Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

KT has Red Demon God, Drinking Dreaming Moon, and Tohno Family Con game. There is also some good side shenanigans going on in the main loop. If you liked Tsukihime and you liked Hollow Ataraxia, congrats, you'll like KT. Especially since it's full of Kohaku being rad.

Kohaku fan club represent

E: you will need a guide for it though because programmingwise it's the same Onscripter, held together with spit production that Tsukihime was only now it's also trying to be semi-open world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There are worse fates for TM characters than to all ultimately join the eternal in-joke/gag character parade :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

To the people complaining there's not enough UBW specific stuff in the OP, there IS one bit in there I find pretty hilarious. Check out where Rider's chilling near the end! :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

That's not really saying much, Saber by pretty much any account is both the least important "main" character in FSN and the least interesting. The curse of the franchise is that despite this she's so popular.
You always mix up Sakura and Saber Nate.

Talvos posted:

OH? Other people feel this way? With all the merchandise, I just assumed she was the most beloved character.

She is, by a wide margin. This is because people don't understand that the true top 3 are Kotomine, Iskander, and Kohaku.

Arc is a better main heroine than Saber it's true (I do like Saber though). I think there's something inherently hysterical about the fact that she just assumes Shiki is actually a serial killer and her main response to this is mild irritation and thinking he's quite rude.

You'd still be best off just waiting for the remake. Tsukihime is really, REALLY rough, even as much as I loved it at the time.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 12, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Sakura is not popular!
She was actually like, 6th or 7th in the female character poll somehow. She beat Kohaku. She beat Kohaku.

Nasu explains Saber's role in the context of Fate being the most about Shirou adhering to his ideals without fail. Fate is the romance not just in terms of relations but in philosophy.

Tonfa posted:

To be fair I think Saber is sleep-inducing but no single character could have saved Fate and the biggest failure of FSN is it needed over 10 hours of mind-numbingly boring setup for the two actually good routes.

I always feel like Fate gets an underserved bad rap. No it's not as good as UBW but isn't that how it should be? You want things to get better and better over time, it's another reason why I give HF such grief, after how fantastic UBW was we just drop down to pure garbage for 3/4 of the route, it's some of the worst pacing this side of MuvLuv. People say HF is "good" but really they're only talking about the final act of it (which, to be fair, is the best final boss rush in any video game).

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm real scared they'll take the easy way out and make Archer vs Shirou and Gil vs Shirou into swordfights. I want to believe in UFOtable but so much of FSN is inner monologue, mostly form Shirou but also from other characters in the various interludes, including flashbacks from characters like Berserker and Caster. It's the sort of stuff where if you try to show the scene from outside the character's head with none of that narration it won't play correctly, and a lot of those inner monologues got cut in Zero's anime.

point of return posted:

Rin is the best because she spends a large amount of time just making fun of Shiro for being an idiot.

They're by far the most believable couple of the three main pairings.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Scrree posted:

What are the chances Ufotable slip a tiny Sakura silhouette in the corner of the pole vaulting flashback? I was happy to see the other orphans in Shirou's adoption memory, and I want them to twist that knife as much as possible.

Apparently according to Nasu's livetweets for the episode those aren't actually the orphans, who are already plugged in by this point. Man loves his menial details.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is F/HA even worth slogging through at this point? I've waited so long that I have a really hard time bringing myself to give a poo poo now that it's actually out. Read like 2 hours worth back when the partial patch was released and Bazett was cool but I stil don't know if I want to bother.

HA is fun, go fishing with Lancer.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

No, the most :black101: part is that the only reason Kotomine doesn't break the man made of swords with his bare goddamn hands is the clock running out.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I mean, Kotomine literally ripped an oak tree out of the ground with his bare hands in F/Z, it's not as if doing completely insane bullshit feats of strength is abnormal for him. :v:

That fight is still probably the best thing Nasu has ever written, though. After 40+ hours of silly DBZ poo poo with magic powers, the final climactic battle of the VN is just two dying men beating the living gently caress out of each other with their bare hands.

"We've got no powers left, let's just beat the poo poo out of each other" is possibly my favorite trope out there. Bonus points if both combatants are dying anyway.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah hate is just internet posting hyperbole. She's just kind of boring and probably more importantly she's the face of a lot of the major problems with Heaven's Feel: the pacing, the relatively dull new villains, the way said new villains chump everyone who is actually cool out...

e:
http://i.imgur.com/nOedblil.jpg
Boy it's always great to see a couple new All Around Type Moon chapters.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 14, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Taiga Hot Springs outright says HF is a different matter altogether, to be fair.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

Can someone remind me what the event is that sets the course for the HF route? I realised while watching episode 1 of UBW and seeing Archer get saved by the command seal that I've completely forgotten what causes the path to diverge.

Hanging with Sakura the first 3 days.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's still totally possible to win with no command seals and have a contract, but that makes you a big dummy like Waver and you are totally reliant on your Servant's goodwill at that point.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kirei and Zouken probably both figured it out. Caster also claims that she immediately understood its true nature and thus the inherent futility of fighting for it.

Also the other reason you need a command seal is that even if you don't want to go for the full 7 Road To the Root prize, you still might need to get your servant to back off of their own wish unless you have someone like Diarmuid who just wants to give it to you anyway.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Re: the three families, Ilya, the Einzberns, etc

The Einzberns aren't after the Root. They in fact never were after that, which is the point of Ilya's infodump about the grail to Rin in HF. Only the Tohsakas sought the root like proper Magi, Zouken wanted to do good with that power at first but went crazy and got fixated on staying alive. What the Einzbern wanted, and had wanted for 500 years before the Holy Grail Wars started, was to regain their lost mastery of Heaven's Feel, the 3rd Magic. And indeed, in HF they manage to exactly that for about 5 seconds, because that's how Ilya brings Shirou back. The actual Einzbern game plan for the 5th War is that Ilya would take part, crush everyone with Berserker, and then when her functions shut down from having too many servants, one of the MAIDS turns into the Dress of Heaven needed to conduct the ritual and the other actually directs the final stages of the operation/takes the magic back to Germany (I forget which role Sela and Leysrit each take). Ilya being able to use the 3rd Magic herself in HF is because Sakura absorbed a bunch of the Servants instead, allowing Ilya to maintain her ability to move independently.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

pentyne posted:

So what happened in the first 3 wars? Clearly in the first war everyone involved must've known what was going on, the second must've been successful I guess, and the third was were the Einzberns poisoned the well with Avenger.

None succeeded for various reasons.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

It's up to your imagination as to what he looked like at that moment.
Emillya :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

You do know that Battle Moon Wars is fanfiction, right?

It's a joke Silver. A joke.

Beef Waifu posted:

It's also the worst kind of Fanfiction because makes Gilgamesh unplayable.

It's the worst for a lot of reasons really. Those OG characters are just the worst.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The music's pretty great though! Wallachia gets some weird JP hiphop theme.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah Zouken presumably gets his poo poo kicked in 10 years later when Rin and Waver roll into town since I doubt he'd take them dismantling the grail lying down, and Nasu says that conflict is basically a grail war of its own.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Not a chance.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If you play Tsukihime with anything but the original OST you miss out on the greatest ending theme of all time.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nasu actually states in some interview that Gae Bolg's DOES do the thorn thing, I believe when someone asked if Gae Bolg can kill Arc (turns out that it can, but she would eventually be reborn or something iirc).

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yosuke posted:

It's a matter of whether or not you need the extra summoning line. You can summon a Berserker without it if the legend is so inclined, the extra line makes it applicable to anyone though.

No the extra line just sets your summon as a Berserker, any hero who qualifies for that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Scrree posted:

"It is time for your confession, Emyia Shirou."

Man people rag on Fate but it has some real good bits to it people just forget about. Going down into Kotomine's basement funhouse is some seriously unsettling poo poo.

Also no Kyte, Magical Girl Lyrical Ilya is not better than the Tsukihime manga. Hell, it's not even better than Melty Blood or Melty Blood: ReAct.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Which is better, Type Moon Halloween or Type Moon Christmas?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

HellCopter posted:

Does HF getting the movie treatment mean that it'll have a bigger budget? Because by necessity it's gonna be like four movies.

Maybe then can even get Rin's face right.

e: Due to budget cuts, every film will be animated with the Tiger Dojo caricatures.

HF will be one movie. The first 5 minutes summarize most of the route and the rest is a lavishly, slavishly animated adaptation of just the last 2-3 days.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Extra is OK. It basically rides completely on the novelty of allowing you to participate in your own pseudo Holy Grail War and fight Servants and everything. The battle system is straight up just Rock-Paper-Scissors without much in the way of intelligence and there isn't much middle ground between it being too easy or hard in an annoying/frustrating way. You will die a LOT to bullshit bad luck, maybe even losing hours of progress since you can't save inside the dungeons. Also playing as Caster is really hard because she is so weak at the beginning of the game, so you kind of have to save her for NG+.

I haven't played CCC obviously but it is apparently really trashy, which is a shame because you can select Gilgamesh as one of your servants.

CCC is actually supposed to be awesome aside of the awful not-Sakura designs.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Gilgamesh is nuts in that game because apparently he actually is as overpowered as he's supposed to be and can beat the final boss in one go with his base loadout. Also the devs tell you not to pick him first because he figures out the whole plot from the start so he's just dropping spoilers left and right and you'll have no idea what's going on.

Gil's path from "generic rapist" in Fate to one of the most popular TM characters (I think he made like, 3rd in the male poll) has been a weird one.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The next time we'll see Altorouge and Primate Murder is in Tsukihime 2, so never.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Waver's whole storyline is that he actually had an inflated opinion of himself and got in over his head. Remember how an ordinary old man broke his hypnotism?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Things got out of control in the UBW thread but it still needs to be understood that Caster and Lancer are the best looking Type Moons.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kojirou's not quite as good looking as Cu, but he's a close second and still my favorite of the dude Servants characterwise aside of Alex. Like, I just love the whole thing where while everyone else is King Shithead with the Ancient Sword of Asskicking, he's just some peasant gently caress who swung his sword so many times reality broke and he achieved part of the 2nd Magic with 100% mundane skill and tools. :allears:

You can also go chill out with him at night in HA which is fun.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 23, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've always thought that kind of thing fits in super well with the whole part where Kiritsugu is supposed to be an emotionally immature weirdo (as is everyone else in his camp really, except maybe Saber).

But that's another part of what makes the whole "Kiritsugu is so much better" crowd weird. "Kiritsugu is so much better because Shirou is so misogynistic blah blah blah" yeah let's bring back the guy who completely disrespects his Servant, murders his foster mother, essentially treats his ward like a rifle with limbs and a vagina, and was planning to ritually sacrifice his wife (albeit with her permission I guess), HE'LL show that high school boy how to treat a woman.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh my god

this is one dumb video game

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 24, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Chances to become Archer:
Fate:25%
UBW:10%
HF:0%

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

jellycat posted:

I think Diarmuid was mostly cursing Kiritsugu (and maybe Saber), and that probably didn't do anything except make me sad.
Tell me how this makes you feel

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Gross, Diarmuid is a knight. Treat him with more respect than this.

Diarmuid has been consistently voted the Servant Most Likely To Be Wedgied.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

jellycat posted:

Good, good. Thank god for Japan.
They understand me.

I don't think I've ever seen dominant Diarmuid artwork.

Good work for once Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bholder posted:

You really believe Kirei keeps Gilgamesh around with just a bunch of battery-children?