Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Australia Day. The public holiday everyone looks forward to all year. Sunshine. Barbeque’s crackling. A dip in the pool. Too many tinnies. Some backyard cricket. Fireworks in the evening.

Except not this year. Something un-Australian casts a shadow over the day. Can you figure it out and save this most iconic of holidays?

This is a game of mafia for 17 players. New players are especially welcome.

If there are too many sign-ups (ha ha) then players will be chosen in this order: Aussies -> Canadians -> Everyone else -> New Zealanders.

THE RULES:
DON’T LURK.
No editing your posts.
No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
Don't post your role PM or any other communication from the mod.
Don't post after hammers or daykills.
Don't fake day actions.
Don’t do anything not in the spirit of the game.

Days will typically last 48-72 hours at the start, getting shorter towards the end of the game.
This game is majority lynch. If the town is unable to come to a conclusion, and deadline arrives, there will be NO LYNCH.

Vote like this: ##Vote Playername. Unvote like this: ##unvote

1. bowmore
  2. busb
  3. DuckHuntDog
  4. Magnus Gallant
  5. Opopanax
  6. Quidnose
  7. Rarity
  8. Rascyc
  9. Somberbrero
  10. tearshed
  11. tithin

fiery_valkyrie fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

busb posted:

or corporate fatcats from vaucluse.

Then again f_v is from brisbane so maybe it will be Valley peoples?

I am not FROM brisbane. I just happen to live here.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Everything you needed to know about Australia in under 2 mins.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Harold Krell posted:

I would like to play.

The main thing I want for anyone playing my game is to have fun. However, a significant proportion of the mafia community do not find playing games with you fun Harold, so I'm not accepting your signup.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

tearshed posted:

P.sure that was a one-time thing a long time ago. How's a man to redeem himself if you don't give him a chance?

He just played 2 games recently. Go check them out.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok, I'm going to send out roles before the weekend with first deadline on US Mon/Aus Tues. I'll start with whoever signs up by then.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

A backyard somewhere in Australia

You arrive at the barbeque. The sun is shining and you can feel the humidity building. The smell of lamb roasting on the barbie wafts over. Heading to the esky, you grab a tinnie and crack it open. After locating a stubbie holder, you head over to your mates, chilling by the pool. The Hottest 100 hasn’t started on the radio yet. Someone’s got it on an oldies station and Farnsie tunes are blasting into the still air. This is going to be one memorable Australia Day.

The party has started!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML9h3I5Uktw

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm having some trouble with votefinder (ie I forgot my password) but deadline will be after the weekend.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Deadline for Day 1 will be at noon Tuesday 21st October AEST. Approx 38.5 hours from now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Post more ya drongo's.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

If you don't have at least 10 posts since the game started I will mod kill you one hour before deadline.

Right now everyone is under that limit.

Pull your finger out your arse.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Do people actually give a poo poo about this game? Because I can just close it if not.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Alright, I won't be a bitch and mod kill everyone today.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Also if you continue the game, a votecount image would be cool.

Done

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rascyc posted:

link the image not the actual vote counter f_v ;_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Argh, sorry phone posting from work now so, um, let me see...

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

With the sun shining and the crickets chirping, a game of backyard cricket was started. At first a friendly game, as beer consumption increased the play got more competitive. The crack of the ball on the bat was echoed seconds later by the crack of a skull being hit by the ball.

Somberbrero, Sonny Bill Williams, Kiwi-Aligned Goon was knocked out on Day 1.

The party takes a break. It is now Night 1. Please send through your actions. The game will reopen in 24 hours.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok I don't know how to close the thread on the app. Please don't post (unless you're explaining how to close the thread).

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (6): Opopanax, busb, Magnus Gallant, Rascyc, DuckHuntDog, Quidnose
Opopanax (2): tearshed, Somberbrero, Rarity, Somberbrero
DuckHuntDog (1): busb, busb, Somberbrero
busb (1): Rascyc, Somberbrero, bowmore, tithin, tithin, Somberbrero, Rascyc
Rascyc (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
tithin (0): Rascyc, Quidnose, Rascyc, Quidnose
Magnus Gallant (0): Magnus Gallant, busb, busb, Magnus Gallant
Rarity (0): bowmore, bowmore
tearshed (0): DuckHuntDog, DuckHuntDog

Not Voting (1): tithin

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 20th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The day was getting warmer. Unfortunately, so was the beer. The party was out of ice. After some discussion it was decided that Opop would go down to the servo and get some more.

Opop, Ray Meagher, Aussie-aligned Vanilla town, went to get ice and never returned.

It is now Day 2.

The party continues.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (9): bowmore, busb, DuckHuntDog, Magnus Gallant, Quidnose, Rarity, Rascyc, tearshed, tithin

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 23rd, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm going out and won't be around for deadline. Please don't post after the lynch.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The lamb on the barbie was perfectly cooked, the snags and onions were sizzling. Suddenly, as everyone started to eat there was the sound of cawing and the whoosh of birds diving. Tithin ran screaming from the party as the magpies swooped at him.

tithin Pavlova, Kiwi-Aligned Roleblocker has been swooped by magpies.

It is now Night 2. Please send in your actions.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

After a tasty lunch, everyone kicked back and relaxed with a few more cold ones. Except Rascyc, who decided to take a dip in the pool. But everyone knows you shouldn't go swimming on a full stomach.

Rascyc, Vegemite, Aussie-aligned Gaoler, went for a swim and never came back.

It is now Day 3.

The party continues.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

tearshed posted:

Wait, Ras was a jailer? Who calls it a gaoler.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

As the afternoon wore on beer and the climbing heat meant tempers were short. An altercation broke out and punches were thrown. One connected with busb, dropping him to the ground.

busb, The Wiggles, Aussie-aligned Cop, has been king hit.

Magnus Gallant, Merv Hughes, Aussie-aligned Vanilla Town has been mod killed.

It is now night. Please send in your actions.

The party takes a break.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Votecount for Day 3

busb (4): Rarity, bowmore, bowmore, Rarity, Rarity, bowmore, tearshed, DuckHuntDog
bowmore (1): busb
Quidnose (0): DuckHuntDog, DuckHuntDog
tearshed (0): bowmore, bowmore

Not Voting (2): Magnus Gallant, Quidnose

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 27th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The break was very quiet. Nothing happened.

It is now Day 4

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The drinks and the heat were combining to cloud people's minds. Tearshed thought it would be a great idea to jump the fence into the vacant block behind. Unfortunately the long grass hid a deadly surprise. Tearshed turned and ran, his sudden movement angering the snake, which reared up and bit him.

tearshed, Cathy Freeman, Aussie-aligned Vanilla town, has been killed by a snake bite.

It is now Night 4. Please send in your actions.

The party takes a break.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Afternoon was turning into evening and the party vibe was turning sour. The un-Australian feeling still lingered over the group. What should have been a celebration of all things Australian was marred by all the Kiwi's, masquerading as Aussies, at the party.

Suddenly Rarity sprang up. "Thut's it. I'm suck of ull you Aussies, with your jokes about fush and chups. Claiming successful New Zulander's as your own".

She grabbed a beer bottle and smashed it on the table. Brandishing the broken bottle at the party, she took a swing at bowmore, slicing him with its broken edges.

Quid, who was hiding behind bowmore, stuck his head out to see what was happening, just in time for Rarity to stab him with the bottle too.

bowmore, Cate Blanchett, Aussie-aligned Vanilla Town and Quidnose, Skippy, Aussie-aligned Hider have been killed.

DHD, James Packer, Aussie-aligned Vanilla Town has been endgamed.

Rarity, Russell Crowe, Kiwi-aligned Goon has won the game, along with her scum mates.

The party is over.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Mod doc is here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Thanks everyone. I hope you at least liked the little bits of Australian flavour.

• Locked thread