Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He is also Trunks... they are both Trunks's... er, Trunksi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gil is the super coolest because he's an arrogant rear end in a top hat, but it adds to his regality and personality unlike every other arrogant character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AlternateNu posted:

Anyone have that scene where he goes all submissive to French Maid Saber Alter? :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-MrMfx-8a8&t=434s

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pick Gil because not only does he relentlessly spoil the story, but he just doesn't give a poo poo and it's so great.

I love him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here is your weekly reminder that Shiro owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_CjygdKQs8

TY for your patronage.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
For him to be Walter he'd need to have quotable lines that aren't: "NO, THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!" Or anything else he says during the Grail's mindfucking of him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xoidanor posted:

The grail neatly dissecting just how stupid his way of life had been with the rigged boat dilemma was no joke the best non-action part of Fate/Zero.

I love Fate/Zero because never had I seen a show which just unmercifully shat on a character archetype like Kiritsugu so loving thoroughly. It was beautiful. I laughed the entire way through because of how awesome the whole thing was.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 24, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

Everything with Kariya was pretty great too.

Basically if you are a character with greater motivations beyond pleasing yourself you got hosed hard in Fate/Zero.

Except Kayneth, he got hosed the most.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Tell me how this makes you feel

Gross, Diarmuid is a knight. Treat him with more respect than this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mr. Grail, Mr. Grail! The UBW thread thinks Shiro is lame!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

jellycat posted:

Here you go.

The Good Post Magnet!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Archer is cool and I await to hear Junichi Suwabe's dulcet tones wax and wane on why Shiro is the dumbest motherfucker ever, then he gets beaten by a teenager in a battle of wills.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

i hope there is a dub and liam O'brian reprises his role as archer

Same but add Gilgamesh as Grant George

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They do, probably.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I honestly don't care.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Make me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's sad that Shinji and Sakura are pretty much defined by their relationship with one another.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shinji is probably one of the least lovely people Mato bloodline-wise and that's not to say Shinji is a saint, that's to say the Mato's were all worse people than Shinji in every way, somehow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I never liked Kariya and by the time he had Lancelot attack Gilgamesh solely to show off to Tokiomi I was on board with someone pushing his poo poo in far more than I ever was with Shinji. Not to say Shinji's not a piece of poo poo, but I found Kariya an easier character to want to see get punched in the face, which sucks since the dude had good intentions and Shinji is just pure scumbag.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I doubt Nasu doesn't know so much as he doesn't care, he'll just apply what he feels to the subject and that's that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can be your hero, baby.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hot anime teenagers in hot anime situations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm just waiting... I'm just waiting for Archer betrayal, then everything from there is pure joy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't give a gently caress JUST GIVE ME UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS ANIMATED ALREADY.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, the wish to be less lameass.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually haven't been keeping up with the show and just got to the Swallow Reversal and holy loving poo poo, they handled that move perfectly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bholder posted:

Gil, please don't step on Shinji's grandpa right in front of him!

No, do it more. It would help Shinji's mental state to see someone step all over Zouken.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think it's mega cool that Shiro's UBW is a barren field of swords compared to Archer's which has cogs and metal works going on with a thick layer of dust in the air.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As am I.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be fair those are just an import of the JP Blu-Rays, but jesus. I imagine it'll be around the same price as the Fate/Zero ones when the dub finally drops, but that's still 150 bones for like the first half of UBW.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shiro cooking scenes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I cannot imagine a route where Shinji is a focus.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's in the preview, so it'll be there. Caster just wanted to marry Saber anyways.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He doesn't know yet guys. Even at the gentle age of 18, Shiro still has not discovered women.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rin is an ojousama and a tsundere she is the height of waifuability.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

Liam O'Brien doing the UBW chant is something I am glad to have seen.

You will bear witness to it again when the UBW is dubbed... provided they don't recast him like they did Gil.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's weird hearing the dub of the 2006 anime when I've heard them in better quality in the UBW movie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

can you imagine... liam obrian as archer in a show that's good. I'm excited

I'm still never getting Grant George back as Gilgamesh.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm mostly talking about the sound quality, it's just really stuffy as hell. The voice acting is good, but you sometimes couldn't tell because all of the voices sound bad in terms of actual sound quality.