Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Also all the same old unwritten rules: you must have two teams, you can't use the internet, you cant use the fact that you're on the apprentice within your task.

It's just feeling tired now.

And the stuff about selling. They never used to focus on individual tallies of sales figures like they do now, and it's just to spark off some drama.

Literally the only users of the Yellow pages since 2006, it's irritating as hell. Yes, they're driving all over London on highly unoptimized routes because no-one worth a poo poo has an advert in the yellow pages and you have to run at what you can find; this is your decision yet you will blame the contestants for "not planning".

It's 2014 now and if they don't have some means for people to do a logical directory search instead of wondering back streets asking people if they know where top hats are sold, then that's very poor form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Haggis Heed posted:

Would people honestly rather see someone using Google maps to specifically pin point the business/place they are looking for, than seeing 6 men run around back alleys with a bucket full of sponges, like in Tuesday's episode?

If they cut out the silly headless-chicken running about act, they would have more businesses to try to sell some yellow dusters to for £250, which is better TV.

More reactions shots to "Our message is, privacy is dead".

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Robnoxious posted:

Chiles was a complete cock-up and deserved first boot.
Whoever was PM on the women's team better check her privilege and quit acting like a priss who's so above it all.
"I am the project manager, I manage the whole project"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If I watch it with other people I can generally laugh about it. If I am watching alone, there's more and more points where I have to put my head in my hands and try to seek some comfort in it.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's struggling a bit with the extra people, there have been a few who haven't even been name-checked in the episode.

Here was a nice 'whatshisorhername does nothing in the background whilst the main personalities clash' shot that got a little closer to the absurd than usual.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The editing in this series is weird as hell. I watched it with three other people, and all four of us genuinely didn't recognize Pamela as a contestant at all, which is bizarre after week one. Then the camera finds her every 5 seconds for a go-to reaction shot of something, all episode.

Maybe she does something next week that's of some importance and needed us to know who she is. :iiam:

Is "That's not my [arbitrarily defined and highly specific] area" a bingo space already? Because god drat are they leaning on it hard this season as an excuse.

Some great ones this season:

"Yes, I produce videos, but I don't upload them"

"Nuren I thought you would be good at selling because your business is as a market stall owner, and this was selling off a market stall"
"Yes but that's in Peterborough, this is in London"

There's a couple more that slip my mind.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Sure editing can achieve a lot, and if you try to be objective you can see the show runners essentially create the narrative completely in editing, but if you point a camera at someone doing a pitch and they're all over the place, that's a pretty reasonable representation of what happened.

Unless the room was on fire or something and they just cut around it, then there's not much explanation as to why Apprentice candidates feel a pitch is 5% facts you cribbed in the car, 5% buzzwords you can remember from CISCO adverts, and 90% yelling. make that 100% yelling as candidates always strive to give 110%.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

Tom was rubbish Ive no clue why he was a goon favourite, he only won because Shugs wanted to get on the stylefile

"So imagine the situation: Something has gone wrong, and you need an emergency biscuit"
*holds up biscuit with a red cross on it*

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

Bit of a strange task, since all that mattered was the price they decided on and how many tickets they sold. All that effort that one woman put into her tour guide skills meant poo poo, whilst the other team could get away with all that cringe-worthy singing on the bus patronising crap.

This kind of task really needs a system similar to that BnB show, Five in a Bed. The customers could have been asked at the end how much they're actually willing to pay for their experience and the difference between that and what the team charged is subtracted/added to their total profit.

What annoys me, is that in similar tasks they take this into account. These tasks definitely need lrdsugar to pick a subjective winner based on quality of service and costs.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

pippy posted:

Disrupting the lawyer-client relationship. :getin:

Seriously though that's a poo poo idea. "[Current thing] but with an app" is a lazy way to generate terrible business ideas. Probably would get VC funding anyway because of app fever.

"With an app" is 2014's* "with a computer".

* - should be from 2011 but apprentice candidates are a bit slow.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

PASSION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz2-49q6DOI

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"I really liked the passion"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I think we're gearing up for lurdugar to just tell James to go gently caress himself regardless of any victory.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"let's not dwell on my bad decisions and my endless lying" -- James

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"Borderline unacceptable"

Roisin has the patience of several saints known for their patience.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

HOW ARE THEY NOT PUNCHING JAMES

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This is going to be amazing.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Poor Katie :(

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Felipe playing rules lawyer pretty hard. Wonder if this is what makes lurdugar mad?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"Lord Sugar looks like the kind of man who wants a business partner who cuts corners" -- Felipe.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Can they not use the tube? Stratford isn't a long connection at all.

e: "Street price" Oud

Khablam fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 3, 2014

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

RIP Felipe, Lurdugar hates lawyers

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Just when you're wondering "Can Dan go any lower?" he pulls out the heavy earth movers.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"Anatomical" presumably means "anatomically correct" which a skeleton with flat bones and an angular skull isn't.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The show needs an "all stars" series so we can see Mark and Jedi Jim trying to outsell one another. I'm not sure even Jim could bag a £50 diamond, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

gorki posted:

Did anyone watch the thing about the remaining contestants last night? The Final Five? :psylon:

They've done it the last couple of years, and I always make that association too.

• Locked thread