Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Squallege posted:

The only reason I watched Tsukihime was to get the jokes in Carnival Phantasm. Carnival Phantasm is the best.
It one of the few shows that always tempts me to watch the OP and ED each time I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's rather impressive just how little Kotomine said in that episode was actually true.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Myurton posted:

Saber (UBW route spoilers) Yeah Rin just has a poo poo ton of mana or something apparently
She's supposed to be one of the top 100 Association mages of all time and her family's specialty is energy transfer, if anyone could wrangle up a ton of mana it's going to be her.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Causality can be wonky with the grail, so maybe the mark simply appeared before Shirou summoned Saber even though the summoning caused the mark, much like Rin's necklace served as the catalyst to summon Archer Emiya before it was linked to Shirou when she healed him with it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Aumanor posted:

New episode of UBW is up and, following the pattern of alternating acton and breather/exposition it's mostly a talky one. Not much for people who already played the VN, but there's still some eye candy in the form of Shirou's Tracing. Oh, and they somehow keep finding ways to make Shinji's smug face even more punchable.
Next episode: Fall Down, Your Mind. Oh, and also it seems that they'll include Elegant Moonlight: VS Assassin from the Fate route to show off some of Sasak's moves. Makes sense, I guess.
It's neat all the little hints that UBW is dropping once you know what's actually going on. Things like Caster calling Shirou the weakest master by far after Shinji admitted that he has no mana, or Archer's sophistry about Heroic Spirits being stripped of their will, after we've seen him defy Rin, suggesting that he's not actually a Heroic Spirit.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Cake Attack posted:

sakura isn't a matou, and he means the new generation of matous aren't mages anymore.

Shinji would be the weakest master because unlike Shirou he has literally no mana, but Sakura is the real master and that's foreshadowing that

i think
That's what I was getting at.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Cake Attack posted:

in other news, lots of buff dudes in this japanimation:

i'm 'miring
All anime guys are on a cut cycle all the time.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Fangz posted:

Shirou's projection copies the skill and experience and to some extent, the strength associated with the use of the object, not just the object itself.
IIRC this is why UBW can stand up to Gate of Babylon; Gilgamesh's stuff retains all of its original strength, but he doesn't have any particular skill at using them, while Shirou/Archer can bring out more of the strength from their relatively weaker projections.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kyte posted:

The grail played favorites and had already set aside the Saber slot for him. :v:
I presumed that was causality wonkiness, sort of like how Rin's jewel ended up being a catalyst to summon Archer Emiya because it would be used to heal Shirou from near-death a few days later.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Twiddy posted:

I think the most telling post in the Fate/Zero thread was someone posting an article/paper that people who super seriously subscribe to utilitarianism are very unhappy people. Even if it's not uncommon, that doesn't stop it from being childish or toxic.
If you delve too deeply into the utilitarian weeds, you'll stumble upon Peter Singer rocking back and forth asking himself why people get so upset when he says it should be okay to kill babies.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Silver2195 posted:

my pet theory is that Archer hooked up with Ciel, since she's the one who gave him his shroud.
For some reason I thought that was Rin. Or was it just that she turned it into Archer's clothes?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
This thread is for determining once and for all whether Shiki can kill Servants.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Compendium posted:

I have to say, there's some sort of grim accomplishment in having the first thread I made an OP post for being so terrible

Wait no that's nothing to be proud of
I warned you about Fate threads, bro.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GhostStalker posted:

Welp, apparently from news filtering out of AX, Heaven's Feel will only be one feature length movie... Miura apparently wanted to a six hour production, but that was nixed.

Not sure how I feel about this, though my hype levels are going way down now...
Worst production for the worst heroine. :colbert:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
There also seem to be a bunch of other factors that Rin was relying on in her ritual to affect the outcome; that's why she was so upset that she forgot that her clock was off and didn't do it at the time she intended to.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

BlitzBlast posted:

They already confirmed HF will be one movie.

It's gonna be a mess.

UBW remains The Best Route with The Best Heroine and The Best Adaptation. :smug:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Space Flower posted:

I thought she dressed like a furry

I think that was more Caligula's deal.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Posts are useless without pics for those of us who don't play foreign-language-only slot machines.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
That is some Grade A Rinblush.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grausherra posted:

Even the final art gargles balls

She looks like a knockoff Tharja.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tarezax posted:

Emiya Shirou: Ace Attorney

Investigate crime scenes and grill witnesses as you attempt to find out who killed Lancer

And then it turns out it was a Murder on the Orient Express scenario.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

(and also marrying Taiga :raise:)

Reverse Hikaru Genji success.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Lord Koth posted:

Except that of those 3, only Semiramis actually has any Divinity. The other two have High Speed Divine Words, but that's not actually related to being personally related to the gods. It's just some odd affectation the three of them have for no real given reason.

Is Divinity limited to actual deities and not demigods? Medea was the granddaughter of Helios (and Circe was the daughter of Helois and a nymph).

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bakanogami posted:

FHA was the peak of this franchise.

Funny way of spelling Carnival Phantasm.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Conspiratiorist posted:

Hey, presage flower was great; I don't know if they'll manage to keep it up, but that was the good poo poo.

Agreed on Last Encore, though. It fondly reminds me of Melody of Oblivion, blended with Monogatari, and Fate just liberally sprinkled on for flavor.

Hey, someone else who remembers and likes Melody of Oblivion!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

DamnGlitch posted:

Are people getting cash prizes for pointing out instances of sexist behavior and out stubborning every attempt to contextualize it? Otherwise I’m not sure why we have to have this circular rear end argument every time the Fate route comes up. Yes, Shirou says sexist things. Yes, it’s part of his character development, and an attitude that the story demonstrates shows both to be a silly thing to believe and ridiculous in context (the girl(s) in question being powerful combatants). Yes, it reflects in some way the authors own thoughts and working through of the subject matter. No, it’s not indicative of a horrible character flaw in the author that the whole work needs to be censured for. There are plenty of other weird rear end things in fsa worthier of that attention, as dreary as going over it again is.

Are we seriously supposed to re-evaluate every work of fiction by hyper-reactionary rubrics? And disavow them because they don’t fit perfectly in the modern framework a small cadre has decided is the gold standard?

How much of this is authentic, and how much of it is bad faith? You can not like a thing and not continually try to relitigate it’s worthiness in a space put aside for people who, broadly, enjoy it.

Welcome to Glorious People's Republic of Current Year.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
F/GO makes the Wall Street Journal (paywalled)

Dude spent $71k on rolls, and plays the game most of his waking hours. It seems like he made a ton of money in the stock market and now just lives the patrician NEET lifestyle.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bakanogami posted:

The poor guy's whole thing is stabbing people in the heart but everything keeps going wrong for him.
E-rank Luck stats, man.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bakanogami posted:

Isn't Kotomine canonically dead in like every possible timeline leading out of the holy grail war? Including Hollow Ataraxia, which Emiya Gohan seems to be vaguely based in.

We already had one episode set in the past, no reason they couldn't do that for Kotomine.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kyte posted:

if KnK and Tsuki can't connect then Mahoyo and Tsuki can't connect either.

Ahnenerbe, nyaa!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Conspiratiorist posted:

To elaborate, the stunts she pulled are achievable through the 2nd Magic; she could've brought in a Soujuurou from a parallel universe, replaced herself or channeled in the experiences of herself from multiple parallel worlds, and some of the combat techniques Touko theorized Aoko applied like side-stepping from reality or wearing thousands of herself over herself also fall within the purview of "interaction with parallel worlds".

But Aoko specifically wasn't doing that. She arbitrarily detached a chronological event and shuffled it to the end of the universe it wouldn't bother her. She swapped herself out for a version of herself from several years into the timeline so that she'd be an expert magus capable of taking Touko on. And her moves were making big sis mad because she was sure Aoko was, with casual ease, doing something incredibly absurd to overcome all the contingencies Touko had put in place.

Please tell me this is how she became the beef-eating champion, by casually using impossible magic that most mages would kill their entire extended families for a glimpse of in order to shuffle off her fullness to the end of the universe.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Wondering if Ms. Adashino's interest in Waver will end up being something other than purely professional.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Conspiratiorist posted:

Yeah, Excalibur trumps God Hand, and at full power it's even able to eliminate several "lives" in one go.

It's a powerful conceptual ability and hard counter to most sure-kill gimmicks (ie Gae Bolg), but it just doesn't work well against miracles of equivalent rank or superior rank.

IIRC Caliburn also took 5 lives at once.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

nrook posted:

My favorite example of this is "Conceptual Weapons," a special class of weapon with an unclear definition which, as far as I know, has only come up because Ciel was confused about Tohno Shiki's knife.

Isn't 7th Holy Scripture a Conceptual Weapon?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

"best CP episode" is kind of a hard question actually

Not if you're the FBI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Kinoko Nasu, write like the wind
You're not getting younger, and the remake's not done