Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

eu4 and ck2 have expansions coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Pix the Cat is pretty fun, its basically just pacman + snake, but the presentation is really top-notch. also its multiplayer mode is a pretty neat battle-snake thing

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Trackmania 2 Valley is top-notch.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671768

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Don't you only like Darklands?

He likes playing Fallout New Vegas and warping around the world with the console instead of honorably walking everywhere.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

conceitedguy posted:

He likes playing Fallout New Vegas and warping around the world with the console instead of honorably walking everywhere.

True.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

conceitedguy posted:

Wtf....

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Walking around Vegas running back and forth between quest givbers is really annoying.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg is a taste friend of the family.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ragg is a taste friend of the family.

O_o

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Ragg posted:

Walking around Vegas running back and forth between quest givbers is really annoying.

summon the quest givers to you, forcing them to live in an unfamiliar place for trying to make you waste your time and effort

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg doesn;t even like games. His mind is so addled by the tedium-reward aspect of MMOs that any aspect of a game that is not making numbers go up causes his fragile brain to reject it completely.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
I am really enjoying Crypt of the Necrodancer. If the rhythm game part isn't your bag there's a character that just turns the game into a normal rogue like with a rockin soundtrack. I haven't seen any other roguelikes lately with the puzzle-y feel of enemies all moving in set patterns.

I also like Lethal League. It's like Windjammers came out on Steam

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ragg doesn;t even like games. His mind is so addled by the tedium-reward aspect of MMOs that any aspect of a game that is not making numbers go up causes his fragile brain to reject it completely.

I just beat Alien Isolation and had a good time actually. Another troll destroyed with facts.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
the new LOTR is worth torrenting.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
im still playing Diablo3. i really like it. might follow up with titan quest or van helsing. im in a real ARPG mood as of late

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

VideoGames posted:

im still playing Diablo3. i really like it. might follow up with titan quest or van helsing. im in a real ARPG mood as of late

Have you tried Path of Exile. Its like diablo 3 but not poo poo.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

VideoGames posted:

that's a trippy avatar

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

vermeul posted:

poe is trash kill urself

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

koolkal posted:

poe is trash kill urself

This is the afterlife bro. Snap out of it

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

vermeul posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

vermeul posted:

i have, but i did not enjoy it.
i really wanted to though, i love the idea of decent free to play games that dont paywall any of the actual gameplay.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

OkieMurse posted:

I am really enjoying Crypt of the Necrodancer. If the rhythm game part isn't your bag there's a character that just turns the game into a normal rogue like with a rockin soundtrack.

that mode is the dumbest poo poo though. without the rhythm aspect its just a fisher price babby's first video game. necrodancer only works because it forces you to make an otherwise extremely simple decision once every half second or so. game isnt even really about timing at all, which it's incredibly lenient with. it's about forcing you to constantly act

game does rock though. i just wish the rest of the music was anywhere near as good as the amazing 1-1 track

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Vargs posted:

that mode is the dumbest poo poo though. without the rhythm aspect its just a fisher price babby's first video game. necrodancer only works because it forces you to make an otherwise extremely simple decision once every half second or so. game isnt even really about timing at all, which it's incredibly lenient with. it's about forcing you to constantly act

game does rock though. i just wish the rest of the music was anywhere near as good as the amazing 1-1 track

Yeah, but it's nice that they included it as an option for those who want to play babby's first roguelike.

I play with the default character.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
alien isolation is okay i guess

i wish bayonetta 2 would hurry up and come out already

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

Kewpuh posted:

alien isolation is okay i guess

i wish bayonetta 2 would hurry up and come out already

Much like the semen, that will "come" out, of my dick, whilst playing it... ;)

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

minecraft on the ipad is a p good time if you want to just chill out

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
i finished styx master of shadows yesterday and i really like it, especially the level design and mmain character. its not a AAA game, but its polished and looks good enough for the ~25 eurobucks i paid. controls took a bit getting used to but it plays perfectly fine w/ m+kb. they also already released a patch fixing issues w/ edge detection and some other stuff ppl were complaining about.

if you liked old school stealth games like tenchu you should give it a try, being a stealth goblin owns.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Das Butterbrot posted:

i finished styx master of shadows yesterday and i really like it, especially the level design and mmain character. its not a AAA game, but its polished and looks good enough for the ~25 eurobucks i paid. controls took a bit getting used to but it plays perfectly fine w/ m+kb. they also already released a patch fixing issues w/ edge detection and some other stuff ppl were complaining about.

if you liked old school stealth games like tenchu you should give it a try, being a stealth goblin owns.

Does everyone say gently caress all the time like in Of Orcs And Men? Because that was pretty funny about that game, although it was kinda bad otherwise.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
the guards say some pretty dumb stuff though i found it adds to the cheesy charm of the game

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

vermeul posted:

This. People are losing their poo poo over this game and Alien Isolation, acting like it's the prophecy come true and our lord and savior Jesus Videogames Christ is upon us. Tired of this poo poo. They're not, they're just allright if you want an Orc-flavored rear end Creed and Amnesia with Alien setpieces. Reminds me of the reactions to Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite, both mediocre or perhaps good games, but were hailed as legendary awesum epix!!!!!111 TRUE GAMERS MESSIAHS, which they were not.

also OP if you've been playing diablos 3 like a madman then you are beyond the redemption good games can give you

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Bolverkur posted:

This. People are losing their poo poo over this game and Alien Isolation, acting like it's the prophecy come true and our lord and savior Jesus Videogames Christ is upon us. Tired of this poo poo. They're not, they're just allright if you want an Orc-flavored rear end Creed and Amnesia with Alien setpieces. Reminds me of the reactions to Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite, both mediocre or perhaps good games, but were hailed as legendary awesum epix!!!!!111 TRUE GAMERS MESSIAHS, which they were not.

also OP if you've been playing diablos 3 like a madman then you are beyond the redemption good games can give you

my barb died and i havent played it since because all the other classes are crap and i dont feel like spending an hour getting powerleveled

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Bolverkur posted:

mordor game is dumb fun, skyrim and infinite are just dumb

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

yeah I dunno what I was thinking throwing that "perhaps good" in there

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

there are people who have been playing skyrim for years and i just cant fanthom what the hell is going on in their trash brains

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

babypolis posted:

there are people who have been playing skyrim for years and i just cant fanthom what the hell is going on in their trash brains

several thousand gigabytes of anime rape mods

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Kewpuh posted:

my barb died and i havent played it since because all the other classes are crap and i dont feel like spending an hour getting powerleveled

Play realm of the mad god

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Play realm of the mad god

Actually, dont

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Play Barkley - Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU