Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'll play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Confirmed!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

tithin posted:

Also, turbo implies voting without thought, and within a single day or few hours - I'd argue that no one posting in a day, and the game being active for at least three excludes the possibility of a turbo, hence the tentative suggestion to maybe re-pm all the players in case they didn't know we'd started

the hell is this

##vote tithin

i read half of that and was like "too much post"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Rascyc posted:

I'm watching Kevin Bacon in this Following series. Is this a pro town or pro scum series?

First season is great, then it ends stupid and I started the second and was like "yeah I can't loving do this anymore."

Dunno if it gets better but I bailed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

tithin posted:

Thank you for your first real contribution to the game, please post more!!

you're not my real dad!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm happy to stay on Tithin for his negative attitude.

But I guess we're going to lynch busb or no one since the deadline is soon?

I'll switch if need be but if it's a shot in the dark I'd rather lynch tithin over busb because busb is a good player and I don't know much about this tithin person other than him calling people names.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

tithin posted:

I also want to be able to justify to myself voting for someone when people are trying to get a train moving - I also don't have a lot to hang my hat on.

This is a super scummy attitude. You should be voting people because you think they're scum, not picking someone and trying to figure out WHY they're scum. That's called "spin."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

tithin posted:

There's a train going on on busb, I'm being called scummy for not voting for him, I'm being called scummy for voting for him. How do I win here?

If I vote for someone I want to be internally consistent and I want to say "these are the reasons I feel he is scum".

gently caress

confused denniss lillee and chris lilley

sorry dude

I'm not calling you scummy for voting Busb, I am calling you scummy because your thought process was "I want to vote busb, how can I find evidence that he is scum?" as opposed to "wow, Busb sure is scummy, maybe I should vote him and look into his post history more."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

tithin posted:

I'm making the comment that Racsyc is saying I'm scummy for not voting, and you're saying I am for voting for him for spurious reasons.

I don't particularly think he's (busb) scummy, but I'm also sick of this game already and it's only day 1.

i'm sorry you're frustrated but Racsyc's reasons for voting you really have very little bearing on my case as I presented it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Rascyc posted:

Busb brings up a good point about somber

@tithin no I was calling you dumb for crying about d1 and lack of play and there you were going I'm not gonna vote cause I'm I'm I'm not sure!!!!! And now you are crying foul over being sick of the game.

Grow a pair son what do you think of somber!!!!!

Why are you going hard on tithin and not voting him?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm happy with my tithin vote.

That said I haven't reread anything beyond today so someone sell me on someone else, I guess.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I don't want to vote busb today.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Probably a godfather in this setup too dude.

What? That doesn't make any sense with Ecco cop. You'd get an all "town" result on them with a Godfather, why would you need to be in this setup?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You have four minutes to explain this to me. As I understand it, Ecco cop you send a list of as many people as you want and if they're all town you get a TOWN result and if even one of them is scum you get a SCUM result. So how would a Godfather warrant into you being helpful to the game? Do you mean to throw poo poo off? Why would you have to be an Ecco cop?

Why did you claim Ecco cop and not just cop?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

By 4 minutes I mean 3. Probably just gonna hammer you without the explanation, sorry buddy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, no time.

##vote Somber

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Magnus...

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Magnus, tell me about being a 3rd party this game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So did you just not read the flip? I am really confused how you are the first post out of the gate with the thread opening and you are voting the dead guy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hurm.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Prediction: there is at least one scum voting Mags out the gate with his mistake read.

Also, Mags is 3p.

I would vote Mags or Tithin today, not tied to either yet.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It is a small game so maybe a 3p is unreasonable, but I don't know how anyone voting for Mags currently thinks he, as scum, forgot who the kill was out the gate. That makes no sense.

"Didn't care because he is 3p" is more reasonable, as is "being an idiot town." But "idiot scum" is kinda unlikely, yes?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why tearshed?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why

Would you claim that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I did say, in my post, why I did not think you were scum, Magnus.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Magnus...

Quidnose posted:

It is a small game so maybe a 3p is unreasonable, but I don't know how anyone voting for Mags currently thinks he, as scum, forgot who the kill was out the gate. That makes no sense.

"Didn't care because he is 3p" is more reasonable, as is "being an idiot town." But "idiot scum" is kinda unlikely, yes?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So you're taking your ball and going home, basically?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

tithin posted:

No, I'm talking about getting replaced.

I've given you the information on what I've done, and the possible consequences thereof - that is, that I believe Rac to be town, based on the fact that I roleblocked him last night, and a kill went through anyway.

QED

Why would a mod bother to replace you when you just outed your role information, therefore making you a target for the night kill, assuming you are telling the truth (which scum will know)?

You're playing against the spirit of the game because you're annoyed people are putting pressure on you. Do what you want, but that is kinda lovely for the rest of us who are wanting to play.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

busb posted:

Rarity is voting because she saw scum MMM pretend and case a NKed townie as a gambit Quid, which is missing from your options.

why are you so upset about the game tithin?

Yeah, that's true. I guess he could be doing that. He's playing dumb enough around me today now that maybe that is the case. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe I shouldn't!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Assuming tithin is the lone scum and most people are currently voting Mags, why do you think Tithin would offer this information for no reason?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So six out of nine remaining people are scummy?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nope, it's not me. I just wasn't around for deadline.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I have no idea at this point since both lynches have basically been lucky shots in the dark, even considering Tithin's terrible claim. I need to reread.

Do you have any thoughts beyond me?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Your reasoning falls apart when I was the hammer on Sombrero, though?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah but why didnt I just vanish and no lynch?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm not even talking about bowmore? I'm confused

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

wait, why am i confirmed town?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yes. Did your action fail?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't follow. I get that you tried to use an action on me and it failed because you were jailed, and therefore couldn't have performed the night kill. But how do I know you were jailed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Did you get a message saying you were jailed, busb?

• Locked thread