knew he seen himself as a possible candidate.

He dj's Wednesday and Friday nights in the local poo poo nightclub that holds about 200 people.

I knew he done something medical but not to the extent where he'd apply and get on the apprentice.

awh :3: i'm imagining the pub in Still Game

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
"Privacy Is History" gently caress me. I can't remember the last time I heard something so stupid come out of an ostensibly intelligent person's mouth. Kill him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Paperhouse posted:

"Privacy Is History" gently caress me. I can't remember the last time I heard something so stupid come out of an ostensibly intelligent person's mouth. Kill him

Why didn't you take the task, Paperhouse? You would have wrecked that poo poo.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The change from job offer to investment still bothers me. Somewhere in the 17 remaining candidates there's the one business plan that Lord Sugar actually thinks is a good idea. Everything else is just killing time until we find out what it is. I'd rather watch these people bake than utterly fail at being able to buy, sell, negotiate or communicate.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

The change from job offer to investment still bothers me. Somewhere in the 17 remaining candidates there's the one business plan that Lord Sugar actually thinks is a good idea. Everything else is just killing time until we find out what it is. I'd rather watch these people bake than utterly fail at being able to buy, sell, negotiate or communicate.

Yeah this annoys me, imo Tom would have never won if he didnt have the business plan. Im pretty sure he coasted it doing nothing special, and just had a good plan.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Well if previous years are any indication, the actual business plan doesn't mean anything. Didn't Tom originally have a design for an ergonomic chair and ended up expanding his nail file range?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The Big Taff Man posted:

Yeah this annoys me, imo Tom would have never won if he didnt have the business plan. Im pretty sure he coasted it doing nothing special, and just had a good plan.

Also all the same old unwritten rules: you must have two teams, you can't use the internet, you cant use the fact that you're on the apprentice within your task.

It's just feeling tired now.

And the stuff about selling. They never used to focus on individual tallies of sales figures like they do now, and it's just to spark off some drama.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Szmitten posted:

Whhaaaaaat? They've been our emergency gimmicky Christmas present site for a decade.

How many stress mushrooms have you bought

http://www.firebox.com/product/6711/Stress-Mushrooms

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Aishan posted:

Well if previous years are any indication, the actual business plan doesn't mean anything. Didn't Tom originally have a design for an ergonomic chair and ended up expanding his nail file range?

Well yeah, and Sugar knew that from the start. It's a 12 week Dragons den pitch.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Also all the same old unwritten rules: you must have two teams, you can't use the internet, you cant use the fact that you're on the apprentice within your task.

It's just feeling tired now.

And the stuff about selling. They never used to focus on individual tallies of sales figures like they do now, and it's just to spark off some drama.

Literally the only users of the Yellow pages since 2006, it's irritating as hell. Yes, they're driving all over London on highly unoptimized routes because no-one worth a poo poo has an advert in the yellow pages and you have to run at what you can find; this is your decision yet you will blame the contestants for "not planning".

It's 2014 now and if they don't have some means for people to do a logical directory search instead of wondering back streets asking people if they know where top hats are sold, then that's very poor form.

Cunning Plan
Apr 15, 2003
Yeah, I wish they'd at least acknowledge the constraints they put on them. Although then how would we be able to feel smug and superior as they run around in chaos :ohdear:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Would people honestly rather see someone using Google maps to specifically pin point the business/place they are looking for, than seeing 6 men run around back alleys with a bucket full of sponges, like in Tuesday's episode?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Haggis Heed posted:

Would people honestly rather see someone using Google maps to specifically pin point the business/place they are looking for, than seeing 6 men run around back alleys with a bucket full of sponges, like in Tuesday's episode?

If they cut out the silly headless-chicken running about act, they would have more businesses to try to sell some yellow dusters to for £250, which is better TV.

More reactions shots to "Our message is, privacy is dead".

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Come ooooon, give in to the tat.

http://www.firebox.com/product/6735/Horse-Head-Squirrel-Feeder

(But mainly lighters, multitools and army knives, heat/cold retaining cups)

Wingon
May 7, 2007

LETS GO DRINK DRUNK

Szmitten posted:

Come ooooon, give in to the tat.

They've even got a little something something for the people in this thread.

http://www.firebox.com/product/6521/Katie-Hopkins-Talking-Head

Cunning Plan
Apr 15, 2003

Haggis Heed posted:

God no. But at least make it clear what the rules are!

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Firebox already has two products that do what the girls did but better:

http://www.firebox.com/product/6776/Clutch-Boost-Purse
http://www.firebox.com/product/6301/Mighty-Purse

Because you might want to wash your filthy techno-wankery jumper/coat.

Also, I'm glad Robert got what came to him for being a pretentious rear end in a top hat.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

pippy posted:

Also, I'm glad Robert got what came to him for being a pretentious rear end in a top hat.

His reasoning for not leading the task was basically 'I don't want to lead any task that isn't high end luxury fashion, ever'.

Did he really think they'd do a task about selling [I can't name any high end clothing brands or products]? They're lucky the BBC/Lugar even pays for their accomodation.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

Steve2911 posted:

His reasoning for not leading the task was basically 'I don't want to lead any task that isn't high end luxury fashion, ever'.

Did he really think they'd do a task about selling [I can't name any high end clothing brands or products]? They're lucky the BBC/Lugar even pays for their accomodation.

sergio georgini :smug:

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

There has never been a good business plan. They must be picked in large part for drama generation potential at the interview episode. When they engineer the biggest poo poo talker with the most poo poo plan getting all the way to the penultimate ep then it is tv golddust. When they luck out and someone decent falls into the show then they get kicked out in the early weeks for any reason.

I hate-watch this show so hard.

twoot fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 16, 2014

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Steve2911 posted:

Looks like you are an unsophisticated troll who doesn't know the difference between your boring mass manufactured high street fashion and my luxury bespoke fashion. It's totally different!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Glad the show is back and so is Nick! :swoon:
I hope he drops many gold Nickisms this season.

Chiles was a complete cock-up and deserved first boot.
Whoever was PM on the women's team better check her privilege and quit acting like a priss who's so above it all.

edit: Oh, it was a twofer episode this week...

Robert was a complete prat that bunnied the obvious clue from Surallin that he needed to PM this task but didn't yet continued to act like he was throughout the wearable tech task.

Scott was trying to hide in plain sight while being PM. That never flies.

I do like that the show is quickly cutting the wheat from the chaff right out of the gate.
The women best take note because the axe will be swinging their way next in a bit of fairness and the fact that there are some weak players over there.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 17, 2014

• Locked thread