Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Awww yiss, more Kyrandia! I don't mind the zaniness, the talking animations that just don't sync up, or other flaws, for two reasons. First, it's not the first game, it's improved. Secondly, it's not as lovely as some of its competitors around the same period, one of which (COUGHXANTHCOUGH) created two entire Dead Man Walking paths. Not moments, paths. And even the good path has your companion character trying to trick you into dying at least once.

So yeah, I actually don't mind this game at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Yep, also made by Westwood. They had the license to produce D&D games for a while in the early 90s, and made the first two Eye of the Beholder games for Amiga, PC, SNES etc in addition to several other D&D-based RPGs for those platforms. After they lost the license in 1992, they went on to make similar games set in their own original universe: Lands of Lore.

It's a shame that the EoB series didn't really have that much music, as what there was was pretty atmospheric. Also, I loved Lands of Lore for two particular reasons... Firstly, because it was a better EoB 3 than EoB 3 was, and secondly...

:woop: "The scones are firmly attached!"
:rant: "They're sconces, you idiot!"

• Locked thread