Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

lesbian baphomet posted:

most of the surprise is at the fact that they charged fully $40 for it on release and it was getting tons of marketing push from steam or whoever, and has hardly ever gone on any good sale

normally that only happens to AAA stuff that is obviously afraid to allow big sales, or from bad corporate euro developers who are just used to charging a lot for trash piles

well the preorder gave you good poo poo too so they had that over what you described

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zen death robot posted:

OP literally started off with "no i do not want to play smash bro on tiny 3ds" and you two just had to post this retarded poo poo, what the hell
i was not being sincere

other dude might have been though

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Dexters Secret posted:

there have been lots of good games to come out of kickstarter, and lots of bad ones.

There are zero good Kickstarter games so far.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i legitimately hated the 3DS classic myself, but the 3DS XL fits my hands better, but mostly joking yes

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Ragg posted:

There are zero good Kickstarter games so far.

FTL, Divinity, Shadowrun Returns, Tabletop Simulator (well it's something that lets you play games but it's really good), Broken Age, and Banner Saga were all on Kickstarter

hopefully Elite: Dangerous becomes good at some point because it's a really cool foundation but there's not a lot to do in it yet

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

broken age and shadowrun are questionable

you missed shovel knight

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

broken age and shadowrun are questionable

you missed shovel knight

I liked both, though the whole part 1/part 2 thing with broken age is kind of lovely

i had no idea shovel knight was kickstartered, that's cool

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you dont want to smash on your 3ds get theatrhythm for it. don't neglect your 3ds

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Wasteland 2

I kinda like Outland which came out on Steam a couple of weeks ago, but it's a PC port of a three years old console game, so not really current.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

play Mordor Kewpuh, its drat loving good.

ya i started playing it today i was having some bad fps issues but that because i think my 680 can handle ultra settings well apparently it cant lol oh well. game is good though even though i have no literal idea what the hell even happened or why my dude is hanging out with a ghost because the beginning isnt very clear on this

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Dexters Secret posted:

FTL, Divinity, Shadowrun Returns, Tabletop Simulator (well it's something that lets you play games but it's really good), Broken Age, and Banner Saga were all on Kickstarter

hopefully Elite: Dangerous becomes good at some point because it's a really cool foundation but there's not a lot to do in it yet

Those games aren't any good.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kewpuh posted:

ya i started playing it today i was having some bad fps issues but that because i think my 680 can handle ultra settings well apparently it cant lol oh well. game is good though even though i have no literal idea what the hell even happened or why my dude is hanging out with a ghost because the beginning isnt very clear on this

the story doesn't matter haha but the old rear end ghost is the real hero of the game imo

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Ragg posted:

Those games aren't any good.

you seem kinda like a fake gamer to me ragg

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

the story doesn't matter haha but the old rear end ghost is the real hero of the game imo

The ghost is insanely cool.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Dexters Secret posted:

He's entitled to his opinions, which aren't bad opinions.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
you should buy Ryse, it's an epic roman brawler

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

you should buy Ryse, it's an epic roman brawler

You shouldn't post.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Silver Striker posted:

You shouldn't post.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Put off the story in mordor for a long time because the powers that the story gives you actually hurt the game a little bit. like the shadow-dash-kill is good once you've already explored everything on the map and just want to get around faster, but before that it makes the fights way easier than they should be

and especially delay the story once you get to Nurn because having brand changes the whole game and makes the world be less full of roaming surprise bossfights

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the naruto game on sale atm is p fun, anime as poo poo tho and not in a cool way

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

the naruto game on sale atm is p fun, anime as poo poo tho and not in a cool way

"anime as poo poo tho and not in a cool way"

Sounds like a good recommendation from guy with pedophile avatar.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

You shouldn't post.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Silver Striker posted:

You shouldn't post.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
DOOM 2.
Super Mario Bros. 3.
Pong.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i'm playing Sleeping Dogs right now and it's a good video game.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Should I finally buy shovel knight or keep waiting for a sale

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

memy posted:

Should I finally buy shovel knight or keep waiting for a sale

if you didnt care enough when it released then keep waiting, it will definitely cost basically nothing in some humble bundle at some point soon, if it hasnt already

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Payday 2 will probably be having a sale in like a week and be cheap as hell if you have some good gamer friends to heist with

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

lesbian baphomet posted:

if you didnt care enough when it released then keep waiting, it will definitely cost basically nothing in some humble bundle at some point soon, if it hasnt already

Well it was more for me being cheap than apathetic, but i see your point, thanks

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I only play bad games with good friends.

Dec 26, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

i liked banner saga and it had some cool ideas but i would be hard pressed to call it genuinely good

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fellis posted:

Payday 2 will probably be having a sale in like a week and be cheap as hell if you have some good gamer friends to heist with

aww hell yeah everyone get this

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Kewpah you can be a fat ginyu in this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKgU26GDeZk

And it is multiplayer

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
life is feudal is bad but people get really mad when you cave their skull in with a pitchfork on an rp server (theyre all rp servers)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Super Time Force Ultra is like contramegamanprinceofpersia in a single player co-op game

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

the hero is goku no THE HERO IS YOUUUUU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Heavy Bullets has really good sound design and one of the most common enemy types is an imp.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
there currently are no good games, sorrry

take oolder games and mod them

also, anyone that hasnt donee so yet should play STALKER: Lost Alpha. while its sometimes a bit rough around the edges (the first car you get in the mmain story is absolute poo poo thats impossible to drive - ditch it for a jeep), i found it to be quite enjoyable, if only to revisit the zone with nice(r) graphics and a bigger, more detailed gameworld (my jaw literally dropped when i discovered that theres a giant underground tunnel complex below cordon for example)

also:

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Dexters Secret posted:

I'm a discerning gamer, I don't play any old trash that comes out. FTL is all right but it's too repetitive and simple for my tastes, Divinity Original Sin has a horrible story and writing, the rock paper scissors conversation system is stupid, walking around the town makes me want to kill myself, the wilderness exploration and combat is all right but it needs better indication for what environmental effects are gonna trigger and such. Broken Age is half of a mediocre adventure game, Banner Saga i just played the tactics thing but it was meh. Kickstarter and indie gaming has really let me down, here's hoping Pillars of Eternity blows away the competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
And I recommended a new game that is decent: Alien Isolation.

• Locked thread