Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Tsukihime honestly isn't all that great, so it's no surprise the adaptions are bland. I'm hoping the remake changes that... when it comes out in twenty years.

I mean drat, it says something when even Carnival Phantasm couldn't do anything with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Wrong Tsukihime fandisc. PLUS-DISC's Alliance of Illusionary Eyes was actually pretty neat, though I really didn't need to know that Shiki's voice is apparently dripping with sex appeal.

KT had some neat concepts (the final fight in particular), but the vast majority of it fell flat. Much like Tsukihime!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Kohaku is the best character and I am eternally sad she turned into an otaku mad scientist. Though I guess even that's better than what happened to Ciel.

More plots should feature the evil plan being ruined because the MC is such a nice guy the main villain starts to feel bad about the whole intricately planned revenge thing.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I just couldn't get into Shiki's mindset. As far as I can tell he's just kind of an rear end in a top hat with an extremely laid-back view on life?

Thanks to the countless bouts of insanity, Shiki never gets the chance to form a consistent personality like Shirou. While this makes him less annoying to deal with at times, it also makes him incredibly boring. I mean it says something when he's at his most interesting when he's either going absolutely nuts or has cast away all other facets of his personality to kill the gently caress out of something.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Hey don't forget the midnight coffee run!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah, HA had a lot of fun character scenes like that. It's probably the main reason I actually like Sakura.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I happen to be a fan of melodrama, so I liked HF's early days. :shrug:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If there is one thing I learned from the Fate/Zero thread, is that you can always count on somebody to look at a joke and think "hmph! this isn't :spergin: enough"

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Shirou and Sakura have a hilarious perfect relationship; Shirou desperately wants to help other people, and Sakura desperately wants somebody to care about her.

A shame that Sakura doesn't come to life as a character until HA. I guess imminent doom and insanity have a way of making a character boring.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I still don't understand how Mind of Steel would end in anything other than Berserker pasting Shirou the second he steps out of the church.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Actually, I guess it could also end in Rin getting cold feet and taking out Shirou to save Sakura. I'm sure Archer would be more than happy to do it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ilya literally calls you an idiot, and Taiga just goes "no comment".

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You mean one of the endings in Kohaku's route? I think he's lost an arm and a leg in that one, he's probably just going to bleed out. Not that he cares at that point.

EDIT: That ending is hilarious in the LP because Seorin links one of Nanaya's win quotes in MB... right before the actual Nanaya mode Shiki muses about how stupid it is to enjoy killing.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 13, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's because she's boring. Her passiveness, self-loathing, and eventual insanity are justified, and in many ways match up with Shirou's own flaws, but they can get pretty tiring to deal with because that's essentially all she has to her. Saber has food, temporal shenanigans and cool fights while Rin has... pretty much everything about her to make them interesting.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Basically just go read F/HA, it fleshes out a lot of the characters.

Sakura: the bane of door-to-door salesmen.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

F/SN just never got to dip its feet into the Issei/Shirou/Shinji love triangle.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Shirou meets Zouken.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Caster never commanded him not to do that. :v:

Archer exploits a loophole; he attacks Kuzuki, knowing full well that Caster would suicide herself to save him.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 14, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That was in HF though. :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If Rin knew half of what was going on she's have busted Sakura out years ago.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

For me I started liking her the moment she kinda stood up and corrected Shirou in a forceful enough way to make him take a step back. :allears:

In HA, Sakura's pretty much all about gently intimidating everyone she meets into submission.

Zouken and Shinji practically live by her whim alone. :allears:

EDIT: Oh and she also talks about cooking a lot. It's like the one conversation both Shirou and her are most comfortable with, so they fall back on it whenever things get awkward.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 16, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Berserker's best NP is normally a bow.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Nasuverse basically runs on there being a stringest series of rules that everyone important can break with impunity.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Are you calling HF True wish fulfillment in a game where UBW Good exists?

Actually you best not be knocking HF True, it's quite literally the culmination of the entire VN.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 17, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Wait are you honestly telling me you prefer the ending that is the game calling you on learning absolutely nothing from the entire story and staying a selfish rear end in a top hat to the very end? :psyduck:

I'm going to hope my irony detectors are just broken because otherwise uhhhhh.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

HF True is basically a massive parallel to the ending of the fourth war, with the significant difference being that Shirou chose to be human. So while Kiritsugu has to deal with a slowly dying body, Shirou has friends who can actually do something about his situation. He's still basically crippled for life and will probably never be able to fight seriously again (just like Kiritsugu!), but that's ultimately for the best.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Post HF, Shirou is in a brand new puppet body that is utterly reliant on Sakura to continue functioning. He can still use UBW because it his soul and that didn't change, but that doesn't mean he can fight effectively with it.

Kiritsugu could still use magic after getting cursed too! He just couldn't do half the poo poo he used to.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'd bash the terrible map design over the plot any day of the week.

Although it was the game where I found out that I'd been playing SRW games completely wrong, so that's something.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

:allears:

EDIT:

archer I think you might have a complex about this

If for some reason you haven't jumped on that HA translation, you really should. So fun.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Oct 18, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

That's gotta be one of the best possible timelines, Rin and Shirou having Saber around while they kick the asses of rogue mages gotta be pretty easy with a Servant.

Meanwhile Sakura loses both of the pillars of her life and spends the rest of her (arguably brief) life suffering.

You're such a great sister Rin. :thumbsup:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'd be curious if they even have a way to kill him. Not even getting exorcised was enough, that rear end in a top hat had to give up living to finally go down.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Nasu's straight up rewriting Tsukihime. He has been for a while now.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well so far there's only been art of the heroines and Satsuki, so chances are pretty good.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

HA has some of the servants go over their backstory, and Rider's in particular is basically maximum :smith:. When Perseus used Kibisis to essentially invert time and space so Medusa would look at herself, her "nightmare" was seeing her two sisters bullying her. This was long, long after she murdered them herself in a crazed frenzy, and she was so shocked at seeing them alive and well again that she froze up long enough for Perseus to cut her head off.

Ironically, this probably means Breaker Gorgon is the perfect anti Dark Sakura weapon.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

RN's changes to HF kind of ruin a lot of things about Sakura's personality and motivations, but to be honest "was molested 24/7 for most of her life" is a pretty lovely backstory.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

I mean sure that sentence makes total sense within the context of the VN, not so much within the context of the anime. :v:

The very next line is "that's the way it should be." It makes perfect sense even in the anime, that screencap is just a joke that got really overblown.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

"People die if they are killed... that's the way it should be." *Returns the magical artifact that has been keeping him alive*

I'm sorry, but if you can't follow the reasoning in that it says more about you than the anime.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Last I checked the entire crew is in an alternate dimension to rescue Miya, and it turns out that Miya is basically alternate dimension Ilya. Her brother is alternate dimension Shirou, and he was imprisoned after trying to bust Miya out of her lovely life. Young Gilgamesh (I think) busted him out, and presumably he's off to try to save his sister again because it's not like rotting in a prison for a couple of months would make you weaker.

Also that is not Ilya to the side of him, but her past self given form by absorbing the powers of the Archer class card, which conveniently mirror EMIYA's powers. No, really.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Fangz posted:

also try and just blitz through as quickly as you can.

Good luck doing that when there's like 50 enemies with way too much HP.

Hollow Ataraxia finale. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I think you and I have very different definitions of "blitz through" if you're considering "the enemy phase lasts forever and a day" as falling under that.

And man, let's not even talk about Zouken's underground slideshow.