Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

So I just learned that the author of the doujin(?) that was adapted into the Carnival Phantasm anime is also the author of Kannagi. Can't say I saw that coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Budget Prefuse posted:

the heavens feel normal ending is weird and bad just like akiha's normal ending in tsukihime

It's actually great, but only if it's the first one you see, because it sets you up to be blown away by the actually good one(s).

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

You tell me.

3rei has pretty much proven that Silver Link just can't handle more than one big fight per season. I guess it's not criminally bad or anything, but it absolutely pales in comparison to the manga's still frames.

I'm pretty proud of myself I got that to spin backwards, like that spinning dancer image.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Kyte posted:

btw, it's Fujimaru, not Fujimura. :ssh:
(Maru as in circle, or 0, or O. F G O. Nasu's most on the nose name in the history of ever)

This owns.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Hm, it doesn't, but I looked up the name and the Kanji mean "stand" and "smell/fragrance."

edit: Oh, you said "relates to summer", thought you said "means summer." Though I'm not sure how it relates to summer either.

The more common kanji in that name for "ka" is the one for summer (like if you type in ritsuka in Windows, that's the first thing that comes up; it's both a first name and "the first day of summer"). Also if you flip the order of the actual kanji, it refers to incense sticks, which are associated with Obon, which is associated with summer.

Also it's a pretty feminine name so there are theories it was chosen so it could apply to both male and female versions of the character. Fujimaru, despite being the official last name, sounds a lot like a male first name, which feeds into this theory.

Also if you turn it into romaji it becomes "hujimaru ritsuka" (fu and hu are two different romanizations of the same sound in Japanese), which is an anagram of "hajimari tsukuru", which sort of means like "create a beginning." Apparently there was a similar anagram thing with Kishinami Hakuno?

Also it apparently has some sort of poetic connection to a line by Mashu?

(I don't know anything about FGO, most of this is stolen from fan theories that popped up when I googled the name.)

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I was being 99% facetious, I know FGO's deal. But unless it comes out in English I'm never playing it.

Personally I feel that the various Fate spinoffs have completely diluted anything that was remotely cool or interesting about the original series. I was never even really sold on hollow ataraxia (a game I still have not played), to say nothing of Apocrypha, GO, strange fake, Extra, Extella, etc. etc. etc. After a point it just kind of becomes a blur and the Servants they come up with is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'd much rather they focus on bringing some new properties into that universe. Remember Mahotsukai no Yoru? I barely do.

I think HA is basically just a glorified fan disk, almost like a VN version of Carnival Phantasm (but with a story tacked on)?

I haven't actually played or read any of the spin-off stuff, excluding CP, but the impression I get from the bits I see posted of it is that it's fairly standard (if fanservice heavy, in all senses of the term) shounen fare + the servant gimmick (which is a pretty good gimmick). Is that accurate, or am I way off base here?

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Thanks for the write-up! I didn't realize mobage could actually have stories more in-depth than like vanilla Touhou games, so it's interesting to hear that about F/GO.

Nate RFB posted:

I'm kind of down with Apocrypha if only for the Akira Ishida character designs.

What the hell is the state of the Fate series timeline at this point? SN/Zero/HA was straightforward enough being direct sequels or prequels to each other but I presume that everything else is just sort of their own self-contained thing.

I don't think HA is canon per se, more like "this is stuff that could have happened in various other timelines. don't think too hard about it."

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Nyaa posted:

Your torn apart wallet.

So that's where he got all that money to give out for New Year's.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

PrinnySquadron posted:

Some kind of VR thing is happening, though I cant tell excatly what it is about.

I'm lolling at that winter event name being The Da Vinci-chan Code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

It is haram to watch Carnival Phantasm without having played Tsukihime

What if you just watched the Tsukihime aniー