System Message

The forum store is down for maintenance and should reopen in the afternoon/evening (Central time). Thanks again to all the beta testers!
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Silver2195 posted:

• Excalibur had a sheath that protected King Arthur from harm in some way in legend, but until Nasu I don’t believe a connection was ever drawn between the sheath and the land of Avalon, nor did the sheath prevent aging.

I'm not sure if it has basis in another source, but in Marion Zimmer Bradley's Mists of Avalon the sheath is enchanted with old magic from Avalon and is given to him by his half sister Morgaine who is a priestess from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Why can't Saber go incorporeal in UBW, can she normally? Did I miss something about that? I totally don't remember from /zero, and don't care about spoilers if it is one.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 2, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

So uh, what did Rider ride? I was semi-confused earlier before they had said who was who because I thought she seemed like a Caster, until well...Caster showed up.

Maybe I will have to read the stupid VN one of these days after all. :sigh:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Naw, I know this is the general type-moon and spoiler thread and I know who she is from somewhere or another, but forgot all about the Medusa's head >>Pegasus thing. That is a pretty big stretch but whatever, we already got Arturia so anything goes really.

Spoilers aren't a thing that bothers me, so after watching Zero and Carnival Phantasia everything else I know has been from reading things in this forum or just googling poo poo. Up until recently actually going thru or even reading the let's play of the VN itself hasn't had much interest.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 30, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

this show sucks, i liked fate/zero better bad, or let's all post spoilers bad?

or maybe even both?

Both! It's very exciting.

If by exciting you mean having your eyes glaze over and brain go numb.

e: I think i'm going to just stop following it same as I do for almost every super-popular show/movie on this entire set of forums. :sigh:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

HiveCommander posted:

Wait, the Steins;Gate VN got licenced?
My wallet... :cry:

Yes indeed, get on it!
http://www.jbox.com/product/SG001d
:shepspends:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

So what's all this then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCjMABqWdEM

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

Looking forward to Lancer being the best, next episode

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She's from Fate/Grand Order

that's all i know.

e:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-16/fate-grand-order-rpg-new-servant-lancer-previewed-in-tv-ad/.88244

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Open spoilers for all material in this one.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nasu please

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

yes i'm also mad that people we don't like don't post here

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

You're 100% right.

I'm probably just guilty of lumping a bunch of different people's opinions into one big, self-contradictory one.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Did the grail ever work as advertised at any point?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I thought it was pretty decent.

I'm not sure if i'll ever bother to re-watch it at any point, but i definitely had a decent enough time with it. Fwiw i'm only familiar with the nasuverse from Zero, Carnival Phantasm, Garden of Sinners and general animenerd cultural osmosis.

I did just start reading (playing?) the FSN visual novel due mainly to becoming more interested in the setting and storylines because of the UBW anime.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 28, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rodyle posted:

Did you get Realta Nua PC? Because that's the version you should have gotten.

Yep, that's exactly the one.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

I'm really, really curious what you think of the first route Fate, having come at it from presumably knowing all about Zero and of course UBW.

I'll definitely post about it here, when i finish it up....in about 15 years at this rate. It would probably go faster if i could stick it on my tablet or phone.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

fanart is cool

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gently caress this Fate earth

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Anyway, that whole list made me smirk, but Attila the Hun literally made me laugh out loud.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ANN has some more details from the Sakuracon event.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-16/aniplex-reveals-more-details-about-fate-grand-order-game-release-in-u.s-canada/.114901

quote:

Launch Plans
Aniplex plans to release the game with content up through chapter 2 at launch. However, Shiokawa clarified that while Aniplex will release content through chapter 2, the application itself will be a newer version than what was available when chapter 2 came out in Japan. The North American version will include various quality fixes in the app that Aniplex has released in Japan up through this point. Aniplex then plans to update the app with new chapters later.
Aniplex plans to run a campaign for the game before its release, but the campaign might not be the same as the pre-registration campaign that Aniplex ran in Japan.

Similarities and Differences Between Versions
Shiokawa clarified at the press conference that Aniplex plans to import the original game as is to the North American market, and so there will not be any North American- or Japanese-exclusive content such as Servants. However, Aniplex added that it plans to run events and campaigns according to each specific region. Shiokawa said, for example, the game might have a campaign for the anniversary of the launch in North America in the future, or there might be a campaign or event for American holidays such as July 4.
Aniplex plans to run a collaboration event similar to the one in Japan when the Fate/Grand Order: First Order anime came out, but the event for the North American version will coincide with the anime's release in North America, and it may not have the exact same content.

Shiokawa also stated that the North American version will run on the same payment model as it did in Japan, but the pricing might be a little different. The North American version will also have its own in-game support team, and the staff plan to incorporate feedback from fans after the game's launch. The Servants in the game will have the exact same abilities, and the rates for Servants will also be the same.

There's a lot more there, i just grabbed quotes of things i was curious about.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The closest place to me is 3 hours from Seattle down in Vancouver, WA? What the heck? :mad: Why there of all places i wonder? Ah well.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

After finally getting around to starting to read through the original VN, some random impressions:

Huh, Saber is shorter than Rin
There really is a lot of cooking
Shirou: an idiot?
Disheveled morning Rin is very good.
There is a shitload of foreshadowing/obvious in hindsight stuff. (I've watched the UBW anime, and learned about the series in various other ways)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AlternateNu posted:

The hell? Did getting dunked in grail mud make him grow three inches?

His true wish.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Probably still taller than Saber

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/937886536464441344

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Still working my way through the Fate route for the first time; Gil just turned up (RIP Caster) now the aftermath of that is turning everything on it's head; it's great.

I already knew a lot of this stuff, but seeing it actually play out narratively is honestly pretty cool. Like, "no this isn't just a battle royal with legendary figures after all, and all those rules? Well, turn's out they're more like guidelines really"

e: i first posted about starting the vn almost 3 years ago in this very thread. That little hiatus i took after finishing Rin's prologue was a bit longer than i had anticipated.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 17, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rin trying not to die as Shirou is attempting to ask Saber on a date is pretty good.

e: a lovely ending to a lovely day, good job Shirou

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 20, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah Shirou, let's go ask Kotomine about Gil, this is a good plan without any possible downsides.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It actually went even worse than I had anticipated.

I did really like how Lancer is all "not only have I been stuck working with you, who I hate, but you're also the secret master of that rear end in a top hat! :mad: "

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I mean, it seems like neither Rin nor Shirou trusted him all that much, it's just that their imaginations didn't extend to "draining the life force of a bunch of orphans to feed Gil etc etc".

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah! Eat Avalon you smug golden rear end in a top hat.

e: :qq:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 23, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Archer making omurice for Saber might now be one of my all time favorite Fate things.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

the strongest :qq:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Was that the last episode of Cooking With Emyia, or are they going to keep coming out monthly?

:ohdear:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Shirou: Not injected by bugs, had his Saber turn Alter.
Rin: Not injected by bugs, her Archer (who is also a hypothetical future version of Shirou) turned Alter in FGO.
Sakura & Kariya: Injected by bugs, Lancelot and Medusa have never gone Alter.

Clearly, bugs do not alter you at all.

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1082811950508187653

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/incorrectfateqs/status/1081163754581123072?s=19

Hmm, accurate.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nyaa posted:

Or when that is your name that get lit up everytime someone mentions it.

psst, can you hook me up with subs for heaven's feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What!?

https://twitter.com/frog_kun/status/1086116599348682752?s=19

e: not available in the US? Fuckin :rip:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 18, 2019