Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Oh god the grinding. The beating your head against RNG bullshit compounded upon RNG bullshit compounded upon RNG bullshit. Sometimes there's exactly one way to win, and all the RNGs must be favorable for that to happen.
And then you must do it again 5-7 more times.

Although those are usually summer events. The rest aren't that bad.

Not counting farming for drops, though. Those who do that are hosed in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
But how cute are the girls

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

But how cute are the girls

Usually very. My posting in the chat thread may be summed up as a fleet of cute boat girls.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
That's all that matters

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'd provide pictorial evidence, but I'm on my phone. Cute girls will be your reward for waiting.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
Today's event battle is :suicide: material

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Grausherra posted:

Today's event battle is :suicide: material

Wait for tomorrow.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Well there's a reason why the recommended level keeps increasing. :v:
Remember to pay attention to the class preview. The item reward also often foreshadows the enemy you'll fight.

Attila still carries, although I had to burn a CS for a heal. Karna was actually the easy part. Brokitas are hax.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kyte posted:

Well there's a reason why the recommended level keeps increasing. :v:
Remember to pay attention to the class preview. The item reward also often foreshadows the enemy you'll fight.

Attila still carries, although I had to burn a CS for a heal. Karna was actually the easy part. Brokitas are hax.

Yeah, I've decided I can and will now only ever do the Lancer 40AP quest if and only if I have Atilla on my team, I auto lose otherwise. If I could get Lily to 60 or could equip the +50% attack CE on someone on my back line I think I could do it, but not before. Lily is just only slightly weaker with her +100% CE than Okita or my mordred it seems but lacks the health to last until round 3.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have five of the party 50% attack CEs so I just wade through dailies like a fat lady through the buffet.

blankd
Mar 26, 2010
I think I must be really lucky with this event since it feels like my saber team Nero has done pretty well aside from the lvl 90 repeatable quest, but it's lvl 90. (I also swapped out the saber team for my usual arts team, that was a mistake but eh, still 3sealed a victory out of it :v:)

I found that D'eon pretty helpful for getting through any wave that happens to have a servant with a single target NP (Scathach, JtR, etc).

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I haven't even had time to play F/GO in forever. :negative:

I'm honestly worried that by the time I do, I will have missed literally all of the events forever.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kyte posted:

Oh god the grinding. The beating your head against RNG bullshit compounded upon RNG bullshit compounded upon RNG bullshit. Sometimes there's exactly one way to win, and all the RNGs must be favorable for that to happen.
And then you must do it again 5-7 more times.

Although those are usually summer events. The rest aren't that bad.

Not counting farming for drops, though. Those who do that are hosed in the head.

I'd say Kan Colle's construction system is easier than most gachas, at least. It is criminally grindy, though.

Word is this summer they're introducing a US ship.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

From what I've seen people talking about the 16"/50 caliber Mark 7 triple turret was a ranking reward last month, so people are guessing there will be an Iowa or two around spring or so.

Anyways, I'm starting to believe that claims that event bosses drop CEs is an elaborate lie. I've never had one drop from them in any event, and this one specifically I've done a fairly large amount of grinding, at least for me.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I've gotten more CE drops from bosses in this event than in any other, which is funny since the CEs this time around are really loving poo poo outside of the event. I wish i could trade them in for the last Halloween Princess i never got in the Halloween event.

Also i just passed 1 million points, and got my final Lily card, which has literally no purpose whatsoever since i already had a Lily when the event started. Great event planning!

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 31, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Freak Futanari posted:

I've gotten more CE drops from bosses in this event than in any other, which is funny since the CEs this time around are really loving poo poo outside of the event. I wish i could trade them in for the last Halloween Princess i never got in the Halloween event.
Exactly same as me! I got 3 or 4 lily CE drop and 2 artoria CE drop so far.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

And still no Type A-150. Pshaw.

Anyway, I was worried that I couldn't possibly make a Million for a full Lily but these dailies are almost doing it by themselves.

*edit* Oh poo poo first 5star Drake!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
You lucky bastard. (They're prolly saving the A-150 because if they release a fully-functional A-150 it'd prolly be OP as gently caress, since it falls in the hypothetical side of things)

Lord Koth posted:

From what I've seen people talking about the 16"/50 caliber Mark 7 triple turret was a ranking reward last month, so people are guessing there will be an Iowa or two around spring or so.

Anyways, I'm starting to believe that claims that event bosses drop CEs is an elaborate lie. I've never had one drop from them in any event, and this one specifically I've done a fairly large amount of grinding, at least for me.
They drop but you need obnoxious amounts of grinding or obnoxious amounts of luck.

Bakanogami posted:

I'd say Kan Colle's construction system is easier than most gachas, at least. It is criminally grindy, though.

I actually really appreciate the construction and most importantly the lack of emphasis put on rarity. Unlike most gacha games where a 5* is objectively superior to a 4* and so on, KC's best and/or most useful ships are often early drops and just take grinding.

Oh, and:

quote:

According to devs, this ranking reward is an early implementation of the equipment, and the global implementation will come this spring at its earliest. It will be come with the implementation of new kanmusu(s) with the equipment throughout the year.
So Iowa confirmed for spring at the earliest.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 31, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Kyte posted:

So Iowa confirmed for spring at the earliest.

gently caress. Guess I have something to do while forgetting to play FGO in a long while again.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Freak Futanari posted:

Also i just passed 1 million points, and got my final Lily card, which has literally no purpose whatsoever since i already had a Lily when the event started. Great event planning!

I feel as though they need to implement a better version of the Burning/Trade in mechanic. Like, what if I want to exchange tubes for lenses or transistors? What if I have extra Servant cards I don't need? Why can't I trade them in or not to an entirely different account for a fee?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

I feel as though they need to implement a better version of the Burning/Trade in mechanic. Like, what if I want to exchange tubes for lenses or transistors? What if I have extra Servant cards I don't need? Why can't I trade them in or not to an entirely different account for a fee?

To make you roll and grind more, duh.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Speaking of rolling http://news.fate-go.jp/2016/rayfpf/ A new download count celebration.

A ton of quartz, tickets, apples, and Fou cards for daily logins. Picking one of ten Servant CE that gives more bond points. Saber's casual clothes for female masters and a stylish vest for male masters.

New player bonus is gaining more tickets, as well.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So the last daily is a fight against lv90 Alter Lancer with 3333333 HP. It's not very enjoyable.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

So the last daily is a fight against lv90 Alter Lancer with 3333333 HP. It's not very enjoyable.

Okay, so this is just plain not happening. The only way I could possibly do this is by blowing upwards of 2 quartz for rezes (spent 3 Command Seals for yesterday's Quest) and the prizes above 1 millon just plain aren't worth it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna win that fight :madmax:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Aumanor posted:

Okay, so this is just plain not happening. The only way I could possibly do this is by blowing upwards of 2 quartz for rezes (spent 3 Command Seals for yesterday's Quest) and the prizes above 1 millon just plain aren't worth it.

Yeah, i had to spend 2 quartz to win it, but it did give enough Artorium to give me the last rewards i wanted, so i guess it wasn't too bad since 2 quartz is just half a Black Key anyway

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Aumanor posted:

Considering we're gonna get more freebies for the download count celebration, 2 quartz shouldn't be too bad.

Gudako looks really cute in Saber's casual outfit.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I thought that Lancer Arturia was a joke since her NP couldn't one-shot my team without any defense buffs active. I cleared it in one try on a blind attempt without using CS.

I'm glad I leveled up D'eon prior to the event. D'eon is a tanky beast and was pivotal to my success in every event mission. Other than needing to use CS for my first attempt at MHZ's mission, I have never needed to use a CS because of D'eon. I wanted to hoard a full set of Fous for a future servant, but D'eon deserves the full stat boost since he/she will always be useful for these kind of events.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So i was pretty disappointed, since i had burned my quartz and tickets without getting Nero (who would go really well with my current team).

I get my 7 day login ticket, and use it because who cares, i'll just get trash.

And then bam! Nero.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I beat Lancer Alter without using up any quartzes, finally a loving daily that is actually built towards the even if it's stupidly damage spongey

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm debating stopping farming Ahoge at the 500k mark (third Lily) to farm transistors for the gold exp cards. Getting Mordred or Okita to 80 is going to be a pain.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Not sure if they're gonna ever have another event where you can get Saber Lily so there's little chance you'll get to upgrade her beyond this event. You're only at 500k though?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Compendium posted:

Not sure if they're gonna ever have another event where you can get Saber Lily so there's little chance you'll get to upgrade her beyond this event. You're only at 500k though?

I'm at 492k right now. I just realized though that those other item dailies give a bunch of Ahoge after the Lvl 40 point though, so I might switch to those. But I only have maybe a day? Unless I buy Quartz I don't think it's physically possible.

e: Okay, wow, I'm up to almost 800k from doing most of those with the last two remaining, jesus. Just *miiiiiiiiight* squeeze in Lily's NP to level 5.

e2: I did it! Alturia Lancer brought me to well over a million, wow. :haw:

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Feb 2, 2016

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
I threw in the towel at 100k. My team is badly built and I am finding my mobage opportunities intruding on my more focused game time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm at 1.1 mil, I'm good. Got Lily's NP maxed and a shitton of ascension items I will not be using for a good while. Might just do Scathach all of tomorrow though to grind for infinity gears for Nero final ascension

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Baal posted:

I'm at 1.1 mil, I'm good. Got Lily's NP maxed and a shitton of ascension items I will not be using for a good while. Might just do Scathach all of tomorrow though to grind for infinity gears for Nero final ascension

I just took a good look at the prizes at the 1mil to 2mil range and getting something like 500 mana prisms seems like a worth while goal. I'm farming Ruler now so I can buy those exp cards.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Oh, I finally got my Fate/Hollow material book from a seller on Amazon since I treated myself last month on my birthday. Granted it took a month, but definitely worth it.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Compendium posted:

Oh, I finally got my Fate/Hollow material book from a seller on Amazon since I treated myself last month on my birthday. Granted it took a month, but definitely worth it.

Did you get the Fate/stay book?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Nah, this is my first ever Fate/materials book. I do plan on getting the other ones in the future if they're still available to buy, but they're pricey and the wait is pretty long. I can treat myself again later when I'm in a better position for it. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Udon brought over the first volume at a pretty reasonable price, but that was back in 2014 and there hasn't been any word from them on the rest of it.