Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Altera is in all likelihood an alien from Mars.

They never described Type Mars haven't they? I honestly believe she, much like ORT, got lost and ended up being found by the Huns and her programming went from destroying mankind to destroy civilization and prevent mankind from leaving Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

quote:

Hands:
•210k HP each.

•The hands will now apply an Attack up buff on Ibaraki.

Ibaraki:
•Apply a NP seal debuff (1 turn) at 50% and 20% HP.

•On her NP turn, if hands are alive, they will apply attack up on her.

I wonder how the final day's 3BP will look.

BlitzBlast posted:

how many centaurs do i need to genocide before i can get a loving horseshoe aaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhh

This round has horseshoes in the reward pool. :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'm so loving happy right now you have no idea.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm so loving happy right now you have no idea.

im going to destroy your smile

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
6 Octuplet Crystals to go, 10 golden apples spent so far... Farming that node in Okeanos.

Namtab posted:

im going to destroy your smile

Oi! Et toi le! I will protect that smile! En garde!

Which reminds me, I would be pretty happy to get Louis Riel as a Servant, he's my ancestor.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I'm really getting tired of this event. Remember how someone wrote that this game would be unplayable if it had even a semi-functional AI? I'm 90% sure Ibaraki's focusing my support Jeanne Alters. And I still don't have a team that can take on the 3BP quest.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This event is possibly worse than Saber Wars

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, this event has already worn out its welcome

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I got all of the stuff I needed from the ladder, I'm just doing the daily rewards now.

Managed to ascend four servants so I'm happy. :toot:

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I can't wait for this event to be over and not get a welfare servant out of it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
The Crystal Lore's would be nice to stock up on if I can get that high. Welfare Ikuruga would be better.

Other than that, I want the Dragon fangs and the EXP cards from the shop.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Great idea game people, fight the same boss over and over and over because huge HP pool!!! FUN

Shuten Douji's voicework is p. good

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
People wanted raids. Now we drown in our raids and die.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Compendium posted:

Great idea game people, fight the same boss over and over and over because huge HP pool!!! FUN

Shuten Douji's voicework is p. good

I'm just frustrated that I don't seem to have the luck or specific servants to make it work.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm not even bothering with the 6 million HP, just nah (I have good Servants, just not enough patience and not enough to get an edge for that one).

I prefer Saber Wars because at least the drops were good and it helped that I had a ton of Sabers.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I have both Waver and Jack so I have 2BP down to a science.

1. Team composition: Mashu, Jack, Support, Waver, Hans, Some Other Jackass. Jack and the Support should have the Ushiwakamaru CE, while Waver and Hans have Kintoki.
2. Get the Jeanne Alter or the Scathach on my Support list with really high skill levels.
2a. If they're not there, go do something else and try again.
3. Spend the first battle building up as much NP as possible on the Support. Ideally 50%, but 30% works too.
4. On the first turn, drop Mashu's NP Boost/Invincibility buff on the Support. If you're lucky, the enemies will focus on the Support and build her NP to at least 75%. Then you can skip to the end.
5. On the second turn, have Mashu use her taunt. If you're lucky, you'll have enough for an Arts Chain or something and can skip to the end.
6. On the third turn, use the Stun on Ibaraki. At this point the Support should've hit at least 75% NP.

END: Swap Mashu for Waver and have him drop his buff on the Support. Or if Mashu was dead, have Waver use his buff then swap him out for Hans. Use all the buffs on the Support, then have them lay waste with a NP and a string of crits.

This event is really just "Do you have Waver?".

3BP is more interesting. I can't do it myself, since I don't have the necessary servants leveled, but you can either go for the stall or the kill. The former requires more Cu Chulainn than you can shake a stick at, Mashu, Leonidas, and preferably Medea Lily but possibly Irisviel if you really have to. The latter requires double Waver, a massive beatstick (or Robin and Shuten), Mashu, and I dunno whoever you want.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 6, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

I have both Waver and Jack so I have 2BP down to a science.

1. Team composition: Mashu, Jack, Support, Waver, Hans, Some Other Jackass. Jack and the Support should have the Ushiwakamaru CE, while Waver and Hans have Kintoki.
2. Get the Jeanne Alter or the Scathach on my Support list with really high skill levels.
2a. If they're not there, go do something else and try again.
3. Spend the first battle building up as much NP as possible on the Support. Ideally 50%, but 30% works too.
4. On the first turn, drop Mashu's NP Boost/Invincibility buff on the Support. If you're lucky, the enemies will focus on the Support and build her NP to at least 75%. Then you can skip to the end.
5. On the second turn, have Mashu use her taunt. If you're lucky, you'll have enough for an Arts Chain or something and can skip to the end.
6. On the third turn, use the Stun on Ibaraki. At this point the Support should've hit at least 75% NP.

END: Swap Mashu for Waver and have him drop his buff on the Support. Or if Mashu was dead, have Waver use his buff then swap him out for Hans. Use all the buffs on the Support, then have them lay waste with a NP and a string of crits.

This event is really just "Do you have Waver?".

2 BP is fine though sometimes I lose Okita and it's a really close call; but 3 BP I've tried twice now and failed both times after getting to turn 2 which is why I've been desperately farming for crystals to ascend ProtoCu (Which I did, and he's almost level 70, at which point I'll give 3 BP for stall a third shot after I'm done farming gourds).

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
My 3BP strategy is Orion along with two Tamamos, each with level 10 Fox Wedding. At that point her NP hits for a cool million every time, and she can fire it off like every other turn

blankd
Mar 26, 2010
I actually don't mind the event too much. But then again, I can do the kill/stall 3BP fairly reliably (I get her down to about 1mil for the stall if I fail to get the kill). However I'm lucky enough to have a Jealter and Tamamo. :v: The backline is David, Mashu and FSN Cu.

I'm definitely not looking forward to when the hands swap to rider.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

So since Tsukihime has been canceled, is Type-Moon going to do anything outside of the Fate universe anymore, or is this basically it at this point?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tsukihime wasn't cancelled

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That thing was announced in 2008, and the latest thing they revealed was character artwork. In that time, how many Fate things have happened, and how many new characters have they created for it?

There is no way Tsukihime is still being made.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stop being a child because they aren't giving you nonstop details

They are an indie group who still does things on their own schedule. It is the most vanity project that Nasu and Takeuchi could be working on, why would it be cancelled because of that? When have you heard of those two giving up on something? Not to mention none of the extra Fate stuff was even made by them. It was outsourced to other developers with some members of their staff (AKA Nasu and Takeuchi) being in a supportive role when they can afford to be. How much of the Fate stuff do you think is actually made by them? Grand Order's the closest thing to them being entirely in on a Fate thing and Nasu is a head writer. Also Mahotsukai was the last thing they made four years ago which was the most recent VN they made after FSN. There's a lot of poo poo to say against the game being cancelled especially since they barely loving talk about any of their projects while they're in development, because hey Type-Moon is a goofy rear end indie group who doesn't want you know anything about what they're doing until it's about to come out.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jun 6, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Like if it was gonna be cancelled, they'll say it's goddamned cancelled instead of showing new character and background art. Fate's their biggest franchise with all the spinoffs so of course there will be more nonstop details for new upcoming poo poo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean we didn't even get this burst of Fate poo poo until Grand Order blew the gently caress up, before this it was just Extra and the occasional anime adaptation and that was only after Kara No Kyokai ended.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Baal posted:

Also Mahotsukai was the last thing they made four years ago which was the most recent VN they made after FSN.

This is really the main thing for me. Mahoyo was in active development, if I recall, for like the better part of a decade as their main project, and before its release they barely said a thing about it. They're just that kind of team.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Nasu have been working on shitload of works since the remake announcement:

Fate/extra, fate/ccc, supervising fate/zero, supervising ubw movie, supervising fate/ubw, supervising heavenly feel movie x3, mahosutkai, that witch night story, producing fate extralla, scripting for fate extra anime, one year writing plus extra overtime for fate grand order, and whatever i missed.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Assuming Grand Order is doing well for them I hope it's not doing to them workload-wise what Steam/DOTA's success wound up doing to Valve.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Assuming Grand Order is doing well for them I hope it's not doing to them workload-wise what Steam/DOTA's success wound up doing to Valve.

Personally i can't wait for the Hat Gacha

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Nasu have been working on shitload of works since the remake announcement:

Fate/extra, fate/ccc, supervising fate/zero, supervising ubw movie, supervising fate/ubw, supervising heavenly feel movie x3, mahosutkai, that witch night story, producing fate extralla, scripting for fate extra anime, one year writing plus extra overtime for fate grand order, and whatever i missed.

Girls' Work, but there's been even less news on that that on Tsukihime remake. Plus Tsuki no Sango and Garden of Avalon, if we're counting shorter stories. Also, what's that witch night story you're referring to?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Aumanor posted:

Also, what's that witch night story you're referring to?
Mahou tsukai no yoru

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Mahou tsukai no yoru

Ah, alright, it looked like you were listing mahoyo and 'that witch night story' as two separate items.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Oh i see, that's the nick name. I haven't read all these side works yet, so i wouldn't know. :saddowns:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Lancer hands this round. And the next rounds will all be 24 hours?

https://twitter.com/fgoproject/status/739834921011683328

e:

quote:

3bp:

Hands:
•270k HP each.

•The left hand will now apply a single target Defense down debuff (last 4 turns) and the right hand will buff Ibaraki's attack (last 4 turns)

Ibaraki:
•Apply a stargen down debuff (3 turns) at 50% and 20% HP.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 6, 2016

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I'm new to the Fate series. I finished Fate/Zero recently and am about halfway through Fate/Stay Night 2006 (Yeah I know, wrong order. Blame my friend.)

No spoilery details, can someone give me a yes/no answer on whether Saber/Artoria remembers the events from Fate/Zero? It seems like she doesn't.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She does, but in bits and pieces iirc

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

No spoilery details, can someone give me a yes/no answer on whether Saber/Artoria remembers the events from Fate/Zero? It seems like she doesn't.
Yes

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I'm new to the Fate series. I finished Fate/Zero recently and am about halfway through Fate/Stay Night 2006 (Yeah I know, wrong order. Blame my friend.)

Why are you watching the 2006 series instead of the actual good anime, UBW 2014?

Also, watch Kara no Kyoukai.

All of you

Especially Baal

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Kinda, but because zero is a prequel sequel not specifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wuxi posted:

Why are you watching the 2006 series instead of the actual good anime, UBW 2014?

I'd imagine its because ubw is the second arc and he doesn't want to commit to a vn.