Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

Please do not ntr baz
nobody's loving angra, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Angra and Baz aren't an item, they're friends

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

nobody's loving angra, though?

please do not ntr caren

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

please do not ntr caren

caren, angra, and bazett are in a polygamous relationship, just as the Lord intended.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Related, it was not super easy to get the scene in FHA where Bazett/Caren hang out at Shirou's house, but it was sooooo worth it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
That salmon looked real good.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I should finish Hollow Ataraxia one of these days. It's sooooo good, but I keep getting distracted by other stuff like an hyperactive squirrel.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I never saw or played anything Fate before but I watched Apocrypha and hated it. Sieg has one of the worst cases of being a mary sue I've ever seen and Jeanne was painfully boring and it spent way too much time on them. I really liked Mordred and Sisigou though and they kept me going, I liked how their relationship developed and I'm glad they at least got a satisfying conclusion out of it. They were way too underused though, sometimes going 3 episodes at a time without showing up. I turned it off the second they died because I definitely didn't wanna watch two and a half episodes about Sieg and Jeanne

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

A good choice.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SM64Guy posted:

I never saw or played anything Fate before but I watched Apocrypha and hated it. Sieg has one of the worst cases of being a mary sue I've ever seen and Jeanne was painfully boring and it spent way too much time on them. I really liked Mordred and Sisigou though and they kept me going, I liked how their relationship developed and I'm glad they at least got a satisfying conclusion out of it. They were way too underused though, sometimes going 3 episodes at a time without showing up. I turned it off the second they died because I definitely didn't wanna watch two and a half episodes about Sieg and Jeanne

Don’t judge the whole franchise based on Apocrypha. It was pretty bad both in general and compared to most other Fate stuff.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Yeah. Apocrypha was mediocre at best, and the worst Fate anime adaptation, second only to the original adaptation back in the mid 2000s.

It could have been so good, too. :negative:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Watch the psycho one that SHAFT is doing this season, Grafe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly the Apocrypha anime made an incredible attempt at elevating the source material with the stuff they changed/added and how good some of the fight scenes were. Sadly the source material is pretty crap.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

The best Fate anime we're gonna ever have is the Shirou cooking anime and that's fine by me.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I hope we see Shirou do a sous vide cook. Also that we get a follow up with EMIYA cooking food from all over the world for various servants.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The last four episodes of the Apo adaptation and the Jack episode got a lot of lost goodwill from the middle of the series back for me, but i still wouldn't recommend it on the whole. But whew, those sequences in the endgame are glorious.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Watch the psycho one that SHAFT is doing this season, Grafe.

I'm gonna because I like Nero

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Endorph posted:

Honestly the Apocrypha anime made an incredible attempt at elevating the source material with the stuff they changed/added and how good some of the fight scenes were. Sadly the source material is pretty crap.

I really liked some of the fights, specifically all of Mordred's fights and the Achilles/Chiron fight. Other stuff was putting me to sleep like the two lancers constantly fighting and talking for like three episodes because I didn't give a drat about either of them

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The stuff they changed from the non-fights seem worse in every way. But the fights were kinda above-average overall.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

Other stuff was putting me to sleep like the two lancers constantly fighting and talking for like three episodes because I didn't give a drat about either of them
yeah that's the novels

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
This is missing Bazett to be full One Day.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I kind of hate the Last Encore OP animation

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
is this the thread to say i want fate/cooking to get at least a hundred episodes

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Close enough

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsieurChoc posted:

This is missing Bazett to be full One Day.

Oh God I loved that series so much.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

UberJew posted:

is this the thread to say i want fate/cooking to get at least a hundred episodes

only if they contain massive fights in the background while shirou cooks

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Epic sword crash sfx while Shirou stirs the soup for 30 secs.

Pause to Add spice.

Loud but far away explosion sfx.

Shirou continues to stirs pot.

Faint “I am the bone-“

Shirou stop stirring and close the lid to chicken bone soup.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/961148450699186177

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

smol lad

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

where the red fern gropes posted:

only if they contain massive fights in the background while shirou cooks

archer was right there in the credits to the second ep which confirms there must be at least one cooking fight coming up, if that counts

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Caught my eye in Rome, worth seeing it in the cinema even if I don’t know moonspeak or Italian?

edit: Italian dub only actually!

Webcormac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Feb 14, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Webcormac McCarthy posted:

Caught my eye in Rome, worth seeing it in the cinema even if I don’t know moonspeak or Italian?

There's some great UFOtable animation and if you know the story of heaven's feel you can probably guess the dialogue. I'd say it'd be worth it if you've ever wanted to see ufotable's animation on the big screen.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

If you haven't seen it already and know the story of Heaven's Feel, go for it. As said above, the fight animation is glorious, sasuga ufotable.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

e: nevermind

100 degrees Calcium fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 15, 2018

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Decided to wait, only know fate and ubw routes :(

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Decided to wait, only know fate and ubw routes :(

Wise; Heaven's Feel goes places.

On the plus side the blurays are only 3 months away.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I just finished the Saber route for Fate/stay night, my first exposure to a Type-Moon visual novel since playing Tsukihime a decade ago. Shirou's ":ohdear: but you're a giiiirrrrrllll!!!!" poo poo was really annoying, but otherwise I really enjoyed it.

I'd like to move on to Unlimited Blade Works, I'm getting the definite impression that I haven't seen poo poo until I complete each route. But how much re-reading am I looking at here? Is there gonna be a lot of stuff I already read playing through the Saber route last week?

100 degrees Calcium fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you can go to the options and enable skipping already read scenes.