Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Compendium posted:

"did anything interesting happen yet"

Uuh, until now?
A whole double set of Servants was revealed, Gilgamesh died, False Rider died, True Archer is dying via poisoning, Flatt died but was resurrected by something inside him that is now possessing him and apparently programmed to destroy earth, and Ishtar arrived via Einzbern homuncolus possession.
Oh, also apparently the whole classroom of Flatt is collectively True Rider Master.

Also, you know, Narita relapse slowed down the last volumes quite a bit.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

YggdrasilTM posted:

I mean, Narita at least had a good excuse for the delay between volumes.

Yeah but I wanted to whine so I did

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Compendium posted:

I mentioned it on our goon FGO Discord server, but Kingdom Hearts 3, two routes of Tsukihime remake, full rear end light novel chapters in FGO, Toy Story 4, Apocrypha novels AND anime, Babylonia anime, and all the Heaven's Feel movies have been completed in the time SF has just sat there

Even Prillya has had more plot progression and poo poo happening and I don't care about Prillya. Strange Fake's only accomplishment is making me go, "did anything interesting happen yet"

narita talks in the one of the authors notes that his editors stopped him from trying to write from a hospital bed, come on

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Alright, fair.

Basically, my feelings about Strange Fake are that I don't jive with Narita's writing style even though he's known for "big interesting casts." Which probably worked out for at least Durarara and maybe those 30+ volumes of Baccano, but the way it translates to Fate stuff hasn't worked out and the big pauses in between haven't helped that.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 12, 2022

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
noted anime twitter leaker spanku says announcement next month

no other information like a studio or anything

A1 did that trailer a few years back if that counts for much

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Does Strange Fake have a decent point for a "CHAPTER 1" style ending? Because that's a weird rear end choice otherwise

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the novels all generally have pretty hype cliffhanger endings

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gaius Marius posted:

Alexandre Dumas is cool

I really don'Mt like Strange Fake Dumas.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

his powers are cool as hell so far. i didnt watch enough of apocrypha to see how they handle it, but its fun to see someone write fate powers for an author figure

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/Fate_SF_Anime/status/1573566797529620480?s=20&t=OO4tXs32x-2VKeNLlvf0KQ

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TV shows traditionally have endings, so this is a bold decision.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
They can stop at season 1 and wait few years like other anime.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
It's a special, probably a one off episode.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Give Redline anime

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bunko_dengeki/status/1573568387577712640

Volume 8 this winter.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

taser rates posted:

It's a special, probably a one off episode.

Hm. Could end up being an El-Melloi situation, where they do a New Year's special then have a series later in the year.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The demo for the international release of Mahoyo (Japanese/English/Chinese) is available.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

First character art for Strange Fake

https://twitter.com/archetype_moon/status/1593867008478941184?s=20&t=Yh4w2TFfdzaBb8CoL5vsEA

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mahoyo is getting a Physical Release in January

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Redline manga is so loving hype holy poo poo. Last few chapters have been Mori Nagayoshi going beast loving mode on the Imperial Japanese army and his dipshit Master making GBS threads himself while watching his subordinates being massacred.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Plutonis posted:

The Redline manga is so loving hype holy poo poo. Last few chapters have been Mori Nagayoshi going beast loving mode on the Imperial Japanese army and his dipshit Master making GBS threads himself while watching his subordinates being massacred.

Lmao yeah it rules

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

It's time!

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
big mahoyo fan excited to read mahoyo for the first time

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

On the other hand....

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1600419323083837442?s=20&t=RMyuDPuMMkSODNH4HckJQQ

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Gah

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Maho-YOLO

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I remember being really impressed with what I saw of Witch's production values even way back when but dang this is such a nice looking VN

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I remember being really impressed with what I saw of Witch's production values even way back when but dang this is such a nice looking VN

It really is, even with piece of blue glass moon out I still think it's TM's best looking work because of all the fine details of monojitsukuri's scripting and directing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Dantes and Ushiwakamaru have been announced as playables for Melty Blood TL.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/mahoyo_game/status/1602248638276567040?s=20&t=vtbPxcWJUP5RXcs9KGDBfA

Mahoyo sold 110k copies in the first 4 days.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm enjoying Mahoyo a great deal but it is lowkey making me go insane how it locks taking screenshots after a certain point on the Switch.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It's on the Playstation Store right? I have a Switch but also a PS5, and I think I probably prefer it on the PS5?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
some insanely good faces even 30 minutes in

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Aoko has an incredible expression range

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

With so many more good scenes/faces lost to time after a point because of the aforementioned screenshot disable.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Hoping there's a spriterip out there somewhere

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Hoping there's a spriterip out there somewhere

There should be a menu with sprites and CGs

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

welcome to why people have been wanting a western release of mahoyo for... years

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just finished the main story just some loredumps and the extra story left. Really enjoyed it but I was surprised at how much slice of life had the story and how it was what I enjoyed the most. I love these dumb kids.

Also bold of Nasu to make a VN where everyone, with no exception, is a passive-aggressive bitch :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nasu has said mahoyo was mostly just a nostalgia trip thing for him and it kinda shows in how slice-of-lifey it is. its cool