Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Ruler BB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Same difference as Vlad the protector of Wallachia and Vlad the bloody impaler then.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Everyone gets the short end of the stick in at least one route.

Except for Rin I guess, who is okay in all 3.

And Lancer, who eats poo poo in all 3.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hahaha.

So a bunch of Servants in FGO got updated voicelines recently, one of them being Siegfried.
And in one of his new voicelines he talks about his legendary cursed treasure, Das Rhinegold, and that after his death it eventually found its way to a family of German alchemists called the Einzberns. He then concludes by saying he hopes the curse wasn't passed along too...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I imagine Salter went back to the hill too in the HF timeline(s).

"My queen, why have you suddenly become two shades paler? And why are your eyes gold now?"
"Bedivere, I feel like I have just woken up... from a very long dream."
"Oh?"
"It loving sucked." *dies*

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 29, 2018

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Isn't MHXA the Starbucks (or 'Spacebucks')

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

anglachel posted:

So is Emiya at the end of Unlimited Blade Works supposed to be basically a demi servant afterwords? The whole demi servant concept is kinda confusing me

Going by FGO terminology, a Demi-Servant is a designer baby who has had a heroic spirit summoned and implanted in them from day one.

Summoning and letting a Heroic Spirit indwell you after you've grown up for a while as a normal human is a Pseudo-Servant.

Emiya in UBW is a human, more or less.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think fan interpretations of him being a troll/jerk comes from him foisting off the Kaleidosticks on Rin and Luvia.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I am pretty sure that for most people now FGO is how one gets into the franchise.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Takuechi wrote all the sex scenes and let the world think it was Nasu who did it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

In Extella Nero claims she's a virgin, which errrrrr

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yes but Raita also gave us Moriarty.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Summary posted:

There used to be a big war back then. The war ended and the world became peaceful. Everyone now has "Holy Grail" and summon a servant denoted by fate. Only one girl, Erice Utsumi, does not have it. The girl encounters a servant boy who was last summoned in the world. But she still does not know her fate.

Uh. Hm.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Congrats, Ozymandias is one of the best Servants in the game so that was a nice bit of luck. (Unfortunately due to being a later release some of his level up requirements are gated behind later story chapters)

Also there's a dedicated thread for Grand Order in games so you can head there to ask for advice or Friends if you want:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823670&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Prisma's canonicity is dubious to Nasuverse. And if we take FGO as canon it comes from a different Universe (as distinct to timeline) because it wasn't incinerated by the BadMan.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Babylonia anime on October 2019

Camelot Movies scheduled for 2020.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if anything starring/heavily involving Jeanne Alter will ever be animated.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You'd think that if she didn't like her resemblance to Seibah so much Waver would help tell her not to wear her hair in the exact same way the King of Knights did.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Also is Babylonia an alternate timeline?

Yes it follows the Fate/Grand Order timeline.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also both Saber Alter and Jeanne Alter have incredibly pale skin compared to their OG counterparts.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

His FGO profile implies that at least part of the reason he's content to remain locked in Avalob forever is that he sees it as penance for meddling with Saber's destiny.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I hope Type Redline turns out good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Cursed Arm Hassan was used as a major player in a main storyline chapter but it's not like there's a lot to mine in backstory or characterization from his FSN showing.

Kojirou also gets a part to play during the Part 1.5 anthology stories.

Lastly Heracles and Medea have relatively more minor roles in story chapters (I'm counting Medea Lily as a separate character here)

Overall it's not really a huge gulf. Gilgamesh technically shows up but his role and personality is far enough removed from FSN Gilgamesh that I don't think he'll spark confusion.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The other solution is to bring 2 Merlins, which confuses the AI into splitting her attacks

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

That line was a reference to a comic that joked about how Double Merlin+ Buster Servant was the go-to team composition for those who didn't want to bother thinking about game difficulty.

https://www.imgur.com/a/1XA2vCr

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There's also lots of Shin Godzilla mixed in later.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Gilgamesh gets defeated in FGO by way of this cunning strategy:

1) Get him blind drunk
2) Dogpile him with 5 Servants at once.

Alternatively sit his rear end in his throne room until he succumbs from overwork. Either or.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

All the part 1.5 sections have their own mangas ongoing, CCC included.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Fashionably late as always

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Give Redline anime

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dantes and Ushiwakamaru have been announced as playables for Melty Blood TL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Qin Shi Huangdi