Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Will we find out that BB is short for Bamboo Baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

nrook posted:

There’s no reason Caster and her master couldn’t have just skipped out on the whole Grail War and gone abroad while the thing was still running, right? That was always my assumption, and I like it thematically: had Medea been able to really be honest with Kuzuki about what she wanted, and if he had clearly communicated his desires in return, they could have survived the war. But instead she risks everything fighting for a prize she doesn’t need and Kuzuki doesn’t care about. In the end, they both die senselessly.

Fate/stay night raises the idea that Medea and Kuzuki are somehow mismatched in personality, which makes sense with this reading of events.

I can't recall if there was something beyond desire for the grail keeping servants bound to Fuyuki, but presumably had they fled, they'd be pursued by whichever master-servant team survived the murder-bowl to complete the grail ritual and probably The Church who are meant to be making sure the whole thing doesn't get out of hand.