Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Calling it now: The reason there's been a relative drought of new FGO content lately (aside from Covid poo poo) is to ration the game's plot out and keep it from wrapping up the story long enough that the long-delayed Tsukihime Remake can still be released in tandem with a Golden Week collab event. The ultimate in cross-brand synergy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Holy poo poo I was kidding about the fgo slowdown coinciding with the Remake release, what the gently caress

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Argas posted:

They're just edgy posing hands.

Valkyrie there can be excused as chuuni posing, but Jeanne there has some serious boneitis

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Takeuchi may do edgelord hands sometimes but he does have a good clean style and a sense for distinctive design, and lord knows he's refined it over the last 15 years of Saber drawings. Yeah he has a sameface problem, but so do lots of artists. You think the Mona Lisa has the same facial proportions as Leonardo's self portrait cuz of Illuminati messages telling you to be sure to drink your Ovaltine? That's just how he drew faces, artists have templates for stuff.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Which Servant smokes the most weed?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Finally, "Altria" will be undisputably canon

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The Sakura and Kohaku stuff makes more sense when you remember Nasu was a big Revolutionary Girl Utena fan

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

Soooooo...Taiga shoots him? I don't know poo poo about F/GO stories.

I think the implication is Alternate Timeline Emiya's Hero of Justice duties sent him to clear out Kiara's extremist cult of debauchery, and found Taiga was one of them and couldn't be talked down

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

his death was faked and was kept around as an extrajudicial remover of threats by the world government. Which certainly didn't help the mental state he eventually entered the Throne in either.

...you know, sometimes I read things like this about Emiya being a Global Illuminati liquidator, and it reminds me that, even outside of all the magibabble metaphysics and rear end in a top hat wizards and vampires and stuff, this fictional universe is weird. It's like how you sometimes forget that one of Shiro's high school teachers is a no-poo poo yakuza princess, and also one of them is loving Agent 47? Nothing to do with the Grail War, just a total coincidence. Stuff like that is just running around in the background unnoticed and only comes up when it happens to intersect the main magic plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Did they ever actually definitively establish if Medusa has the whole Poseidon rape backstory that Ovid gave her? Or is it more Hesiod's "oh yeah she's some demigod that was always a bit hosed up" from the Theogony?