Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

What about Luvia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Wark Say posted:

Is Hollow Ataraxia the one where Lancer's real master shows up? Y'know, the lady with the badass "hitman" look.

Yes, she also owns his dad's sword.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Wark Say posted:

What? A Takeshi's Castle minigame? What the gently caress? :crossarms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf4IXGlKzd0

This carnival phantasm bit is an actual game in FHA.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Paracelsus posted:

Isn't 7th Holy Scripture a Conceptual Weapon?

Yes, IIRC its core is basically a unicorn horn inscribed with an elaborate treatise written by The Holy Church that can be summed up as "Reincarnation is Bullshit and here is Why". Its an absolute rejection of the concept of Reincarnation/Immortality.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Conceptual Weapons are crazy poo poo and its even better when they interact.

Gaé Bolg is a demonic spear that reverses causality. The thrust spear strikes you because it has already pierced your heart.
Fragarach is a divine sword that cannot unleash its true power until the enemy attacks first, it then reverses time and strikes down the enemy before they can launch their attack.

What happens when the two weapons are used against eachother? Awesome/Stupid Nasu Bullshit.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 18, 2020

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Hommando posted:

I tried googling this but couldn't find a good answer. How long is the main story of FGO? I cannot stand gacha games, but I can probably deal with the gameplay if the story is decent.

Part 1 is Seven main story chapters (of increasing length and quality as the game gains in popularity) bookended by a prologue and epilogue chapter
Then there is Epic of Remnant which is 4 decent sized interim adventures
Then there is Part 2: Cosmos in the Lost Belt, which is so far a prologue and 4.5 story chapters (the English version is only up to the prologue).

Honestly, if you're not interested in the gameplay, it might be better just to watch playthroughs on youtube?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Endorph posted:

Yeah I'd recommend watching on youtube. Be sure to watch the event stories, too, a lot of the best writing is in those.

I agree the events often have some of the best writing (especially for the more light-hearted side of Fate), but the only event stories I would consider "plot critical" would be the Prison Tower (which introduces reoccurring character, Edmon Dantes) and the CCC Collab event (which is basically a fifth Epic of Remnant Chapter).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Okeanos is a fun little adventure, but like all the early chapters, it would probably be so much better if rewritten and cleaned up to the standards the game now has with new story content.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Medusa also is sipping on Shirou’s blood on the sly and is quietly terrified of Sakura finding out.

But at least she has a job, unlike a certain freeloading King of knights KNEETs. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Looks like Studio BB is remaking Fate Extra? If its anything like Last Encore its gonna have some changes from the original. IIRC there was also a lot of stuff they had to cut in development of extra, I wonder if any of that will make it back in.

I just hope they've improved the battle system, what the video shows isn't super encouraging, but it IS different... somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3GbQejb5CM&t=209s

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Takeuchi's Fashion sense is always an adventure.

TBF some of the outfits he's given characters are really good (Casual Jeans+turtleneck Sweater Medusa. Medea's Denim Jacket and skirt, Cu's Aloha shirt, etc)

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 6, 2021

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I can't remember how she got it, but its her "nice clothes" for a date with Shirou.

Its not the least bit flattering on her. Maybe if the colors were different...

[edit] Nah, its not much of an improvement...

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 6, 2021

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Typically in the different takes on the myth, Mordred was able to launch their rebellion because they were left in charge of Camelot while Arthur was out on campaign, because Mordred was the most talented administrator of the Knights.

A very amusing picture when imagining our Mordred. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dr Pepper posted:

Fun fact one older academic theory is that the the Perseus vs Medusa myth is a mythological retelling of a older Greek civilization defeating a different civilization. That does line up a bit with the Fate version of the Gorgons.

Wasn’t that Ancient Minoan Empire based out of Crete big on snakes somehow, from what little we can tell? We know so little about that pre-Grecian Culture, not even what to properly call it. They were a superpower in the Aegean and Mediterranean and then they just... weren’t.