Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
We're also getting G-ALTERA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here is Void Liz

FGO
-Emiya and Altera animations are hype as gently caress
-Extella campaign
-Extella CE that plays the theme and that's all it does
-We're also getting FSN High School Uniform Mystic Codes
-CEs on some of the Extella servants with their extella art, but you only get to pick one
-A ticket comes with the game in japan too or something
-Babylon in December
-Christmas 2015 is getting a redux, but we're also getting Christmas 2016

The stream's still going so there'll be more

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why the gently caress is the FGO anime starring Gudao? Who wants that dork?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's not a full anime, it's an OVA for every the first order.

Also as long as they pick the crazy dialogue choices I could care less what gender they pick. Just go full P4 The Animation with this, please.

EDIT: It looks like it's just for Fuyuki. Boy, that'll be... a thing.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
First order have good np scene.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Look if they're not gonna give us crazy Gudako i'd rather you kill the protagonist and just show us every servant in FGO

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Nah, gently caress that. The F/GO protagonist has some good rear end dialogue choices, and even outside of events is pretty much the ballsiest bastard to ever star in a Nasu work. If the OVA goes with that, it's going to be great.

If it turns him into Mr. Milquetoast, then that's the opposite of great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay and the odds of them going with the actual nutty poo poo are nonexistent basically

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Is it just me or Gudao looks like Shinji in the poster?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here are the new UBW and Photon Ray

https://twitter.com/MSDuellOberst/status/793780421343318016
https://twitter.com/MSDuellOberst/status/793780248814821376

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

This stream is good civilization

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Okay and the odds of them going with the actual nutty poo poo are nonexistent basically

I can't even imagine how they'd handle Fuyuki without including the MC screwing with Olga the entire time.

Like would it just be her expositing for twenty minutes while Gudao blankly nods?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Welp, the next gacha sucks.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

-CEs on some of the Extella servants with their extella art, but you only get to pick one

These things boost how much Master EXP you get by 50.

Because, uh, clearly that will help.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
So echoing once again any goons playing the Chinese version of FGO?

JP hates rooted phones and developer options enabled.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I never bothered registering a biibii account and make whatever fake chinese address for it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BlitzBlast posted:

These things boost how much Master EXP you get by 50.

Because, uh, clearly that will help.

It seems like it's really just a novelty because that is fuckin pitiful.

Nyaa posted:

Welp, the next gacha sucks.

Wait we know about the next gacha?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh it's only the Extra servants.

...woohoo? Man, November is just gonna be a loving dearth of content huh?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It only last for a week and the next one probably have gil, liz, and Archimedes i guess

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Nyaa posted:

I never bothered registering a biibii account and make whatever fake chinese address for it.

Download from QooApp and you don't need to go through that BS.

The Qoo version is official but doesn't have Bilibili.

Just make a username, password and fill in 2 captcha and you're done.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

EzEight posted:

Download from QooApp and you don't need to go through that BS.
I use IOS

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
Even if it was Gudako, she wouldn't be Gudako.

Wouldn't mind seeing this animated.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yeah especially if it's Studio Shaft (Is it? I think Extra is Shaft but is FGO?) then gudao with the funny options would be great.

I would like Gil but I think I'll just wait for Semiramis.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Well, got a second Angra Mainyu. Clearly I'm on the right path.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have all of the five star Servants in the Extella gacha already :haw:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yeah especially if it's Studio Shaft (Is it? I think Extra is Shaft but is FGO?) then gudao with the funny options would be great.

I would like Gil but I think I'll just wait for Semiramis.

Shaft is doing Extra Last Encore.
Grand Order First Order is a TV special (basically an ova) done by.... Lay-duce (Classroom☆Crisis, Magi: Adventure of Sinbad)

Gudao, now Fujimaru Ritsuka, is voiced by Nobunaga. Kawasumi gets to play Fou. Roman is Mikiya (and in case you didn't know Da Vinci is Shiki :haw:).
Lev is by Sugita, Olga Marie by Madoka Yonezawa.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Kyte posted:

Shaft is doing Extra Last Encore.
Grand Order First Order is a TV special (basically an ova) done by.... Lay-duce (Classroom☆Crisis, Magi: Adventure of Sinbad)

Gudao, now Fujimaru Ritsuka, is voiced by Nobunaga. Kawasumi gets to play Fou. Roman is Mikiya (and in case you didn't know Da Vinci is Shiki :haw:).
Lev is by Sugita, Olga Marie by Madoka Yonezawa.

Tomokazu Sugita?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Yep

http://www.otakutale.com/2016/fate-grand-order-anime-adaptation-announced-for-2016/

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I hope Risa Taneda comes off her hiatus before they get too far into doing Grand Order anime. This anime kind of explains why they were so quick to replace her voicing Mashu, but if they try to change Kiyohime or Marie I'll be genuinely upset. :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I've seen a couple level 100 3-star servants. How does that work? Can those chalice things keep increasing your level until max? I had assumed there was some +10 levels limit.

It's strange in general to me when I see people who have maxed out any 3-star servant (and I'm including having high/max level skills here). Like, even if you don't spend any money it seems like you'd come across a couple 4-star servants, and I would be very hesitant to spend the massive amount of mats necessary to max out level/skills on anything sub-4 stars.

Kinda related to the above, but it's interesting how much easier it is to get the materials for ascendance than to get the materials to max out skills. I am not very hardcore at all, and just from what I had left over after stopping I can get all 5 of my 5-star dudes to their second to last ascendance (while getting a skill to 10 is virtually impossible given my levels of play).

It's been fun seeing (and playing with through support summons) all the new servants since I stopped playing a little over a year ago. My favorite is probably Jack; she frequently nets me 50 quick stars and is pretty awesome in general., especially combined with my Gilgamesh.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ytlaya posted:

So I've seen a couple level 100 3-star servants. How does that work? Can those chalice things keep increasing your level until max? I had assumed there was some +10 levels limit.

Yes, they can raise every Servant's max level to 100.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

It's strange in general to me when I see people who have maxed out any 3-star servant (and I'm including having high/max level skills here). Like, even if you don't spend any money it seems like you'd come across a couple 4-star servants, and I would be very hesitant to spend the massive amount of mats necessary to max out level/skills on anything sub-4 stars.

Don't underestimate the waifu factor

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Or the husbando factor considering how many people on my friend's list have a level 100 Cu lancer.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

This game is not hard enough that you need to aim for the very best of the best. Grail Ascension itself is almost pointless, and basically exists so you can get your favorite Servant a shiny gold border and more HP.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Or the husbando factor considering how many people on my friend's list have a level 100 Cu lancer.

Yeah, that is one nice thing about the grails; it always bothered me how Lancer Cu was only 3 stars. While I guess it makes sense for his teacher to be stronger than him, it seems like he would benefit from being a much more well known hero.

Actually, regarding grails, how do they work with the stat growth curves? Does someone who has high stat growth in the high and low ends benefit more due to gaining more stats per level at that point, or do the growth curves assume a max level of 100 to begin with?

One other question - I saw it mentioned somewhere that Saber Artoria's NP is really good, but it seems like a regular AoE without any special effects. Why is it considered good (or was the source I read just wrong)? Maybe because her skill that boosts Buster attacks for one turn has great synergy with it?

edit: Oh, one other nice thing that changed over the past year+ is all the cool new attack animations! Gilgamesh and a lot of the caster servants in particular have really neat animations now. I really like Prisma Ilya's, though unfortunately I think she's not acquirable anymore.

edit2: And they added the cool Extra CCC music for Gil's Enuma Elish! I remember being upset that it wasn't there before.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 3, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cu is 3* because his power is in canon split between Lancer and Caster forms, which is lame as gently caress, but I guess their gimme for Cu fans is Berserker which isn't a great compromise TBH.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, that is one nice thing about the grails; it always bothered me how Lancer Cu was only 3 stars. While I guess it makes sense for his teacher to be stronger than him, it seems like he would benefit from being a much more well known hero.

Rarity has zero connection with power. Saint George is one of the most ridiculous Servants around, and he's a 2*.

quote:

Actually, regarding grails, how do they work with the stat growth curves? Does someone who has high stat growth in the high and low ends benefit more due to gaining more stats per level at that point, or do the growth curves assume a max level of 100 to begin with?

They basically flatline out to a very standard curve. Barring very specific edge cases (Saber Alter VS regular Saber, for instance), a level 100 1* is still going to be much weaker than a level 100 5*.

The big difference is in HP, which really does get way higher. That's actually the reason why if you care about the gameplay, Heracles and Hans are some of the best Servants to Grail because then you get them more HP.

quote:

One other question - I saw it mentioned somewhere that Saber Artoria's NP is really good, but it seems like a regular AoE without any special effects.

It's not. The only Artoria to have a good NP is the Archer version, so either your source is wrong or you just misunderstood.

NPs in this game can be divided between AoE and Single Target. By and large, AoE is far inferior to the latter because a) they straight up have lower damage multipliers and b) because most enemy waves are mixed class with not that much HP. You don't need Karna to handle a wave when Kiyohime can do just as well (if not better) for much less hassle.

If we ever see an emphasis on fighting multiple super strong opponents at once of the same class, maybe then AoE will be worth something. But until then, nope.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Captain Baal posted:

Cu is 3* because his power is in canon split between Lancer and Caster forms, which is lame as gently caress, but I guess their gimme for Cu fans is Berserker which isn't a great compromise TBH.

More dogs for me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean it's p obvious DW is in love with Cu like literally all of the world, but i'd like a version that's four or five stars that actually acts like he does in canon.

That being said, Emiya acts like everyone's mother cause he doesn't need to try and kill himself and that's also a good time so eh, it works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I think they made Cu 3* so everybody could get him. He's pretty drat good, and even now after a slew of new Lancers he's still pretty top tier.

Also, while AoE is literally half the damage of an equivalent Single-Target NP, lately they've been adding stronger/more dangerous mooks to bosses, so you shouldn't discount them right away. It's been a while since doing a Brave Buster Chain or pulling a strong single target NP outta your rear end would be the end-all of fights.

All stat growths are scaled such that their Min is at Lv. 1 and their Max is at their natural Lv. cap (the curve itself varies in shape depending on the Servant). If you grail them, they'll keep gaining stats past their cap following a simple linear formula: Min + [(Max - Min) * Current Level / Max Level]

The devs have put a lot of emphasis on making every servant viable for most content, that is everything they don't label as "very challenging", which will take some strategy and well-leveled skills but not necessarily rare servants. They've mentioned they actually like seeing those youtubes of all-bronze challenge runs, so yeah. Nowadays many Bronzes have much stronger utility than Silvers or Golds, since utility stuff doesn't need to scale to the level cap. (Plus, they're much cheaper to level)