Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Strewth mate! Chuck another shrimp on the barbie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's ok, everyone. I know you're all still hurt that we threw you out of our country. Try learning not to be criminals :britain:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The main thing I want for anyone playing my game is to have fun. However, a significant proportion of the mafia community do not find playing games with you fun Harold, so I'm not accepting your signup.

:toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
G'day mate! How's them dingos doing?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

What if day one was just a popularity contest and we lynched everyone's favorite poster?

I'm too pretty to die :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Magnus Gallant posted:

##vote Magnus gallant

Stop voting yourself! Stop voting yourself!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tithin posted:

There's not been any damned posts in 24 hours. Where in the nine hells is everyone?

It was Saturday

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm around now, I was busy this weekend with my birthday. tithin is reading scummy to me but that might just be how he naturally plays. I just got out of a game where I was scum and he was easy to set up as a lynch target so I'm not too trusting of my gut read. I'll have more to say after I sober up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##vote Opopanax

It is a ~*GUT READ*~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

Let's just kill a lurker gently caress 'em

Scum posting itt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I thought you were all being dumb in lynching Somber as I read along but it turns out I'm an idiot.

I'll have more to say tomorrow but I just had a 9-course meal and I am literally (ie. figuratively) dead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hang on I just saw MMM do this trick.

##vote Magnus

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yes he is ya drongo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Realtalk guys, do any of you actually watch Neighbours?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why do scum always make bullshit claims? Why?

##vote tithin

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tearshed posted:

What makes you think it's bullshit.

1) It's a small game

2) Town roleblocker is a rare role at the best of times

3) The community's had a heavy push for simple games since Fanfiction ended so I think it's even more unlikely we've got unusual PRs in this game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

busb posted:

There's nothing that unusual about a town roleblocker, especially if town has no doc. This is the second game in a row you've said stuff like this rarity i don't even :|

I've played a decent number of games now and I think I've seen it 2-3 times and never in a small game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
tithin, why did you roleblock Ras when you made zero indication on D1 you thought he was scummy?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

busb posted:

hi rarity who do you think are the scums today?

Hi bubsb, the guys I've voted for. How about you?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

busb posted:

the people who i said this page we should lynch omg tea party time!!

Screw tea, let's get wasted

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tithin posted:

Hi Rarity,

Needed to roleblock someone and no one was standing out.

But earlier you said you "thought he might be scum". Why?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Taking a look over Somber and tithin again, they both voted for busb on D1 and then swiftly moved their vote away from him. And then there's this reasoning from DHD:

DuckHuntDog posted:

I think sitting and letting a no-lynch happen, particularly when the one on the chopping block was scum, is enough of a red flag to make it worth hoping for some cred by hammering a teammate.

tithin was looking suspicious as hell by the end. With scum getting their butts kicked so much I think the last one would want that town cred bad.

##vote busb

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is this the bit where you fakeclaim doctor? :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

busb posted:

Naw you just seem petrified of me in this game. I'm a happy-go-lucky scamp but i am town. beliebe.

What? This is the first time I've mentioned you. Please show quotes where I'm petrified of you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No, I'm basing a case based on the content that scum have generated and the facts of the voting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

##vote tearshed

Why do you think that was a scummy move?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

busb posted:

Then i am confirmed town, rascyc gaoled me last night as my action failed.

Why does that confirm you as town?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

it failed because you were jailed, and therefore couldn't have performed the night kill. But how do I know you were jailed?

Ah that makes sense, but yes Quid is right.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hmmm. ##unvote for now. I'm guessing VTs wouldn't know if they were gaoled so wouldn't be able to counterclaim?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

Based on my night action, I don't think there's a guarantee you were jailed.

HMMMMMMM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Deadline's tonight?

##vote busb

I'm going to take Quid's word on this and stick to my suspicions.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

That was a really bad lynch and I am sorry that my softclaim caused that. I don't know how that happened.

Your softclaim had very little to do with my vote.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

Anyone have any thoughts? Game is dead?

I have a day off tomorrow so I'll be doing reads of everyone left alive then.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
bowmore:

He's only communicated by votes so it's hard to get a read on him this game. Even by his normal lurking standards, he's really quiet. But having played with him as scum I know he doesn't necessarily go extra quiet when he is scum. The only thing that worries me is having him in a 3-man LYLO because if he doesn't post any actual thoughts to read it'll make it really tough.

DHD:

His reads have been consistent throughout the game but he's only really talked about a couple of people. Do you have any thoughts on the rest of us DHD?

Quidnose:

Quid's had a solid lock on catching scum so far. He was on tithin early in D1 and hammered Somber after blowing apart his fakeclaim. However, he wasn't involved in the tithin lynch on D2 and the rest could well be distancing/town cred.

The conversation between bubs and Quidnose on D3 doesn't make sense to me based on what we now know. If busb was gaoled then he should have known his investigation on Quid didn't succeed. He also should have known that him investigating Quid would have no bearing on the success of Quid's night action.

Quidnose posted:

Based on my night action, I don't think there's a guarantee you were jailed.

Quid, is it possible to explain what you mean by this without claiming?

tearshed:

His contributions are all fairly meaningless. He was absent from the Somber lynch on D1 and then on D2:

tearshed posted:

##vote tithin I guess

tearshed posted:

##unvote nvm not feeling it. He's a power role.

He unvotes for tithin after 2 minutes. Considering scum were already a man down on D2, this looks like a desperate attempt to distance while hoping for a no-lynch. The only other post that kicks up flags with me is when he said he's happiest to play solo as scum because of Terminator. So I went back and had a look at that game and it doesn't really jive because on the final day he completely gave up and didn't even bother posting more than 3 times, the last one offering to hammer himself.

So right now my suspicions are going tearshed > Quid > bowmore > DHD, though I'm open to hearing what people have to say.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait, is it seriously deadline day already?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DuckHuntDog posted:

What do you think about mass claiming?

With the lack of participation today I doubt we'll have everyone here before deadline. I'm a worthless VT though so I don't mind claiming now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shouldn't that mean bubsbs's investigation would have hit DHD instead?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No wait I just checked the mafia wiki, that's not how hiders work. I'm a derp.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I guess everyone's said everything they're gonna say

##vote tearshed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have to get to bed now but I feel solid with my vote where it is.

• Locked thread