Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

that's a dungeon crawler!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

AlternateNu posted:

They'd have to do an alternate universe cross-over thing like with Ryougi. I'm pretty sure he doesn't exist (in the same form) in the Tsukihime timeline.

Really, the just need to make a Fate edit of the MBCC. F/UC and F/GO Arcade were poo poo.

I used to think Arc System Works making a Servant-based fighting game was pretty likely until I saw they were making a Dungeon Fighter Online fighting game, which made me think the line to get them to make a fighting game is probably a long one

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
i think it's different when there's a vampire with an extended lifespan involved though

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
My grasp of non-Fate stuff is a bit tenuous, but this is the story where Aoko is actually a character in the present and not just a fondly remembered mentor figure, right?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Is Mahoyo relatively short or something? Or maybe because Mahoyo's anime is coming out first? Could it be since it's a remaster instead of a remake, the translation was able to get underway faster, without a lot of behind the scenes production stuff??? I DEMAND ANSWERS THAT I AM NOT ENTITLED TO AND WILL LIKELY NEVER GET

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Does Strange Fake have a decent point for a "CHAPTER 1" style ending? Because that's a weird rear end choice otherwise

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
On one hand, it's a Koei-Tecmo game specifically developed by Omega Force. In my book that makes it 90% likely to be Musou.

That being said, the existing 10% means it could be like... Toukiden?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This is still a done-in-one TV special right? The way they delayed it from New Years eve has kind of muddled the issue

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Watching the Strange/Fake special made me realize: Enkidu and Arc have pretty similar powersets, right? With the former being sort of "A living weapon made out of nature itself" and the latter being "The planet's sentient immune response against humanity." How many magnitudes more powerful is the latter? I remember hearing something about "continental ping pong" but that'd be a pretty stupid thing for her to be able to do, considering it wouldn't just wreck up humanity, but a bunch of other stuff too.

Then again, maybe that would be the planetary equivalent of an allergy.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I keep seeing S/R referred to as a Musou game, but it looked more like a regular action RPG from what I saw? There was no screen filled to the brim with disposable cannon fodder and triple digit killcounts, at least in the bits I saw

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Making me wonder if they sat on it to release with the English language version

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Between her hangups, assorted nerfs, her specialization, her relative lack of ruthlessness in the context of a ritual designed by morally corrupt mages, it's not a surprise to me that Saber doesn't really look great in her various appearances.

She's like Superman in the Justice League cartoon. Dropped in the middle of a giant combat arena 1v1 just about anyone else (in FSN anyway) she'd probably win easily, but circumstances/the narrative conspire against her.

Which is a better excuse for losing than Gilgamesh, who is the embodiment of that one image macro from G-Reco

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Not Keyser Soze posted:

who....cares? In most pieces of fiction a fight has very little to do with the fight itself and more about what it's accomplishing for the characters or narrative. The actual winner is irrelevant. FGO adaptations might be different because adapting games always means showing the viewer how super serious you are about knowing all the names of all the silly powers.

I heartily disagree with this. While it's true that on a narrative level that's the short and long of it, if the bullshit procedural rules-based (even if said rules are defied a lot) nonsense didn't matter, there wouldn't be so many things that go into such excruciating detail in regards to them

The pro wrestling comparison gets made a lot, because it's valid: even if the outcome is predetermined due to the nature of plot more than anything else, everything else is a big part of whether or not that outcome comes across as something significant or just "and then X won"

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

StrixNebulosa posted:

Of the original fate/stay night servants I respect Saber’s strength but I think Lancer, then Archer are more compelling as characters.

I really enjoy seeing strong characters be dealt a poo poo hand yet working with it, and Lancer does that in spades, while Archer arguably has the best hand in the war (Rin) and he kind of squanders it in his quest for… vengeance? Self-gratification?

self-vengeance

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm calling it, it's gonna hit around the time that Arc hits in FGO NA

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The fact that there's no date on it despite it having been announced for a year now is mildly disconcerting

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I like UBW best because it's resolution is more about beating up a bunch of jerks. A reconciliation ending is fine, in general, but is never really all that satisfying to me in a story that is otherwise action packed. Telling me "There are some problems you can't project an infinite amount of swords at" in the story where the best part is projecting an infinite number of swords is a real buzzkill.

I wonder how seriously considered the the Sakura and Kohaku stuff was in terms of something that Nasu really wanted to write about, or if it was a concession to the market, at the time. Be interesting to see how the latter is represented in the second half of the Tsukihime remake, assuming it ever comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I've said it before, and I'll say it a million times again, the Type Mooniverse is the closest thing Japan has to Marvel and/or DC Comics, and (for me) that's a good thing!