Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Ytlaya posted:

During that one scene where Sakura is telling her about all the terrible stuff she went through Rin was just sort of like "eh sorry but I just don't care, my life wasn't perfect either" so I'm not so sure about that.

Rin is not so good with the words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

KoB posted:

Also Lancer and his GAY BULGE

My Celtic literature teacher pronounced it that way too and he assuredly did not know about fate/ stay.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

Hercules (Berserker):
• Heracles or Hercules? Nasu uses the Roman Hercules over the Greek Heracles, despite otherwise using the Greek names for figures from Greek Mythology.
• Hercules has an invincible body in some versions of his legend, although this is less popular than the version in which his invincibility comes from the Nemean Lion’s skin: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/2299-Your-Author-quirks/page7?p=806279#post806279
• Hercules makes sense as a Berserker, since Hera made him go mad for a time (possibly on two separate occasions). During his madness, he killed his own children; perhaps his regret over this incident is why he’s so protective of Ilya.
• Rin asserts that Medea would know Hercules from the Argo expedition, but Hercules actually left the group before they met Medea. I guess Rin goofed up again…

Hercules was so famous that Jason kicked his rear end off the ship to keep the adventure focused on him. Everybody in that time knew who Hercules was and they probably all knew he was on the Argo. He was Mythological Superman. There's no way Medea didn't know him.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

YggdrasilTM posted:

Magic Circuits are genetic, so someone born with circuits outside a family is something that may happen. The point is that people born in old magi families have almost surely more powerful magic circuits (Waver was pretty much wrong, and Keyneth was right).

Kayneth is dead and Archer could probably murder any mage no matter how old their family is. Waver was absolutely right.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

It's the only path where the "save everyone" ideal comes out alive (emboldened even thanks to Saber) which then leads into UBW and I don't care that you probably have your finger on a fate/stay-fact™ that disproves me because it just fits so well. :colbert:

I mean Archers arc in UBW culminates in Shirou literally and figuratively slashing his ties to that ideal.

I figure came from a route with Ajax, Fergus mac Roich, and Kanshou and Bakuya.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

HellCopter posted:

That reminds me, did Diarmuid cursing the grail actually mean anything? Because it was pretty cursed at that point anyway.

Cursing their enemies as they die is just a Celtic hero thing. But usually the curses work or are really drat prophetic.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Effectronica posted:

The seven classes of Servant: Italian, French, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Greek, and Thai. (The Grail was corrupted by the Einzbern illegally summoning a Servant of the English class in the Third Cook-Off)

Iron Servant sounds amazing. I'd like to think that Italian class servant Batali would use a giant cheese wheel as his noble phantasm.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Nyaa posted:

The Gilgamesh equivalently of Iron servant will be a Chinese granny who invented Mapo Tofu.

The Assassin equivalent will be the collective chefs who prepared the Manchu Han Imperial feast.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Rodyle posted:

I recall Nasu mentioning he got it from Ciel at some point.

There's no reason why both explanations can't be right. There are a lot of parallel universe Archers.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Myurton posted:

I could be simply that Ciel gets the cloth for it, and that Rin tailors it into a cloak. Cause it was apparently originally a holy shroud.

However Rin is horrible with sewing machines, accidentally cuts the drat thing into 3 pieces, and then gives the mangled piece of fabric to Shirou. Shirou fixes it and puts it over a back bodysuit to hide how ridiculous it looks otherwise. Rin takes credit.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, that preview all but confirmed it.

Which scene was that again? It's been a while.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Compendium posted:

When you make a new UBW thread, in the OP post just write, "no it's not F/Z you fuckers"

UBW is a cooking anime.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

HellCopter posted:

I think I'll watch some Carnival Phantasm in preparation for next week's episode. Illya may be a creepy murderous weirdo, but I'm in no hurry to see Gil tear her heart out of her chest.

For such a weird route, Heaven's Feel ends awfully happily, doesn't it?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Compendium posted:

The full version of Brave Shine has been released today and it's glorious. Ring Your Bell (and the In the Silence version) has been released a while ago.

As for Fate/Grand Order, a new Archer has been revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMu7YeuZEuU

Rama from the Ramanyana?