Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Shneak posted:

Holy poo poo I saw Heaven's Feel today and I have no idea where it's heading. I watched F/Z and F/SN but I haven't played the visual novel. Real Assassin appearing got an audible :wtf: out of me and I lost the thread. But Lancer vs Assassin might be my favourite of the series and it was cool to see servant's resistances/abilities actually come into play this time.

Thank god part 2 comes out this year.

I've liked True Assassin since I played the VN all those year ago and I'm glad they made him as scary as he originally was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

My favorite fight in the series happens during a Bad End and therefore sadly won't be animated.

I'm still hoping they'll include it as a BD bonus.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Conspiratiorist posted:

My favorite fight in the series happens during a Bad End and therefore sadly won't be animated.

The next best three will all happen during part 3 :fsn:

That fight I can easily see being done as a special feature.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've liked True Assassin since I played the VN all those year ago and I'm glad they made him as scary as he originally was.

They did a really good job making Heavens Feel feel like the horror movie that it basically is.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Nero might be the best saberface but she isn't the best extra servant

Seriously, Chiwa Saito gives a goddamned show-stealing performance as Tamamo. Really brings her together as a character. I didn’t feel that Sakura Tange really brought out Nero’s more regal side - she’s always voiced as a kind of bratty teenager, which obscured some of the nuance of her characterisation in the text - but Tamamo is convincing as the ultra-professional concubine, the goofball monster-girl girlfriend, and the demonic, seductive tyrant who brought down an empire, and the way she switches between them at the drop of a hat is hilarious and slightly terrifying.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Santa Nero in the extra omake skit seemed pretty drat regal to me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
After FHA I feel pretty comfortable in stating that OG Saber is in fact the actual best saberface.

Besides Okita of course.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Darth Walrus posted:

Seriously, Chiwa Saito gives a goddamned show-stealing performance as Tamamo. Really brings her together as a character. I didn’t feel that Sakura Tange really brought out Nero’s more regal side - she’s always voiced as a kind of bratty teenager, which obscured some of the nuance of her characterisation in the text - but Tamamo is convincing as the ultra-professional concubine, the goofball monster-girl girlfriend, and the demonic, seductive tyrant who brought down an empire, and the way she switches between them at the drop of a hat is hilarious and slightly terrifying.

I know somebody who can't bring herself to like Tamamo because she talks like her mom (as in trying to be cutesy when they're already an adult and stuff), which is extremely hilarious and taints my entire vision of the character.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
TaMOMo

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kyte posted:

I know somebody who can't bring herself to like Tamamo because she talks like her mom (as in trying to be cutesy when they're already an adult and stuff), which is extremely hilarious and taints my entire vision of the character.

Taints? I’m pretty sure that is precisely Tamamo’s deal. Well, give or take a bit of the requisite Fate cosmic angst, anyway.

She’s way too old for this poo poo, but she’s having enough fun with it that it’s hard to seriously object.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 17, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Tamamo would be a good mom imo

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
she'd either be turbo embarrassing mom or murder-mom for stealing attention from her husband

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's already what, 3 or 4 characters the JP community have given some variation of "Mom" as a nickname to, aren't there? Mom club is full, no foxes allowed.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Raikou and Helena are the ones I usually see.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the 'mom club' isn't exactly exclusive, it turns out. heck, casko is legally a mom after extella. for most fate chars its just a fetish thing!

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 17, 2018

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

taser rates posted:

Raikou and Helena are the ones I usually see.

It’s specifically Raikou, Boudicca, Helena, and Emiya, the true Mom of Chaldea.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Boudica is doting onee-san, but don't forget Momturia.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Boudica is doting onee-san, but don't forget Momturia.

I think you will find that she is a Dad.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
A very bad one.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Lancertoria's treatment of Mordred in Camelot just makes those pictures even more darkly hilarious.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, in Camelot in FGO she’s not entirely right in the head at the time.

I still find it hilarious in stuff like the first summer event where she’s all smiles with everybody but very deliberately ignoring Mordred and her attempts to get her attention.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Artoria of Camelot isn't the one you summon anyway.

And her snubbing Mordred in some fashion is basically a meme so of course she would. Doesn't stop people from imagining a proper Lancer Artoria being a good dadmom to Mordred though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Sadly materials torpedoed that one by giving Lancer Artoria a relationship entry to Mordred that is literally "*ignores*"

Stop the Mordred bullying!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't worry there's always Arturia Lily/White Dad

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Morgan is a good mom.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
i doubt that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Now that's the kind of accuracy I like in fanart

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Watched Heaven's Feel. Expected it to be good, found it to be amazing. Beautiful of course, and very well paced. Utterly blindsided by the cuteness of younger Sakura, whose appearance gives a hell of a lot more context to why Shirou is troubled seeing her as anything but a little sister.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

Watched Heaven's Feel. Expected it to be good, found it to be amazing. Beautiful of course, and very well paced. Utterly blindsided by the cuteness of younger Sakura, whose appearance gives a hell of a lot more context to why Shirou is troubled seeing her as anything but a little sister.

Heavens feel and very well paced are not things I would ever have expected to exist in the same sentence. How intriguing.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Sounds like they did well with shifting character development outside the safest place during war.

Shirou’s kitchen

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My sister sadly didn't like it very much, I thought she might like parts of it because she loves Gargoyles and Justice League (dressed as Wonder Woman for Halloween) but sadly not really. She found it too gory. :D

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gaius Marius posted:

Heavens feel and very well paced are not things I would ever have expected to exist in the same sentence. How intriguing.

I was honestly really impressed with how they managed it. They skipped over all the exposition we've all seen a million times before, took a bunch of stuff from the first chunk of the story and managed to cram it all into Shirou's walk home from the church without it feeling unnatural at all.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
They have mastered the walking-in-circle-explanation.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Raenir Salazar posted:

My sister sadly didn't like it very much, I thought she might like parts of it because she loves Gargoyles and Justice League (dressed as Wonder Woman for Halloween) but sadly not really. She found it too gory. :D

When Shirou's intestines flew out, the person next to me did that uncomfortable, drawn-out "ugh... unngh..." sound someone makes when they watch the Mr. Hands video for the first time.

I grinned because this is why it had to be a film.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

would mr.hands be summoned as a rider or a berserker

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Avenger. A class made entirely of humanoid trainwrecks

The GIG fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 21, 2018

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Conspiratiorist posted:

When Shirou's intestines flew out, the person next to me did that uncomfortable, drawn-out "ugh... unngh..." sound someone makes when they watch the Mr. Hands video for the first time.

I grinned because this is why it had to be a film.

Yeah, things like the pacing, the gore, the music totally stopping during that one scene, that whole backstory sequence at the start, the movie was full of so many small things that made it much more than the sum of its parts. Its that rare movie that's a brilliant film in its own right AND a uniquely perfect adaptation of the source, because it uses its medium to convey the FEELING of the original in a way that's fresh and novel rather than just trying to turn text into motion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The GIG posted:

Avenger. A class made entirely of humanoid

lobo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Is carrying around a dipshit who hasn't noticed he got his head blown off.