Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Now, I know gently caress all about James Bond but CoD-ification is something that'd probably happen if the movies were shot today too. It's a sign of the age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Actually watching the video, it's kinda funny that literally the first name you see when you start the game is "Albert R. Broccoli". Screw 007, there's a superhero name.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

My question for this game is "How did Bond find a silencer for his shotgun?"
The most baffling 007 gadget of them all. I don't think I've ever seen that in a game.
Except, perhaps, for the Bond-proof glass that lets bullets through without breaking.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 12, 2014

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, so that's where all the cat-petting-world-overtaking jokes come from.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 25, 2014

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Quiet Python posted:

Neil Connery's character kinda feels like he was designed by the creator of Axe Cop. "So, he's a doctor. And a hypnotist. And a martial artist. And a crack shot. And a ladies man. And a master of disguise. And a..."
To be fair the same could be said of 007. I think I recall reading somewhere that the Bond novels were essentially a power fantasy of the clerkish and rather incompetent spy Fleming was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Ah, now we're actually getting into the 007 movies I remember seeing, if only for how ridiculously stupid the bad guy's endgame plan was. It did have a cool car chase, though; game's guaranteed to gently caress that up - the whole ice palace level would lend itself really nicely to a Hitman-ish blend and explore stealth experience but no, we got an FPS stealth section.

edit: Let's face it, the best Bond game is now and forever No One Lives Forever. I'm just reminded of it with the whole "why would anyone be a mook for a villain" chat; IIRC it had a few explanations for that one.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 16, 2014

• Locked thread