Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

The correct answer is "set it in the Hollow Ataraxia timeline."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

And this is why Hollow Ataraxia is the best timeline to set stuff in, because it gives us the most potential for maximum waifu/husbando.

And nothing of value was lost.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Bakanogami posted:

Which are you talking about then? IIRC the only characters from earlier works explicitly namedropped in pre-extra Fate were Zelretch and Touko, both of whom are quite consistent in their portayals across every single Type Moon work, outside of the change in Touko's visual design.

Also Dead Apostles are absolutely a thing in the Fate timeline. All we know is that for *Unexplained Reasons* they're weaker somehow, and that the Dead Apostle Ancestors don't exist. The individuals who made it up do, but some of them aren't as active, and the "organization" itself doesn't exist. They explicitly show up in FGO, El-Melloi case files, and Zero, and I think I remember there being mentions of them in S/N and HA.

Angra Mainyu brings up Primate Murder and ORT during a conversation with Bazett in HA, though he doesn't explicitly call them out by name, instead referring to them as "the dog and the spider."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Nero is lame though, would have owned if it had Gilgamesh as the servant.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Think of reality as being like a video game.

Having access to magecraft is like having access to an in-game cheat menu.

Having access to True Magic is like being able to alter the game's source code to make changes to it while it's running.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Robviously posted:

Just give me Chaldea Gohan dammit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkNQu4PdCh4

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKwF4UmqvrI

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i just finished f/ha and adding onto the lancer talk i like that presumably after all of that his life is now just awkwardly getting bounced around between caren and bazett while he just wants to fish and work part-time jobs

Being Lancer is suffering.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly it's mostly that they've basically retold the entire Arthur story Nasu-style and, personally, i'd rather they went for other interesting mythologies

3K has the advantage of having a bajillion characters who all did at least something badass at some point that can be exaggerated Nasu-style

I wanna see what kinda bonuses Liu Bei's baby-tossing skill confers.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

lets talk about whats truly important to putting rot3k servants in: power levels

could lancer guan yu throw down with the knight class heracles???
shouldn't berserker be lu bus weakest class?????
wouldnt it be funny if they made yuan shu a shinji-face????

The canon explanation in Extra for Lu Bu being summoned as a Berserker instead of any of the other classes he qualifies for is because it's the only way to ensure he doesn't betray you.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I still want Caster Samuel Clemens as a low rarity Quick-support Caster.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Fun fact: the man had a huge crush on Jeanne d'Arc.

Yep, that's another reason I'd like to see him added.

Plus I'd want to see his reaction to learning that King Arthur was a woman.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

Is he related to simon belmont?

Not that I'm aware of, no.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

Reminder that we have pretty boy Tesla and his death ray, and Charles Babbage as a loving steampunk giant mecha in FGO.

TM can come up with some crazy historical Servants when they feel like it.

Don't forget lion-headed, rainbow-winged superhero Presi-king Thomas Edison.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

The F/SN remake will only have a caster rider shinji berserker shirou route as new content

... wait a sec...

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Terrible Opinions posted:

The real baffling thing is that Shirou doesn't immediately take wizard bloodsports as an excuse to murder Shinji upon hearing he's in the war.

Shirou is a good boy who wants to be a hero of justice that saves everybody.

That includes saving the bad guy from themselves. On some level, Shirou still wants to believe that Shinji can be salvaged and become a good person.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Saber's wish pre-4th War is basically to redo her reign over Camelot, to essentially "get it right this time around."

It's something that tends to get glossed over and played for laughs, but one of Saber's defining negative traits is her obsessive drive to win and her inability to gracefully accept defeat. In her mind, a King has to be perfect, and that means she can't lose, ever, for any reason. It's part of why the fall of Camelot weighs so heavily on her; if she'd been a better King, a perfect King, Camelot wouldn't have fallen. So she wants to try again, so she can "win" the second time around.

Saber's wish post-4th War is to undo her reign entirely. Let someone else pull the Sword of Selection, let someone else bear the burden. She failed to save her Kingdom, and then in the 4th War, on the cusp of victory, she was betrayed by her Master and lost her chance to fix it and make it right. All of the horrible things she suffered through were for nothing. The 4th War broke her so badly that she was basically ready to completely give up entirely.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking as someone who has only ever experienced the original F/SN through the Deen anime, the Ufotable UBW, and the archived LP from this forum, I would absolutely pay full AAA game retail price for an official localization of the original visual novel.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Bakanogami posted:

Type Moon just launched several new manga series, including one about historical cooking and one about some FGO part 2 characters NA players should probably wait to look at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0edD_Gsw8

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

Get revenge on who though?

Off the top of my head:

1. Shirou.
2. Rin.
3. The Matous (Sakura, Shinji, Zouken).

For Shirou, it'd be pretty much the same reasons as in the original story - she wants revenge on Kiritsugu for betraying the Einzberns and abandoning her, and since Kiritsugu is already dead by this point, she'll take it out on Shirou, the child that Kiritsugu abandoned her for.

For Rin and the Matous, it's because even though their families originally collaborated with the Einzberns to set up all the systems for the War and provide the land for it, by not just letting the Einzberns take first dibs and instead attempting to acquire the Grail for their own ends, they're effectively preventing the Einzberns from pulling out of their slow decline. So, you know, typical Nasuverse mage politics.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I've heard that the manga adaptation of Heaven's Feel changes the story a bit by making it so that while Shinji was still an abusive jerk, he never raped Sakura, and he ultimately ends up having a heel realization and teaming up with Shirou and the others to try and save her.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

YggdrasilTM posted:

The HF manga is still in movie 1 territory, so no.
Maybe you are thinking of the Fate manga.

As I said, I've only ever heard about it secondhand; I've never read the manga adaptation of F/SN, and thought that it covered all three routes sequentially or something. I was also unaware they were doing a new manga adaptation of the Heaven's Feel route on its own.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

And of course, you can weaponize your own concept or utilize it as a force to warp the material world around you. :psyduck:

Also, don't forget that long term exposure to powerful magical crap can also alter your concept from what it started out as into something completely different.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

A Single Sphink posted:

I'm gonna stroll in here like a simpleton and say I like Quetzalcoatl because she likes lucha libre and does solar ax kicks.

:hmmyes: This is the correct reaction to Quetzalcoatl.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I don't think Gil tries to hide his identity in FSN. It's basically just the women and Archer who do.

Yeah, the twist with Gil in the Fate route isn't his identity, it's the fact that he's present at all.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Aurora posted:

saber for smash

:yeah:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

....is that Dog Knight from Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer as the Lancer's Master? :stare:

Yep.

Pity the poor fool for having the misfortune to have summoned Lu Bu in a non-Berserker class.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

I thought Link was just an expansion with the same story but more characters, it has its own story mode?

It's a completely new story.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Still waiting for a spinoff starring Charlie and Astolfo that's basically just, "Jackass but with Servants."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Plutonis posted:

does that mean the tsukihime fanbase will stop complaining

Tsukihime fans' 「Will to Complain」 has no inherent ending, so not even Mystic Eyes of Death Perception could end it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Thuryl posted:

I've always thought that ORT looks exactly like an Etrian Odyssey postgame boss, which I guess is fitting

Even in FGO!
O! R! T!
Even in TsukiRe!
O! R! T!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Maho-YOLO

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Artoria, the one from fate/zero and fate/stay night, has not really shown up in grand order as a character much at all? We've seen alternate versions of her (short incomplete list):

- in the Camelot arc she's a version who kept the Rhongomyniad instead of taking Excalibur, and has a different arc.
- in the Shinjuku mini arc we meet her Alter who is an ally who spends most of her time sniping at Jeanne Alter
- in Lost Belt 6 we meet a version of her who didn't draw the sword, and became a mage instead (LB6 just dropped in north america so everyone's all excited talking about the crazy twists it takes)

but yeah, we haven't visited the OG Artoria much. Which I'm okay with, her arc in f/sn is really good.

e: poo poo I forgot, we also have dude King Arthur from the prototype version. What's his deal? I don't know, I don't have him and I haven't looked up his stuff yet.

OG Artoria showed up in the Summer 1 event, where she got her Archer Swimsuit version, and mostly just existed for jokes about her limitless appetite and to occasionally dunk on Mordred.

I think Nasu's mentioned in the past that he feels like OG Artoria's story is basically complete after the events of F/SN, so while she'll show up in other games (like FGO or the Extella games), she's never really going to get any kind of major focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Isn't part of Shirou's problem that, in addition to being trained wrong, he actually has around the average number of magical circuits you'd expect for a mage, but all of them except like two are specialized for using his reality marble?